Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big Monday morning to everyone!! 50 here in NC Ohio under slight fog going to the70's. Washer and dryer was moved yesterday and no one injurered in process. HBD to Ken and Charlie better late than never. I need to start ordering some reloading supplies, if and when, but what company is this members ordering with today? I used to buy from Midway earlier in this century. Be safe and Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Administrator
3,031 Posts
50° here in Upstate NY this morning and it is raining. The high temperature is to only get up to about 53° with rain today. We need the rain so I am not going to complain.

Yesterday was a quiet day and today will be also. Probably Rusty and I won't get out hunting till Wednesday of this week, I got work going on tomorrow and I think his leg can still use a little rest.

I like Grafs, Powder Valley and I do buy from Midway sometimes for my reloading supplies.

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to Charlie and Ken, I hope both of you had a Wonderful Day for your Birthday!!

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Good first Saturday of a new week. I was slow out of the gate but I’ve got a full head of steam now. It’s 62 in Indy heading for the mid 70s with a chance of light rain. There’s a good chance of a golf-like activity looming shortly. It’ll be a quickie at the pancake joint this morning. Gotta’ go, have a good day.

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Mornin boys...
Mid 60s here high on RUGER MT this morning.
Think the rain is past us for now.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Great morning folks,

With Fall colors at their peak, we have 46° with overcast here near HalfwayUSA.

Harvest is well underway. Soy beans by the multiple square miles are being truck to the elevators. Neighbor's behind, on the organic farm combined on Friday, disced/plowed on Saturday and planted winter wheat on Sunday.

The truck & camper are ready to roll west this morning. Only thing left to do is coax Debra Dearest & the foo foo dog out of a warm bed and into a passenger seat.

what company is this members ordering with today?

I buy most of my stuff from Powder Valley & Rocky Mountain Reloading.

Powder Valley - Shop Reloading Supplies and Ammunition

Bullet Reloading Supplies | Rocky Mountain Reloading

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 53 and raining, supposed to clear off and hit 63. Yesterday was a good day. Today is shooting and hassles with the auto license office. Seems the RV Vin on the title doesn't match the actual number. Should be fun.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Administrator
11,775 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 55 and raining here. It started about 3pm yesterday and looks like we'll have at least a few more hours of it. Not real hard, just nice and steady. My fish pond is full, and it was down about 2-3 inches yesterday. We sure did need the rain. I'm not complaining. My grass seed should get a good start, and the Crossbow I sprayed Friday is taking care of clover and weeds. A little lime and fertilizer and the yard should look nice next spring. Unless the moles or skunks get in it. The rest of my yard, outside the fence, looks like hell. I need a Jack Russel terrier to go after these dang moles. Tried poison and traps, nothing seems to work that well. And yes, I did use grub-X on the yard. Not sure what they're after.

Yesterday was a good, but tiring birthday. I did see a 6 deer from stand, had a pair of fawns bed within 10 yards and the rest within 40. I had to spook them to get out at 10AM. Then I met my dad's buddy and I drug his ladder stand about a 1/2 mile back into the woods and set it up for him. He's 73 with heart problems and won't hunt alone. I've been helping out, so he gets to go. Then we put up a stand for Lillie. We are ready for youth and old people season next week. 😁 My daughter, son in law and Lillie came up for dinner, along with my mom. Sue made a brisket, which was pretty good, and Lillie had us all cracking up. She's a little fire cracker.

Well, I'm running late today. Go figure. Better get busy. Have a good one.

Charlie

PS - Safe travels Kruske's.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
65° headed to 75 they say with 60% chance of rain. They were predicting rain all day yesterday but we only received a small drizzle in the morning. Spent yesterday morning at the reloading bench and most of the afternoon visiting with my sons and the grandkids. Good day for sure.
Mike, I shop around everywhere and occasionally buh from midway or midsouth. A friend at work has family near St Louis and when he visits, he will ask if I need anything from Graf & Sons. I’m pretty well stocked up so I don’t buy much. A club member who shoots a lot of steel turned me on to Rocky Mountain Reloading a few years ago and that is about the only place I buy 9mm bullets now. Last time I bought any, it was $250 for 3,000 124gr fmj.

Safe travels to those on the road today. Make it a good day.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Morning all 66 headed to 76 today, rain continued. Did not due much except piddle in the shop after church. A buddy came down and borrowed a ML, he is going to see if he likes it, maybe trade his old one of and buy one like it. Supposed to have 2 carpenters here but they have not shown up as of yet. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayer, Buff out.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
morning all. A cool 25 here today with high 60s later, just hope the wind doesn't blow like yesterday, was a dirty, dusty, nasty day.
After church I went out to the workshop and got busy on reloading and working up some odds and ends of brass. Was nice to have some time to spend there.
Back to work on putting tractors away for the winter today, need to clean off the balers and get them parked first though.
Running late, Gwyns gone, so no one here to drag me out of bed! Better get the cats fed and make my rounds around the farm.
Have a great day, stay safe and healthy.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
69º with clouds in the hollow, will probably make 80º later today. Fall color is coming on but far from peak. Color in Michigan last week was as good as most anywhere I've ever been. Dropped my wife off at the hospital this morning @ 7:15 for a throat exam. She has Barrett's Esophagus and has to keep an eye on it as it is precancerous. We don't really expect a negative diagnosis, but you can never tell. I suppose as one gets older doctor visits are a reality. I visited one week before last to check on a number of small problems and was pleasantly surprised that he was able to help with all of them. Haven't gotten the blood work back, so we'll see about that. Today will be a mixed day. I will pick my wife up in an hour or so, then do some route followed by a trip across town to a freight dock to pick up some much needed supplies. Have a safe, fun trip Sctt & Deb

Mike: I get most of my reloading/shooting supplies from Midsouth. The reason being, their prices and stock are good and drive by their place once every two weeks and pick it up saving shipping costs.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 68º here, cloudy and foggy, headed for 80. The Southern part of the State got 4 to 6 inches of rain so I expect the bottoms at Deer Camp are flooded, just in time for ML season!

Yesterday ended up being a family day. We went to a special morning church service to see the oldest Grandson's conformation ceremony. Then back to their house for brunch. We dined outdoors and practiced social distancing. Then back home for a nap! My running buddies MIL passed away yesterday from C-19 combined with other problems. She was in her 80's.

Not sure what today's plan is yet. I'm sure my running buddy will be tied up with his Wife's family. Both Duck Clubs need mowing but I have a personal rule that I don't mow levees alone so they will have to wait. There is always something to do in the loading room.

Charlie, its good of you to assist your Dad's older friend so that he can hunt.

I buy most of my reloading components and gear from Midway, Powder Valley and Sinclair.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Morning is long gone and I'm just now getting a good chance to check in. Installed some handrail today and picked up a leaky fuel tank from the dairy to fix and also made some sheet metal patches for a grain dryer that I need to install tomorrow.

Little bit got don't in the garage but not a lot. Darn leaf raking will need to start soon too.
Hope everyone had a good day!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I'm with Charlie. Haven't raked leaves since I got a JD rider, which is a also a mulcher. Can't use the Gator blades, but it has counter-rotating blades which are a high lift JD blade also. I've mulched 4 times so far, but finally all the ash leaves are down today with the little bit of rain today. Maybe I will finish those off tomorrow. Then there are the maples in the back yard.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I try not to rake at all....the the areas I can get in with my zero turn. I get a bunch that blow into my carport and back porch real bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts