Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
51° here in Upstate NY this rainy morning but the temperature is going to be falling into the 40's. We had a couple of thunder boomers during the night and the electric went off for a minute. They say we may have some showers today and tonight and it will be rather windy.

Well today starts a new week and it seems as if I am going to be busy. I got computer work to do and I got membership renewals to process and start sending out.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

Mornin' George and others to follow. It's 34 this morning with clearing skies on the way. Two small tornadoes formed from the severe storms last night, Shelby and one near Springfield. I had two inches rain and some hail fell in about 30 min. For that reason looks like a good morning to stalk some breakfast in town. Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 41º and hazy here headed to the low 70's. It looks like we should have a couple of pretty days here before the rain moves back in.

The contractors will be after while to put the finishing touches on the kitchen. The Wife is happy but it sure will be good to get life back to normal! I'm going to use his miter saw before he leaves to cut some braces for the shelves in the storage room. My lead and brass stash is beginning to overload them!

I'll probably head back to deer camp tomorrow to finish out Turkey season. I sure would like to get one.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas 52, clear and 70 this afternoon. Back to the normal routine this week, kids are better, oldest came home yesterday. I have not heard what the Doc found out. I may head to the coffee shop later.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Great morning folks,

33° and still overcast but the wind and snow has moved off here near Halfway USA. We received 4-5 inched of wet heavy snow in the past 24 hours but the somewhat warmer ground melted a lot of it already.

It was just plain nasty loading up the stuff into the camper. Roads to the south should be in better shape, We'll be enjoying warmer weather by mid day. Next stop, damnwelding shop. Then a quick visit with Mrs.& Mr. Damncow farmer at McDonalds. We usually don't do it anymore but this time we will be running a longer day. Got to be in Florida in time for a soccer game.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
morning all. 34 with mid 60s this afternoon along with 30mph "breezes".
Good day yesterday, got in a nap after lunch then worked a little in the yard, then Gwyn help me clean off the back of my service truck, wow there is a truck bed there! Then we worked out in the work shop after supper for a while. And I got some 223s sized for the ARs.
Will be a long hard day today, branding calves. Not sure just how many in this bunch but I'm betting it over 200. We have lots of help, I hope. We'll see... some of them are new to cattle work so any thing could happen :eek:.
Better get moving along. Have a safe trip south Scott and Deb. Prayers for the needy.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Good Morning

37 degrees when I left the ridge this morning. Only getting up to 58 they tell me. LOTS of wind with some on and off rain mixed in yesterday. The middle of the day was nice and sunny though.
Picked up a new-to-me Dillon 550 a few weeks ago and just got around to making a mount for it. It seems like the reloading bunker always needs cleaning nowadays.
Short work week followed by Easter with a crowd gathering at our house on Sunday. Looking forward to it.
Safe travels to those on the road and prayers offered for those in need.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Well, crap, had a nice post going and then tried to use an ASCII code to get the degree symbol. Whomp, Murphy swooped in and ate my post. Anyway, good morning. It's 38, going to 77. Wet and WINDY weekend.

Scott, be safe on the road and take it easy. If you have a problem, you have friends between Michigan and Florida.

I have a touch of Charlie's crud and hoping it'll only last 2-3 days.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
good morning from windy southcentral PA. It's way past our high of 70 for the day, dropping steadily. Now 53º and headed to 40's later on the back side of the front. It rained/drizzled all day yesterday I didn't get a damn thing done. It's a shame, I have a ton of yard work to do and I have some things to do to get the boat ready to fish next week. After dark the front rolled through and it poured. Storms cut out the satellite signal a few times but we never lost power. Rained through the night off and on.

Crud is still with me, but subsiding a little. The dog and I held down the fort and took a nice nap while Sue went to her mother's for Easter lunch (got outta that one! :)) Meds are helping a bit. It's funny, but Advil seems to help the most. Cough is subsiding, but still kind of feverish at times. This is a bad one. I'm at work today, we'll see how long I last. I'm way too busy to be sick.

Speaking of work, I better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
A very cool morning at 37° down from 80° yesterday at 3 pm. I built a nice cozy fire in the stove, so its great in here. I looked through the blinds and no cows are in the Road, so all is ok. I will sling out a couple rolls of hay later when i find my boots.
Dean is working calves today. Maybe i could run a few of these thru and he would never notice them. We have 2 new births yesterday and they were fine when i last saw them.

I have heard Zero shots by Turkey hunters but i have seen Gobblers on each farm. I thought about popping one yesterday, but i didnt want to mess with it. Just don't care for turkey that much.

It looks like I am going to be On VACATION again as JB is taking a Quilt to Justin as a donation fir a charity auction of some sort. She will spend the night so she won't drive in darkness. And i may be having Hot Fudge Sundae at McD. If the Skruskes are not running late fir the soccer game.

I may work on the barn later, floor is rotted out in the loft so i need to lay some boards down first.
Replacing boards under a loft window. Maybe.
Otis the Tomcat returned from another foray late yesterday, so i need to go visit him later.

Ya'll be safe today.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Monday

Good morning all. I think it's Monday but I've not been sure what day it is
since a boss stopped calling to ask if I was coming to work today. Whatever, it's 36 and cloudy in Indy heading for 56. There was rumors of snow flurries over night but I didn't see 'em.

I did shoot a turkey once. Plugged it with a 9MM Glock. Can't go back to Kroger now.

That's why I like to read JR's post before I put mine up. I learn something every day.

Y'all have a good'n.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Morning all. 40 here and feels like 32! JR, if you shoot a turkey, just skin the breast, and bone it out on each side, then take it home, and cut it into strips across the grain of the meat, the little lines on it. Then soak in Italian dressing and soy sauce mix over night, then shake it dry, and roll in cornmeal/flour mix, drop in the skillet and fry it on both sides about 5 minutes each, will melt in your mouth!! Got to have a tooth pulled at 2pm, always a fun thing to do, have a bunch of errands to run between now and then. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out!

·
Administrator
1,932 Posts
Got to have a tooth pulled at 2pm, always a fun thing to do, have a bunch of errands to run between now and then. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out!
Sam
I happened to think about your infection, and I wanted to check with you.
My dentist since I have had hip and knee replacements makes me take an antibiotic an hour before the dental work. He says that any infection in your body goes direct to the joint replacements. If you don't take that you might want to check it out. Sure and heck would beat another round of the infection like before. Good luck with the tooth work.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Since i know a Dental Monitor, (Voldoc) and and a Real Dentist (Dr. D. Dr. Jean)
I am qualified to comment on the tooth work. Always get some penicillin from the Dentist before you get a tooth pulled. It is a must if you have a joint replacement, and any infection in a bad tooth will be in the joint in no time. Sam we don't want any more trouble.

Otis Kat is asleep on my lap and i have just pulled 3 small ticks off him and caught one going up my coat, so watch out folks if you are going to be OUT.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Good afternoon everyone.......up to about 50°now. The ******* Limo rolled out of the damnweldshop roughly 45 minutes ago headed south. Scot picked something up and dropped something off.......way to generous! He said something about ice cream at a McDonalds in Kentucky later.

Not much else going on besides some spool welding and making a couple last minute light brackets.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.