Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
59° here in Upstate NY this cloudy foggy morning, the high temperature for today will only get up to about 65°. We have a 30% chance of showers for today which we really need. This week is going to be a cool one all week by the looks.

Yesterday was a take easy day for me, I was planning on what I have to do for the next couple of weeks before bird season opens. I don't have to much planned for today, I have to go tomorrow and have cyst taken off my face. I did talk with my Son and Grandson about the new computer my Grandson wants me to build for him. That project will be starting soon.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Mornin George and the gang...
Phone says its 67 and May not 80 today.
Kinda foggy here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Woke up about 4:30 this morning with a door at 1 of the schools
on my mind. Spring broke inside the mortis box last week and I ain't
had time to fix it yet. Don't know why I thought about it but I've got
to get it done as its the little girls bathroom and they might not be able to
open it. Done had teachers get locked in. Took the knob off and didn't have the parts to repair it. I'll come up with something. We got rain yesterday but only a
little. Ain't sure what they giving for today.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio. 57 with the promise of a sunny cool day. Higher hopes of more getting done today, but that depends on who's hoping!!! This is the season I enjoy the most cool temps, apples, pumpkins, corn shocks, I could go onbut thats enough. Be safe and healthy. JR stay out of the creeks! Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 55 and clear, high is 77. A nice sunny day. Another day like this and the mud at the range should be dry.
Domestic chores today, house and RV cleaning.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
959 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 70º and clear here headed for the mid 80's with lower humidity.

I spent the weekend at the deer camp mowing a few roads and discing up food plots. I have a new stand location and disc up about 2 acres and planted some oats. It was a former staging area where they loaded logs the last time they thinned the timber. Talk about rough, I'm sore from the rough ride . I've used these type places before and they make nice food plots once you get them worked up but it takes a few years to get all of the bark worked in.

It looks like me and my buddy have a road trip today. We'll head out shortly to someplace in Missouri to pick up a couple of grain bin fans. It looks like about 900 miles round trip. It will be nice to see some new country but it will also be a long day on the road.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Good morning, up way to early. I had trouble sleeping. This idiot decided ice cream was a good idea at 9 PM. The smoke still has not cleared. I shut down the air handlers at work last week and there was still a haze inside. They sent us home early last week. We’ll see what happens this morning. Church was called off and some businesses are closed. I guess it is back up on the roof to seal the outside air ducts even though they are off. It would be fun to compare notes with Donnie sometime. It sounds like we have the same jobs.
The rain forecast moves out to Thursday now I see.
Have great day gang.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 64 here and cloudy. I don't think it's supposed to rain, but we could use some. Things are looking better now than a few weeks ago after we got some rain. But summer's almost over. You can see the leaves changing. Days are getting shorter. I need to get the bow out and start practicing. MD archery season is in, but I'm not anywhere near ready. I did load some ammo yesterday afternoon. Enough to get a new scope sighted in on my coyote rifle and hunt with. I plan on taking that and the new muzzleloader to the range after work today...hopefully.

Yesterday I swapped out ceiling fans...again. The El cheapo ones we got from Lowes still had a hum. The new Hunter fans are whisper quiet, and based on reputation alone, should outlast the Lowes fans by far. Hopefully that's the last time I have to mess with them. The last fans were 29 years old.

Well, I guess I should get busy. Have a zoom meeting here in a bit. We hired an intern and I will be training him remotely. Oh joy! Hope I got this dam webcam setup right! Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Cloud cover with 53° with partly sunny in a bit and sunny later here near HalfwayUSA. High is only 66° for today.

I sharpened up the chainsaws & made them ready for the next round of fun & games. Debra Dearest pretty blue truck got a detail cleaning while she prepared a turkey for the oven. Her family was over later in the day for dinner.

Errands to run today. Firewood to retrieve later today.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Monday, yuck! But God saw fit to let me wake up, all my parts appear to be working, and I have a loving wife, so life is good. It's 63 in Louisville, only going to 80, and the humidity is down some.

Yesterday was recovery day after the two-day UBR Nationals, but it was also Miss Cindy's birthday. In recognition of both of those things, I didn't do squat, didn't even unload the car. Just one of many joys that come with working from home. Miss Cindy's favorite steak is a T-bone and she had a gift card, so I drove over and picked her up a T-bone and some asparagus for her birthday dinner, which she shared.

Y'all have a good day and be safe out there.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
morning all. 40 here in south-central Colorado. Mid to high 70s for the next several days.
Should be baling today, another circle of alfalfa got cut yesterday.
Took off and went to visit some folks across the valley, was nice just to sit and talk to them. Also got time to shoot my new rifle. The 250 Savage that I got in June. Now I need to work up some loads for it. Shot nice, but very old factory ammo just not going to cut it.
Better go, breakfast is waiting. Have a happy day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Good morning from Indy. Cool morning here. Gonna’ be a great day for pasture pool. Hope they mowed the spots I usually land in. Those little balls are hard to find in the weeds and woods. Shooting? Seems I remember doing that but it’s been a while. Need to reverse that trend soon.
Off to the golf yard. Have a good day.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Good morning from Indy. Cool morning here. Gonna’ be a great day for pasture pool. Hope they mowed the spots I usually land in. Those little balls are hard to find in the weeds and woods. Shooting? Seems I remember doing that but it’s been a while. Need to reverse that trend soon.
Off to the golf yard. Have a good day.

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Good morning GGVG
Its a soggy mess...much flooding in my area....im on a hill so no worries there but roof started leaking..
In the words of the wise rosanne rosanna danna..if it's not one thing its usually something else...
Uall have a great day.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Good morning Doug and Good Morning Doug again. We old folks have trouble with that stuff.
Well, we have a visitor this morning. Little Demon Grandaughter is here for a couple days while Momma tries to catch up on college work.
I don't know what we will do to her today, but she has been very good so far. No screaming fits yet, but shes 2.

We received a total of 3.2 inches rain the past 24 hours and it will renew my hayfields that I just cut. But it's time for grass to slow down growth.
Yesterday AM I had a big coon to dispose of. It was very nice and didnt try to bite me, and didn't rip the cage apart, so I took him and released him. At McD Mt.Vernon, Ky...but he wouldn't get out of the truck bed. After we ate our usual burgers, I got out and Poured him out. He ran into the wooded area.
I released a Possum once at McD Somerset, and as he finally jumped out, some lady yelled "Look at that Rat!"

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Morning all, 72 headed to 81, cooler weather is on tap for the whole week, with hi of 69 for Saturday predicted. Got a lot of Rain last 2 days. Got a buddy coming down in a few, trying to trade him out of a minty 722Rem, in .222. May have to pay out the nose, but hope not.Dean I think I got some 250 Savage brass in a bundle of stuff I bought this past week, if so I will send them to you, new, never fired. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You are too much JR. Possum repatriation at Mickey D's.
Returned from IL yday. Boy, izzit good to be home.
Pancakes n eggs soon to hit the table.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Ohhhh, Possum Parmesan Wraps...w their Special Sauce no doubt.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts