Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
55° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high for today is to be up to about 80°. Peaceful day yesterday and that will be the way today is also I hope.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Good Morning

68 start to the day in NC Ohio. Have been busy this summer more than last but when it hit 90 this round low to the ground old fart disappears to the AC!! Everyone take time too honor the Vets that didn't return and paid the price for our freedom to say on this board what we want. Prayers to the families of those vets for their sacrifice. Mike

·
Administrator
11,784 Posts
Good Memorial Day morning folks. It is 63° and wet here. It poured yesterday afternoon. Over an inch of rain in under an hour. Little cooler than yesterday and should clear up nicely later on. I found a free freezer on CL last night. Texted them, but no response. Would like to get it the morning because I have some beefy guys coming for a picnic later on to help unload. :) Need to get the weed eater fired up this morning and trim things up. Got the porch pressure washed yesterday before the rain. Putting wings on the smoker about 10AM. Burgers and dogs with all the fixings later.

No signs od snakes this morning. Have a good one. Remember those who died for our country.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Great morning,

65° with a clear sky & humidity already here near Halfway USA. Had another down pour yesterday afternoon. Things are thoroughly saturated here.

22br was loaded first thing yesterday morning. Once outside, it seems I put in a 12hr shift. :rolleyes: The legs for the camper are all painted & re-installed. I was looking over what I needed to do to install the wiring and solar voltage regulator on the camper & before I knew it I was done. :rolleyes: So much for just eyeballing the situation. :D In between all that, I got the 5th wheel ready for this season's camping.

I have a 4 legged shooting bench I want to make. It will provide a more stable platform for long range compared to the swivel bench.

Going to visit Mike & Emma and their new baby today. Corey will be there too. Should be a laughing good time. Debra Dearest worked late into the night finishing a baby quilt for new Sadie. She's finishing the embroidery right now.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
morning all. Starting out at 38 this Memorial Day. Should get into the upper 70s and of course the wind will be around 30mph again this afternoon.
Took a short nap yesterday after we got home from church then went out and worked on a sprinkler that was off. Got it going and another is now broke down. So have something to do today too.
Really wanted to get back to the 6.5 creedmoor project and shoot it some more, but with the wind and work it seems it will just have to wait. :(
Better get moving alone.
Have a wonderful day and remember those who gave all for us.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Mornin boys...
66 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Don't know what we'll get into today but I'm off
work. Might shoot some of the boys want to.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

Thanks to all the vets...

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Good Morning from the Damcow farm in Kentucky.
BBBeeeaauutttiful Sunshine out there right now drying out the hay the Boss Man cut down against weatherman advise. We had a half inch of rain on it yesterday, but some fluffing. And drying it should be good to go about 2 pm. #2 son is here to help?.Maybe he can drive a tractor to rake it. His knee injury is bothering him a lot but Judy Brown would appreciate it.

I have a job for Judy Brown later today as I hit an old electric pole yesterday, snapped it off, and the wires need to be cut off where it hooks into the barn wiring. Skruske, should I turn off the Lectrick first?

Charlie, I would have the shotgun ready in case those snakes show themselves again today, ain't living I. No house with Snakes of any kind.

Memorial Day or Decoration Day here in the sticks of Kentucky.
I lost a good friend earlier this month to cancer. He was 1st Infantry Division Vietnam 1967 68. Went through some bad bad shit over there, passed from this life a few weeks ago. I think about him every day.

Off to the hayfield......

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Good Morning all, from a drained shooter. Its 74° out now at 8:00. After looking into burying Janet's Dad's ashes, we foolishly went to a USPSA pistol match nearby the Cemetery. 7 stages on a sunny, high humidity 98° day. We were both dragging for the 3 hour drive home. Fate stepped in and stopped Janet's AC. We got a can of the freon replace that has a sealant in it too.... Couldn't use it cause gauge said it was over pressure already. So 3 hours with windows down. Poor Janet went to sleep at 10 and is still sleeping. I have a red head, but it's not painful, now just have to get motivated....

Steven

1 - 8 of 8 Posts