Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
35° under cloudy skies here in Upstate NY this morning. We are to get rain today with a high temperature of 46°. It is suppose to be in the 40's tomorrow.

Yesterday we went to church in the morning and in the afternoon I just took life easy. Yesterday was the last day of our gun season here but I didn't hear any shooting around here. Today I will be back on the road for at least half the day.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Good Morning

50 here in NC Ohio with rain, my deck is still dry for how long? Yesterday afternoon I just drove the RTZ around looking for things to take care of before freezing -- now I need a couple more days!! Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, 32 now and dropping fast. Snow and cold for the day. I need to get to the post office and the grocery store. Otherwise stay home.
Hoping everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
12,289 Posts
Mornin boys...
Upper 40s here high on RUGER MT this morning.
Woke up hearing rain drops so guess its raining.
They are giving us rain next 2 days and then its
may turn to the white stuff but warm back up by the weekend.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
morning all. 27 with high 30s for today.
After we got home from town yesterday I took a nap for a bit, sure felt good too.
Worked out in the workshop for a bit too, Gwyn put in more time than I did there. She's sewing Christmas presents for several people.
Boss man got four semis of calves sent to the sale barn yesterday, two more for today.
I have parts for the old Dodge pickup so I can work on it in my spare time.:rolleyes:
We had a visitor last night, when I went to let Hope (our boarder collie) out there was a skunk on the step. I think more came in the house than got on the dog. Not so bad this morning!!!
Better get, have a great day...even though it's Monday.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,732 Posts
good morning folks. It's 35º here with the same forecast as Kermit. Spotty rain here and steady rain on the way later. It's the 2nd week of deer camp and Mom is out looking for the turty-pointer alone this morning. I had to work. I expect a text or call that she got one. Deer are really moving on my way to work. She should see some...but can she get it done?

Worked around the house yesterday. Didn't do much, but kept busy. Brought firewood inside. Smoked some cheese. Sue made pepper jam. We smoked an eye of round for dinner and it was delicious with horseradish and my BBQ sauce.

Well, it's another Monday closer to retirement. Right Mike? Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's a tropical 55 outside with light rain. It's supposed to get to 60 or better today, before the cold front reaches us about mid-week.

Yesterday afternoon was real nice. Miss Cindy did a little yard work and I finished up a knife for one of my best buds. For the handle I used Micarta, which is basically paper or fabric layered with epoxy and cured under pressure. This guy is a UK fan, so I used two-color black and blue Micarta. I'll try to get some pictures taken and post one in the next few days. Next up is a big Texas-size Bowie for my son-in-law in the Houston area. I gave him some handle choices and he opted for some nice cherry. I got it glued up yesterday, so let the grinding begin.

Well, it's another Monday closer to retirement. Right Mike? Have a good one!

Charlie
Right you are, Charlie. I'll be downtown Mon-Wed, then work from home Thursday and Friday this week. Or at least that's the initial plan.

Y'all have a good Monday and be safe out there.

Carpman

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Great morning folks,

A surprising 44° with rains that will last all day and into the evening here near Halfway USA.

Glad all the outside chores got done yesterday. I did install a piggy back router to go with our modem. I suggest you take a look at doing so. The newer 5g (5th generation) routers clean up a lot of nuisances from 2g. Connectivity is much more stable for new devices. For $29 on Amazon, you can get a WaveLink router to make life much simpler.

I put a 2nd hand stock on the Ruger 10/22 take down I have had for a couple years. It came with an ugly bronze plastic stock set. Now it lives with a snake skin desert camo set & it much more handsome.

Today will be spent getting back at the reloading bench. More 40s&w to flair. The bullets I ordered from Powder Valley before the Florida trip arrived, sort of. I only received 100 of the 1000 I ordered. I sent an email Friday afternoon. I expect I will receive a reply today some time.

Despite the rain, I will need to get outside & clear the eave troughs just one more time.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 59º and cloudy here headed for 70. Rain is forecast to move in tonight and tomorrow and then a cool down.

Just got back from a couple of days at deer camp. Didn't kill anything but the Grandson got another one.

Not much planned for today. Probably unload the deer camp stuff after breakfast. I'll take the Wife to a Dr's appointment after lunch and we'll probably meet friends this afternoon for a few beers at our regular Monday night place.

Prayers for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Good morning old man Blog from the sticks of Kentucky where we have light rain just started and 52° warm.

This is my second time on the green page today, as I was up before old Faithful George Foster. Finally went back to bed and dozed awhile.

Skruske is speaking some computer language about something i should buy....WTF is it??? Does it feed Damcows?
They are on the hill looking down this way wondering where their hay is. Last evening Jackson worked on my Hay Unroller putting a 3/8 baffle plate behind the pinchers so hay won't wrap around the shaft.
Photo is him cutting it out with a Plasma cutter.

I will give it a try in a few minutes.
Judy Brown's mom is not doing the best and she spent 14 hours there yday. Brother is there today.
Going to be hard for her to come back.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Good morning everyone.....at the shop and it is nasty and rainy. I'm glad I made it out last night it will be a day or two now. Still waiting on some 3/4" steel plate to come in to beef up the stone box. I need to drive ovefr and look at another job here shortly as well.

Yesterday after chasing elusive coyotes around in the morning I went home and put the 6.5CM barrel back on the rifle it was supposed to be on and got it sighted back in and chrongraphed some 95g vmax I loaded up. Also did the same with my 20tac AR with the 40's. It was a little slower than expected so I might crank up a few to see how they do. As I was getting ready to leave I drove to the back of the property to see how much more ash was down and it was pretty bad. Trees down everywhere and still a lot standing dead. It was a little slippery and I was in a spot that was getting ready to get knarly so I put it in 4x4......not working...so now I'm slipping around trying to get the 4x4 to work and ended up stuck right where they feed the cows.....really mucky and full of shit and piss. I got a tow out luckily the farmer was back there putting out mineral buckets and had a chain. Not 100 ft after getting out the 4x4 kicked in and started working....damn electronic crap!

Sometime early this morning I had a calve muscle cramp and like to killed me and it is sore as hell now.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe!

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Monday

Good morning all. It's raining and 50 in Indy and not likely to change much for a while. I'll be just bumping around the house looking for stuff to move from in the way in one spot to in the way in another. Feeling a bit short on motivation right now but sitting still isn't in my best interest. Worst thing is getting up after sitting down for a while. Darned near decided to just stay at the pancake joint after sitting there solving world problems for 2 hours.

My older son is changing jobs shortly, depending on how his current boss takes it when he gets a 1 week notice today. He'll be giving them back the company truck he hit a deer with last week, as well. He's a construction management guy and got an offer he couldn't turn down from one of the biggest outfits in Indiana. They want him on the job next week.

Gonna' get after it, whatever it ends up being. Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Morning all, 56 headed to 61, looking rainy, supposed to rain all evening. Yesterday morning the preacher was fired up, preached on every politically incorrect thing I can think of. He quoted a saying about keeping politics out of the pulpit, and he finished by saying if it is biblically wrong, it doesn't matter what man says or thinks. Politically wrong does not enter into the matter. I like what he had to say. We need more preachers like him, that will calling wrong as wrong, that hell is still hot, the devil is real. We have seen a surge in attendance as of late. That was the high point of my day yesterday, did not do much around the house, cleaned a couple of guns, getting a ML ready to ship today. Got to get some meat out of the freezer for the next 3 days, will be having mule deer burgers tonight with some fried potatoes. Will be making some summer sausage next day or two, I have some buddys who are hinting for some,and making some jerky too.You all have a good one, pray for me that my head don't explode from too high blood pressure, watching the impeachement debacle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts