Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Monday Morning

881 views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  Bruce Eakins 
#1 ·
70° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high temperature will be up to about 90° they say. We have a chance for showers later today or tonight and tomorrow. Today is to be sunny and they have put out a heat advisory.

Well I thought I would just take life easy yesterday and not do anything at all but it didn't quite work out that way. My daughter called in the morning and asked if we could come in the afternoon so I could help my SIL put up a 10'x20' canopy. After we got that put up we had a little cookout so it was worth helping. Today I have some running to do this morning, I want to get some brackets to put up two shelves and splash boards in the new shed at the gun club. Other than that I don't have to much planned.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#2 ·
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 61 and clear. A nice 77 for the high. I took it easy yesterday, today is back to work and play. Rimfire shooting this morning, grocery run and what comes up.
We had 8 inches of rain Saturday night and I slept through it. It's been dry here so it all soaked in the ground.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#5 ·
Great morning folks,

61° with a clear sky and we will have a high in the upper 80's here in the wiles of Wyoming.

Sunday found us hiking the Flaming gorge. I believe the trail leads about 300' down to the river over about 1.5 miles. The loop back up is about two miles.

Everyone kept up with the 3yr old grandson just fine. About 300yds in he got to ride in the carry pack on daddy's back.

Utah folks seem to like floating the cold river below the dam.

The intense sun light raised the temperature to near 90° down in the gorge. Doug & family cooled their feet in the river. Deb & I stayed in the shade.

Speaking of Debra Dearest, she did find for most of the trip. Though she said the last 400yds back up "kicked my ass".

Today's adventure involves watching grandkids while mom & dad go do that job thing.

#6 ·
Good morning, GoGo. It's a warm 76 in Louisville, going to 91. Chance of thunderstorms all week, but the highs will only be in the mid-80s most of the week. That's gonna be nice.

Didn't do much yesterday except for giving the Red Cross a pint of blood. I had a real good hemotech and it went smooth as silk. They're testing for COVID antibodies now, so I should find out within a week whether I had the Wuhan Flu without even knowing it.

Charlie, check off another Monday for Mikey.

Congratulations to Greyfox for winning two classes in the UBR match run by Bluegrass Sportsman's League this weekend.

Y'all have a good day and be safe out there.

#7 · (Edited)
morning all. 57 and humid! Mid to upper 70s today with another good chance of rain. Was nice yesterday till about 5 pm, not sure yet just how much it rained but it was still coming down when we went to bed.
Sorted brass that came from a yard sale, people had picked it up from different places, some is ruff and dirty other is good. Was a bunch of 9mm that I threw in the scrap bucket! Not sure what country it came from, couldn't read the squiggles on the head stamp. But a third of that brand had split when it was shot!
Didn't do much else yesterday, not sure what I'll get into today either. But better get started.
Have a good one and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

Took a look at the rain gauge, we got .85 last night, quite a rain for this dry country!

#8 ·
good Monday morning to ya. Going to be another steamy one. It's already mid 70's headed to 97 later. This heat is unbearable. I went out to pull weeds yesterday morning while it was still "cool" and could only take it for about an hour. I came in and hosed off and sweated for another hour. After lunch I ran to Tractor Supply for spray. I sprayed the weeds in the paver sidewalks and in a few flower beds. I still have a couple overgrown beds that need the weeds pulled, but that crap can wait until the temp falls below 80. No flowers blooming anymore anyway. We didn't do much in the afternoon. Watched some TV and relaxed in the a/c. Sue smoked chicken thighs and pork sausage for dinner with grilled vegetables. Good stuff.

Doc appointment this afternoon to see how my blood work went. Probably awful after eating and drinking my face off at the beach the other week. Oh well. Gotta get busy. Work is calling. Have a good one.

Charlie

#9 ·
Up a bit earlier than the alarem, from within. That is about all the Shakespeare I remember. Did not accomplish much at all yday other than falling asleep sitting up on the couch in the afternoon. Just no zip.
It will be different shortly. Loading out a pick up & large trlr w melons. Neighbor said he needed a hand last night.
Need to start doing the Census trng modules. Itsa funny, I have turned to mostly ambivalent on Phase II. I'm thinking that the first go around was such a total and complete Cluster, I'm not even wanting to open that door of Govt ineptitude.
Too doggone hot for sure. Prob right near 80 already, med humidity. However, slight breeze is most welcomed. It's tolerable sitting here in the shade. No shade loadin in a few.
I did get tight w a haffa cantaloup and vanilla ice cream last night. Pretty good stuff!
Sold off some overage last week. Of course I have replacements in process this wk.
Im pondering cobbling up for self some sort of gizzie for a triway trimmer, cheaper than what is out there.
I looked at small motors on Amazon but they never gave shaft size. Not much help there at all.
About time to shove off.
SAY GeorgenKy, check your inbox. I have a question for you.
Tom out and about slinging melons.

#10 · (Edited)
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where the Protests and Riots are only on TV. This will go on till Election day, and if that goes wrong for them, it will be X10.

Heading out to find Hay Bailer parts in a few minutes. My boy Rick will be here with his Hammer. Actually he used the Hammer quite effectively destroying a couple of welded in bolts that were fine and didnt need to come out.

Skruske you got a beautiful place there to build you a cabin.
Judy Brown is scurrying around house cleaning cause one of her friends is visiting today. I will be at Otis's house. Rained about half inch again yday, and predicted again today. No hay cutting.
Carry on.....

#11 ·
Morning Gents! Its 75º and Sunny here headed for the low 90's with a small chance of afternoon showers.

My Son and his friends had a work day at his Duck Club yesterday and I ended up mowing for a half a day. When everybody quit I headed home. As I drove up to my driveway an old friend that I have not seen in a while called and wanted to come visit. We had a pleasant afternoon sitting around 6ft apart and wearing mask! We used to be pretty close with him and his Wife before Covid.

Todays plan is to finish mowing my Son's place. We'll see how that goes, lately our plans have not worked out so well. I think he is going to have a load of grave delivered while I have my tractor there.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'll have a good one.

#12 ·
Morning all. Have been to the store , put away the grub, weeded one bed and water is running. Now I just found a critter in a trap by a GH hole - it's a feisty **** that needs to go to a buzzard fest shorty. Scott thank you for posting the pics, that gives me a chance to see places that I would never make it too. Be safe and healthy. Prayers to all and country. Mike

#13 ·
Already steamy out here this morning. Went fishing at a small, local lake with my brother-in-law yesterday morning. Wasn’t a real good day but we managed to bring home a few Crappie and one Saugeye
Fish Fishing Bass Recreation Fisherman
. ( Sauger/Walleye hybrid). I’ve caught a few of them while fishing for bass or crappie. This one measured 20 inches and is the biggest one I’ve caught yet. Mighty fine eating.

Make it a good day.

#16 ·
Good morning everyone....nice and damn humid already this morning. I brought my sprayer in to hit some grass and weeds in the lot but spent more time keeping the damn thing unclogged. Same ol stuff going in here today.
Yesterday we got up and went out and cleaned up my little Ford Focus I used to drive back and forth to Indy. I don't think it had been washed or cleaned out since then. It has just been a spare for emergency use. It needs to go in for a good detailing and windshield replacement. After that my daughter wanted to learn to reload....so first thing I done was set a coffee can full of 9mm cases on the bench for her to deprime and size. She got those done and in the tumbler and started on a can full of .40s&w will I ran .45acp in another press. She made it half way through before retiring to the house. Later she came back out and I pulled out a bucket with about 2.5gals of .40 brass and said that was next. She didn't like that idea too much. I'll get her started on priming 9mm next.

Sometime yesterday I pissed my back off and i couldn't hardly move the rest of the day and it's still giving me fits today. It has been acting up for about a month off and on. Looks like a trip to the doctor will be in order.

HOpe everyone has a good day!

#17 ·
Morning all, 83 headed to 91, rain after 4pm ramps up. We are going to mow the wifes homeplace, takes over an hour with 2 mowers going wide open. Aunts funeral was yesterday, one daughter had a spat with her a few years back, and didnt come see her thru the suffering or while she was alive, or at visitation, showed up about 2 minutes before the funeral started, no one spoke to them. Cant understand some folks. JR you are correct, those idiots are going to push some good people to far before they realize what is happening here in KY, and there will be a bloodbath. Places like Louisville is the only place it will fly, I dont believe even Lexington will put up with such antics. Got to get going, you all have a good one, Buff out.

#18 ·
was skruske .. it's a small world. Took my son mountain lion hunting there in 1972. Have a friend who lives in Vernal, Utah who had lion dogs. We drove the loop from Vernal to Flaming Gorge down to corer of Colorado and back tp Vernal. Second day we had fresh snow and struck a track across road about 2 miles from Flaming Gorge dam. They kicked out the dogs and the chase was on The dogs treed him about 1/4 mile from dam and son took a nice tom with his bow. When we got back to pickup at the road I spotted a coyote about 50 yards back in the trees. I eased into the trees and found an opening and mouth squeaked him back out of the trees and dropped him. Was a great day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.