Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Good afternoon gents. It's 75 in Indy and might warm up a bit more. Slight chance of rain hanging around for the rest of the afternoon. Just finished the first round of the golf club championship. If you never played golf with me before you might think I knew what I was doing today. Second round is Wednesday. Highly unlikely that I'll play as well. Tonight is the last night of the pistol league. I've been missing real close so I'm shooting a .45 for bigger holes in the targets. :D

Stopped by a gun shop in Churubusco, IN on our way home from Shipshewana yesterday. They had a decent supply of Fiocchi small rifle primers at $150 for a box of 1500. Don't need SRPs that bad................yet. No horses tied to a hitching post out front, either.

Happy anniversary Rick.

Have a good rest of the day.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Good Monday afternoon, GoGo. At 2:30 it's 85 in Louisville and that should be the high. When I got up this morning the driveway was just a little damp, so apparently we had a shower of some kind during the night. It's supposed to hit 90 tomorrow and 93 Wednesday.

I ordered one of those minimal leather holsters from Walmart and it was delivered yesterday. I don't see any reason I can't make one just like it. Ordered the metal belt clip (4-pack) from Amazon last week. I'll do some nice tooling on the ones I make, customize them a little, then probably give them as Christmas gifts. I haven't seen how my various autos fit the holster, but it appears to be quite versatile in terms of what pistols will fit it. I don't see any reason it won't hold a snubby revolver as well.

Charlie, I'll check today off on your retirement calendar. Glad to see you've done a rough count on how many Mondays you have left. Keep swinging that hammer. And good luck with your offer for the boat. I hope it happens for you.

Congratulations, Greyfox, on your 40th anniversary. Knowing both you and Tarcilla a little, I can see where you complement one another quite well. As for your dumpster find, I have a 5mm Sheridan Blue Streak that I've had since I was 10 or 12. Great air rifles, and you can still get parts. The only thing I don't really like is that because of their design, you are supposed to never store them without a few pumps of pressure. You don't have to load it, but it does have to be cocked and with 2-3 pumps of pressure on the system. We never did it that way when I was a kid, so I guess this tip is something that the repair folks came up with at some point.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and join me in praying for our friends here and for our nation.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
KF, bought my Sheridan Blue Streak back in 1976. Still works great. I don't recall the need for leaving a small charge in the cylinder, but maybe that helps keep the piston lubed and working better. Only maintenance I remember is a drop of oil on the lever joints and a drop of oil to lube the piston. Used mine a lot for yard vermin like chipmunks causing damage and nuisance pest birds (pigeons). I got tired of having to pump so much when shooting at times, and got a CZ 631 .177 springer also. Like them both, just different uses.

Belt slide holsters have been around for years. Over the years, I have picked up a couple of them cheap used at shows, but they didn't have a metal clip, just used the belt loops.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
The Blue Streak doesn’t fall into either category. The one I have seen in competition was shot in PCP Class. It doesn’t fall into the springer class either. For one reason or the other it didn’t do all that well. We shoot a little air rifle Bench Rest competition. You need to take it off the bags to pump it and then you have to get back on a confusing and small target.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts