Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Monday Morning

1K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  FBecigneul 
#1 ·
67° here in Upstate NY this morning, the skies are clear, stars are out with a full moon. The high temperature for today will be up to about 81° with a chance of showers for later on tonight. Other than that it is to be a nice sunny day with mild winds.

Yesterday was a fairly peaceful day. We went to church in the morning and then took it easy the rest of the day. This morning I will be on the road all day and then in the afternoon I don't know what I will be doing right now.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#3 ·
66 here this morning and we may get a little rain this afternoon they say. Spent yesterday on a small lake in Henry County. Passed by one of Doug’s old haunts along the way. The fishing wasn’t all that great but we managed to bring home a few Crappie.
Glad to see JR is taking care of his 3-cylinder cattle hauler. Rick, I keep telling myself that I’m gonna come check out the new range while it’s still new. Skruske is MIA......starting to get concerned.
Back to the grind. Make it a good day.

Attachments

#14 ·
Skruske is MIA......starting to get concerned.
Back in the land of suitable signal again. We camped mostly off the grid down on Flaming Gorge along the Green River.

Interaction with the friendly locals was up close & personal.

Sunday we went with Doug & family to a 3D bow shoot. Cooper scored some solid hits for 6yr old.

It was HOT Friday where we saw 104° for a bit on Friday.

Hiking, biking & trail riding were really enjoyable.

The big fat truck needs a bath & oil change so I'm headed into town to get some of the handled this afternoon.

#4 ·
Good morning from NC Ohio, 64 going up. 5.25 inches of rain in 24 hours and not a puddle in sight! At least I don't need to turn on the drip lines, but Lawn mower time will increase. Don't have anything special planned for today, we'll see what happens. Be safe. Prayers to all and country. Mike

#5 · (Edited)
Good morning all. It’s 66 in Indy heading for 79 with a chance of golf and a chance of rain. 100% chance of a visit to the pancake joint. Spent yesterday morning watching the youngest granddaughter’s outdoor dance recital. She’s very good and I’m very proud of her but I’d rather be watching her play softball. Not my call. Might try to post a video later.

Today also happens to be our 29th anniversary. Those of you who know us know I hit the marriage lottery. We're celebrating by her going to work and me going to play golf. We don't make a big deal out of it.............but it's a big deal.

Have a good day.

#6 ·
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 54 and partially cloudy, high is just 70. Really cooling down this week. Great for open windows and no AC. Yesterday was busy, church, cleaning house, range time and back to church. I took the evening off.
Test fired 3 rifles, 2 need work.
Today is laundry and spend the afternoon shooting rimfire with the old folks.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#7 · (Edited)
Good morning folks. It's 68 here with clouds and looking like rain, but we won't expect any until later tonight, when the tropical system gets here. Looks like FL is spared, but the Carolinas are now in the X-hairs. Prayers for those in the way. We're expected to get a few inches of rain out of it. Glad for it, since the rain this week that hit MPC missed us mostly. Grass is starting to green up again, but I'm afraid some is just burned out too badly. Guess I'll be planting grass seed again this fall.

Didn't do much yesterday. Drove in to help mom unpack. Came home and sprayed weeds that are growing in the cracks of my driveway. I need to get it sealed before it breaks apart, but can't get anyone to return my calls??? Way too big to D-I-Y, but skruske could probably do it in a weekend. He's probably off the grid in the wiles of Wyoming. Glad they're enjoying retirement. Sigh...

Well I gotta get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

Happy Anniversary Doug and Julie! Our 14th is Wed. Time sure flies.

#8 ·
morning all. 45 with mid 80s later and still only a chance of moisture. It did rain yesterday... for about two minutes and then the wind came up and blew it all away!
Worked hard at doing nothing yesterday and almost got it done. Today will be a busy one though, balers to service, one sprinkler that I know of that needs help and probably others too.
Running late so better get, congrats to Doug and Julie.
Have a great day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#9 ·
Morning Gents! I got off on an early project this morning and I'm late checking in. Its 72º and Sunny here headed for the mid 80's. The cool down that they promised is actually here!

Yesterday was a lazy day. I messed around with some brass and was just generally lazy. Me and my buddy did go over to my Son's place and started a couple of wells.

Theres not much planned for today either. I'm sorting and tumbling brass and trying to get the floor of my loading room to where I can see it. We'll probably go check on the water at my Son's place after while. We don't like to leave a well running for much more than a day without checking on things.

Congratulations to Doug and Julie. Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Deans sprinklers remind me of when I did the electrical work for one of the fish farms. Trying to keep 300+ worn out paddle wheels running and you had something broke everyday. Belts, gear boxes, even sometimes the frame. And they were out in the water, maybe 50 feet.

Prayers offered for Denice, for both Shane and Deans backs and any others in need.

You'll have a good one.

#10 ·
Good morning everyone.....little cloudy right now but not too hot. Didn't do a damn thing yesterday except sit around the house. I didn't even go to the garage. Saturday I came into the shop and welded a couple 4.3 chevy boat manifolds that didn't get drained before they froze up and busted.....engine block done the same thing but no welding it up. Must be a thing with boat owners with inboard 4.3 v6's not winterizing. The kid that bought the boat is had me call the wife's uncle to find him a block....when I said it would be a week before it would get pulled he said his buddy works at a marina and could get him a deep discount on a replacement. Well it must not have been that deep when he got the price as he wants to wait on a block now.....lol.

Someone dropped off a truck bed fuel tank that they cut apart and tacked back together so I could weld it so it don't leak. Lots of gaps to fill and just looks like shit. Oh they need it before friday as well....and they wonder why welders are grumpy! Tank still has a ton of rust inside it as well...looks like a lot of filters will get used.

Hope everyone has agood day!

#11 ·
Good Morning to all you members of the old green board from up here in the Red River Valley. The weather is beautiful with 62 degrees and a light breeze out of the NW, and headed for a high of 77. Great sleeping weather. Had the bedroom windows open and I slept through the alarm clock. It reall was a comfy night.

We Scaled back on the amount of acres we were renting last year. My Son took a couple contracts for edible beans.
We started harvest last week on 400 acres of yellow peas. And we finished up Saturday after noon, the yield was good and ommoity price was also good. More profit than soy beans. In about a week we will start on the chick peas. The season is here and it’s going to be very busy here for a while.

It’s time to get going and eat some breakfast . Congrats to Doug and Julie., I hope that this finds all of you out of the rain from that hurricane. Everyone stay safe and healthy. Gods Blessings to all of you.

#12 ·
Morning all, 76 headed to 86 today, Yesterday sure was nice, with it hitting 80 for just an hour or so. Going to try to do some bushogging today, and work on some fence this evening or tomorrow. Don't know if I am up to the two of them in one day. Arthritis is really hurting the wife and I both, with this high pressure front stalled over us. Church was really good yesterday, our preacher doesn't believe in being politically correct. One topic he touched on, was friends being divided by politics. He stated that he had not lost any friends because of politics but of morality issues, great point. I need to get going, you all have a good one, prayers for those that need them.

#13 ·
Monday, yuck! Goodmorning, GoGo. It's a pleasant 82 degrees here in Louisvlle, going to 83.

My plans to go down to Tennessee on Saturday and shoot Rick's UBR match got scuttled. Around dinnertime Friday night I was hit with a bout of vertigo and extreme nausea like I haven't felt since college. Went to a doc in the box Saturday and they gave me a shot of phenergan for the nausea. Also gave me a scrip for tablet form of the phenergan as well as another drug for vertigo. Today, the vertigo is about a 4-5, down from a solid 10 Friday night and most of Saturday. This vertigo stuff is for the birds, I'll tell ya that.

I did feel good enough last night to stuff 40 pieces of .38 Special brass with some 158gr lead hollowpoint bullets. I've got a lot more 9mm, .38 Special, and .45 ACP brass to get loaded up before November.

I donated blood a week ago Sunday. Went online earlier today and there was a note in my account saying my blood tested negative for COVID antibodies.

Y'all have a good rest of the day and be safe out there.

#15 ·
Congrats to Doug and Julie. I don’t even know the bride but I already know you are the winner, Doug. I spent the morning on the road and ne’er more than 20 miles from home. I took a package to Yale headed to NC and then 32 miles from there to Port Huron to pick up a Western Union from Australia and then to the bank in Fort Gratiot and then home. I’m not done yet. I wrapped a package going to Australia and took it to Jeddo and then home again. I was in and out of rain all the time. At one point, only four mile from home I ran into a real gully washer. And now the rest of the story. We live on a gravel road and the gravel was bone or stone dry. Jan said “What rain?” It never rained at home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.