Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
52° here in Upstate NY this morning with the high temperature going up to about 72° today. Supposed to be nice for a few days with a low chance of showers a couple of days.

I have to go to the Dr. this morning for a six month checkup and then it will be business as usual for the day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Good Morning

morning George and others to follow. It's 67 here in NC Ohio with prediction of rain. I have not sighted in the HMR yet, maybe tonight if weather co-ops. I have a Dr appointment today and tomorrow then hope to get a couple beds built for the garden. Everyone be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Good Morning from Kremmling Colorado. Got here Saturday afternoon, spent that day and night dry camping with no electricity using up all the batteries on the phones and tablet. Got a campground spot yesterday then headed into Rocky Mountain National Park from the west. I had seen the east side, but this was even better.
Both of us got dizzy at altitudes over 11,000 feet. Highest is 12,000 feet along the ridge road. Took lots of pictures, seen deer, moose and elk, even some cute gophers.
Now I can cross that off my bucket list.
Today is 100 miles into Denver and visit some of wife's friends.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Great morning folks,

Clear, sunny, a little breeze and we start with 54° expecting 79° later here near Halfway USA. Glad the clouds moved off late yesterday.

Our bike ride yesterday gave a couple surprises. Saw a brand new fawn nursing & we were less than 30 yards away. Deb tried getting a picture but momma was having not of that & only got a couple white tails running away. We covered just less than 10 miles in about one hour & 10 minutes.

I know this will seem rather silly, I'm sure Doug will think it's crazy, but I got the mower out last evening about 9:30pm. There was plenty of light and I got all the trimming done. Today I will ride the big mower around. Yard is looking good with the rain & sunshine getting thing nice & green.

Errands to run & a dentist to visit for today.

Ken, I installed one of these in the 5th wheel for those long dry camp trips.

https://www.amazon.com/Cllena-4-port-Charger-Adapter-Motorcycle/dp/B01FH4NTF6/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1528714851&sr=8-28&keywords=rv++usb+charger

If that doesn't meet your needs, pick out something different:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_2?fst=p90x%3A1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Arv++usb+charger&page=2&keywords=rv++usb+charger&ie=UTF8&qid=1528714838

Also, if you need reserve power for your devices, I highly suggest one of these battery packs with solar recharger:

https://www.amazon.com/Soluser-10000mAh-Portable-Waterproof-Flashlight/dp/B072FVBFS4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1528715100&sr=8-2&keywords=hiking+10%2C000+mah+power+bank

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Mornin boys...
Mid 60s with a ban e of rain here high on RUGER Mt this morning
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
morning all. 42 with 85 for later this afternoon. With some "breezes".
Missed you all yesterday, left the house before 5am to check cows and sprinklers. When I got back Gwyn had a scan running on the 'puter. Was still running when we left for town and church.
After we got home and had lunch I took a 15 minute nap before the phone rang and I had to go work on sprinklers. Got one going and came back home.
Gwyn bought me a new gas grill while she was visiting the Grand kids. So we put it together in the dining room, then rolled it outside and put a couple steaks on and tried it out!:D
Time to move along, have a safe and good day.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,776 Posts
good morning folks. It's 57º and still raining here in soggy southcentral PA. Rain started yesterday about 11AM and has been off and on all thru the night. Mostly ON. We received over 2 inches. In between showers I ran the seeder around the yard again, since it softened up a bit. Let the spikes aerate the lawn a bit and tried to push some seed into the ground. Hopefully some sprouts. :rolleyes: Didn't get anything done on the boat. I was going to wash it in the rain, but figured the tree dirt falling would just make it a mess again. I need to get that done, finish the cosmetic issues and get a couple coats of wax on it. Doesn't look like I'll get to use it before July now, unless I take a day off work.:(

Well Mike, check another Monday off the list. Honestly, I don't mind working on days like these. I'd rather be here working with it raining than if it were sunny and beautiful out.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 66 in Louisville, going to 85. We've had thundershowers since sometime yesterday afternoon and on through the night. They're supposed to continue, off and on, through Wednesday.

I've got about 12-15 tomatoes about the size of small marbles, so these intermittent showers should be great for them. My one zucchini plant is setting fruit, but most of them are getting about an inch long and just stopping. Not sure I've ever seen that before and don't know what it means. I do have one fruit (?) that's getting longer and maturing. MPC, you got any ideas?

Kermit drove me crazy all weekend sending me photos of his brothers holding BIG fish they had just caught. Miss Cindy and her BFF are planning a week in Gatlinburg for the four of us this fall. I checked Google Maps and it's only about 2 hours from there over to where Kermit's brothers are catching BIG stripes, hybrids and where he caught that 5# smallie. I'm thinking instead of struggling to catch rainbow trout around Gatlinburg, we may have to drive a little farther east and catch some real fish. :)

I made it to the Big Gun Show on Saturday. Main purchases were two concealed-carry purses for Miss Cindy. If you're interested, I met the lady who owns this company and she has a huge range of high quality, reasonably priced purses. Here's the website.

Greyfox, do we have a date for the UBR Nationals or the KY/TN state championships. If I'm not proactive, Miss Cindy will get on the calendar before I do, which won't be good.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Administrator
11,776 Posts
Mike, that happens to my zukes a lot also. I'm not sure what it is, or what causes it. I suspect it's blossom end rot, due to being too wet. I've tried sprays for blossom end rot with no improvement. It usually clears up when things dry out.

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
Bottom blossom end rot? I had it on my maters several times but the Clemson Ag Lady told me to apply plain ol' calcium. It did the trick for my BBER. May not be the same for 'zucs?
Bench is screwed and glued. Going to fill the edges then do a pour.
Like Charlie, we've had 2" since y'day pm and drizzling now. VBS starts tonight so Dinah going in at three and I'll be 2 hrs behind her.
I need to get a sub lined up in case I'm called to sub for Bridge Th.
Time to get at it, all y'All make the most of this week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts