Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting ready to sit down for service y'day when rcvd text from DIL. She dropped my son off in a Doc in a box - he was fighting CVid 6+ days, they transported him straight to ER. Low 02 level. We drove down to watch the kids so she could go to the ER. Found out no visitation. They released him after an O2 treatment. Very weak. Per Dr, "He is in the middle of the worst period of the Delta variant", so he has that much behind him.....so they think. He has to keep track of his blood O2 leveI. I have no confidence that "what is known" is truly known by those in charge. So, my first line of action is prayer. I would appreciate yours.

Spent time RainXing the windows, wiping water spots off, prepping for the polishing. I will be on that later today. I polished, not waxed, the pickup w 3 coats when I got that in Dec '17. It was well over a year before water wasn't beading.

We had another .3 over night. I t won't hurt a thing, that's for sure. There have been beans taken off already and some fields are full, deep green. Early planting of short variety and the lack of rain results?

Stopped at the mall for a jewelry store visit. Had Dinah pick out a ring set. Clerk asked the occasion? Just because.
The mornings are still pleasant on the patio but warming a bit this week.

That camper rig of Deb's looks to be large enough for square dance practice. That's riding High n Wide. A lot of call out$, eh Scott? Enjoy
Going to watch the drags later today. Maybe I'll make it up there next year. Nothing like it. Need to get horizontal for later.
Tom out.

·
Administrator
3,726 Posts
59° here in Upstate NY this morning under mostly cloudy skies with fog, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 71°. We have a 30% chance of rain, it will be partly sunny day with a light variable wind today.

Yesterday my wife and went to church in the morning and then I did nothing for the rest of the day basically. I did some internet searching for an older Uniden phone for a frend, the one he had bit the dust. He had his late wife's greeting on it and he wants another to get things back to the way they were when she was here I guess you would say. This morning I am going up to the gun club to check on things and also do some shooting.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Administrator
3,726 Posts
Prayers are sent and will be continued for you son and you and Dinah. I hope he will be all right.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 63 and high of 79. No rain. Plenty of writing projects today, some rifles need shooting also.
Yesterday was a day of rest and I did just that.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 55 going to mid 70's with clear skies. three buckets of tomatoes in the kitchen waiting on a processee, Me to process them. Well coffee is about done time too go. Prayers to all, Toms son those in need and this country. Mike

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Great morning folks,

55° and a pleasant 75° later with a clear sky most of the day here near HalfwayUSA.

We were back in the truck seats early yesterday. We headed north to our friend's place to help out at her big rummage sale. She is finally ready to rid herself of STUFF. A lot of stuff left the property in someone else's vehicles. By the end of the day Mike (of Mike and Corey fame) & I were busy turning suitable stuff into scrap metal. I got just a little bit of lead while brass, copper, aluminum & steel will go off to the recycler to generate some more folding money. The last of the left overs went in our truck. Debra Dearest informs me we will be having our own rummage sale very soon to get rid of STUFF. As you would expect, I couldn't stand by & watch everything get sold off to other folks. I bought 4 moonshine jugs so they can be recycled in the proper way.;)

Clean out day today. Deb & I will detail the old truck camper. There are a couple interesting folks & it needs to look it's best.

The yard needs a cutting in a few places & that may get done today too.

·
Administrator
12,657 Posts
Morning gang from VA Beach. 70 something and overcast but going to be a nice day. We headed out the inlet a short time ago and the motor bogged down. Just got fuel. Probably some water in it? Time to check filters. Hope we get it going and can fish. If not, well have a few beers. I had more than a few yesterday and am paying for it. But we had a great time and good food.

Prayers sent. Have a good one

Charlie

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good mornin' from Lucas County, internet says it's 64* here.
going to the timber farm at 9am, we sold it to our boy & his family 4 years ago.
plan is to help our 14-years-old twin grandsons sight-in their new Savage Axis XP youth rifle in .350 Legend.....will keep brass to reload.

·
Registered
13,433 Posts
Mornin boys...
66 here high on RUGER Mt this morning and foggy.
We got light rain yesterday evening and I guess some
last nite. My brother text Tucker yesterday evening and told him Wal-Mart had 22 shells. We went to see if they still had some and they did. He got 3 200 ct. milk cartons and I just got 1. Left 1 on the shelve...somebody else can get it.I
when we got home the little monster con'd him into riding hicks for a.your or so and I shot a few to see how they'd shoot. Not too bad for camo colored bullets, yep, a sales ploy, green, brown, tan and black bullets in'em. Coated kinda like powdercoat. Supposed to be "clean" stuff, we'll see.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...
prayers for Toms son and all the rest...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
morning all. high 30s here with mid 80s later, lots of dew this morning on the hay.
After church and lunch the boss man called for me to come check on the baler his damgrandson has been running.
Didn't take long to figure out it's trashed, will take several thousand to repair it, may just have the NH guy come and pull it
back to the dealer and let them to the work. Same grandson that kept breaking the swather and one set of rakes that I haven't
got time to fix yet.
I went and help boss man bale some oat hay, I think he went back after dark and finished the field.
More baleing and fixing today. Slept in and it felt really good.
Prayers for Toms son and family. And others with health issues, our country and others.
Have a good, safe day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 64º and hazy here headed for the upper 80's. Much better than the upper 90's.

A few of us returned to the Dove field yesterday for round two. It didn't last long, an unforecast T'Storm rolled through about 30 minutes after we hit the field and shut everything down. I got back home, unloaded my gear, had breakfast and just took it easy the rest of the day.

Not much planned for today. I'll probably put my Wife's Aruba, Ruba, ??? (Robot Vacuum Cleaner) back together after while. Our elderly Cat has an accident occasionally and the vacuum cleaner found it. Yuk! I took it apart to clean it a few days ago and left it to dry out.

Special prayers for TAJ's Son, any others in need and our Country.

Y'all enjoy the holiday and have a good one.

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
Morning GGVG....
Prayers sent
Think ill play with the 6BR barrel today
U'all have a great day

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Good foggy morning from the Foggy sticks of Kentucky. I have been "Up" since 6 AM and just waiting for the fog to clear enough to drive Greenie on the highway to Otis's house. I rather not get Ran Over.
We had maybe 0.1 inch of showers yday but the Hay will be fine if I can get the fluffer in the field. The Clutch is broken but Dean hasn't got here to fix it yet and it still runs.
Operating Farm Machinery is a Long learning curve and kids unintentionally break a lot of things. My farming in early life was totally different so I had to learn also with new machinery.

Lightman, that little accident with the Robot Vac ....no words are sufficient.

Prayers for Tom's son with Chineze Virus, hope he improves soon.

Maybe I need to get going, we supposed to have sunshine.
Yall have a good day and try to keep the vaccum cleaners outta the Cat Crap.

Passed this thing on the way home from Bruce's house. Empty. Don't be the one to fill it up.

·
Registered
650 Posts
GM from the ☁ E side of the Chesapeake. 72 and cloudy clearing out to a 🌞😎 85 . Yesterday was relaxing day . We are going out dove shooting this afternoon at 13:00-13:30 . I surely hope l shoot better than I did Saturday at the beginning . I had to switch to my 20 to make things happen . Last week I purchased a little tiny Benelli Ethos 28 gauge shotgun . I ordered a Briley magazine weigh but it was still to whippy .
Prayers for Tom's boy and everyone . Everyone have a good day.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
57 as the sun climbed over the ridge, will make the 80's by afternoon. Nothing of much import happened yesterday other than the completion of my bank records for tax purposes. I guess I'll celebrate Labor Day with some labor. Need to spend some time with the weed eater and more with weed killer. I think there are a number of semi urgent chores that need attention, but since I don't have my list in front of me I have no clue what they are. Think I'll have a bite of breakfast and consider the possibilities.

One other item to consider. Scott Adams of "Dilbert" fame has a daily podcast. He has postulated for some time that roughly 20-25% of respondents to all polls are morons who have no clue about anything. Don't know if he is correct or not, but it may clarify some of the current polls. I mean, just how many folks do you personally know that believe POTUS is doing a competent job......with anything?

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
TAJ…prayers for son and all your family
hedgehog….that 28 gauge is a learning process…LOL…I been using one for years. I mainly shoot the little English stocked Ruger O/U. But I really like the feel of the 870 too.
JR…That might be a camper with a view…
lightman…I think I’d chunk that one and get a new one…yuk
Dean…those boys may be like me. I know son has his reasons for not wanting me on the tractor anymore,,,LOL
stevelong…reminds me of when I took the twin grandsons of mine to SE New Mexico one year (about 15 years ago) prairie dogin. We (they) shot for 3 days. I was mostly spotter. They burnt about 2000 rounds on the trip. By the end of the third day, they were getting pretty salty. Fun Times.
Good Luck in the dove fields and squirrel trees boys.

Had my day all planned out and then remembered it was a holiday. Guess I’ll put bank, drug store, leather shop, and dominoes off till tomorrow….LOL

JR hit me up with this. I guess I’m a little slow, but seems like my wallet was lighter when he left.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Morning all, late check in for me, 71 headed to 78 today. Covid continues to rage in our county and the surrounding ones, the most # of cases since it all started, hospitals and ERs are overwhelmed. I went nowhere yesterday, plan on doing the same today. May do some bush hogging today, finish my back field up for the year. Hope to sell my cows in the next week or two. Then put out some deer bait in the back field, may cabbage on one or two with the crossbow, maybe a turkey also. F&W are advising not to gut your deer, it could be carrying covid 19,??? I think it is a lot of hooey myself, some more drama dreamed up by the powers that be, anybody else heard anything of this? Prayers for your son and family Tom, anyone else in need of them, Buff out.

·
Administrator
1,867 Posts
79* at 11:30 and on the way to 87 for a high this afternoon. Not much going on here today, it is a holiday you know. Not supposed to work on a holiday, unless you are farmer then there is no such thing as a holiday. I have given up farming and have some people who raise and cut hay from my land, and they are going to be cutting right away so I won't be at my shooting range for a few days. Well wife just called me to lunch. Didn't take long to eat a sandwich, so I'm back at.
Prayers for all in need, especially the people left in Afghanistan after our great potus has left them behind. Now there are six plane loads setting at the airport and he won't let them take off. That is just wrong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts