Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
24° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies. It will gradually clear off this morning and become partly sunny today with a high temperature of about 31°. There will be a mild breeze most of the day.

Yesterday was a leisurely day, I spent most of the day loafing and planning for this new year activities. I am looking forward to doing as much fishing as possible and I hope to do more shooting also. We have no major projects for the gun club this year.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio where its 28 going to 36 under partly sunny skies. I have a large pile of brush and scrap to burn today even includes boards from the 04 demolition of the old barn. Also need to tear down the GM grill and give it a good cleaning. Be safe and healthy Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 27 and getting to 34 with cloudy sky. Yesterday I finished loading all the 6.5 brass. I need to load some 308 with cast boolits next. Put another coat of finish on the stocks and took a great nap.
Lots of domestic chores this morning then shooting in the afternoon.
Back at it Monday, hopefully everyone has a good day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Good mornin friends from the Mountain State, it's 28* here, cloudy and into the upper 30's today. It sure was nice yesterday, sunshine and temps of 48*. Got Glade duty today sure hope things are quiet, been busy with all the skiers at the resort. Been waiting on my Leupold scope to come in, it shipped Thursday the 31th, I'm planning on putting it on the Hornet. That's about it, need to feed the critters, have a good and safe day.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
morning all. Big fat 0 here this morning, will drop to -5 or so before sunup. Should see 25 for a high today, but warming up toward the weekend.
Took it easy yesterday, did a few honey dews in the morning after church then went out to the hobby shed for the most of the afternoon. More brass got cleaned and sorted, also worked on the rifle stock. Has got to be the toughest finish I've ever seen on anything. But it is slowly getting removed, even oven cleaner didn't cut it off!!! I should have some rifle parts coming in today for a different project.
Not sure what will go on yet today, probably work on my service truck unless the boss man has something else to fix.
Have a great day and be safe and healthy. Prayers for those that aren't and our country!!!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Good morning everyone...at the house this morning waiting on the tire store to open so I can put tires on the wife's car before we head out to Nevada in the morning. Bought new tires for the Blazer I gave my son to drive out there. Had a bunch of good coyote hunts using that thing. I put the original steel wheels back on it.

Hopefully it lasts a while...it was flawless to SD and back.
Few more things to do today so I doubt I even go to the shop.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Administrator
12,052 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 30 here, going to 40's later. Supposed to be a nice week. Guess I won't have snow for the last week of muzzle loader season.:( Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous. I was able to enjoy about 5 minutes of it, as I took out the trash! LOL Yesterday was a bit busy. Got bambi all butchered and delivered to the neighbors, cleaned up the kitchen and put everything away. After that I pulled the lever on the rock chucker for a few hours. Next thing I knew Sue was calling for supper. I got about 300 LC cases sized and de-primed. Had some trouble with a few cases. They had crimped primers and had a red sealer??? around the primer. I actually pushed the depriming pin THRU the one primer and it didn't come out. Most others popped out without incident. Need to borrow a swager and hit the primer pockets, trim and debur, then I'll be ready to load. I have another 200 or so to size and de-prime first.

Running late today. Better get busy. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Twenty eight right now and going to a whopping 32 today if the prognosticator are right. We’ll see. Everything is cleaned up from our little back of the house shoot Saturday. The .220Russian shot well but I don’t use it much so yesterday I switched that barrel out for a .30BR barrel. And the .30BR barrel is long in the tooth so I’ll have Paul chamber and thread one of my new .30cal Bartleins before the coming 2021 season. It’s a 17 twist so should do well with the 118 BIBs at 100-200 yards. We bribed him yesterday with a beef prime rib dinner. Works every time.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Monday, yuck! Good morning, GoGo. It's 28 in Louisville, going to 36 and mostly sunny.

Worked a little yesterday on my slicer repair project, but no major breakthrough. I did find a company in Florida that can make a duplicate of a damaged gear if you send it to them, but I have a feeling it would be pricey. I sent them an e-mail with some photos, so we'll see.

We did get our Christmas decorations put back into the attic yesterday, then I helped Cindy string some decorative outdoor Edison bulbs on the front porch. Bought a dimmer with the lights, and I think the Queen is happy with the setup.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there. Prayers for those in need and for our nation.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Well, I'm here so I might as well check in. Weather is about the same as everyone else cept Dean.

There is a major Furor in the state over the UK Wildcats basketball team kneeling for the national anthem a couple days ago. A lot of folks are Burning their Blue UK gear on Fbook and even on the news reports.
I don't have any to burn.

Today is another mild winter day and the only thing I have planned is a trip to the Tractor dealer to let mine and Skruske's boy Rick check out the MF Tractor. Dean, I rather have you, but it's a long way to pick you up.

That Coyote that got away from me yesterday was asleep in the neighbors field and jumped up when he heard me drive up. At least I got to Fire a Few rounds for Function of my AR 15.

Yall be safe today and watch out for Sleeping Coyotes.

·
Registered
12,711 Posts
Good morning GGVG.....its damn cold...not doing anything today
Uall have a great one 😊

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 30º and cloudy here headed for the upper 30's.

Yesterday was a lazy day here. I tumbled 2 loads of brass and kept the fire going for the Wife and Kitty. I wish I knew how to post pictures. I took on of the both of them asleep in Her chair.

I'm not sure what the day holds yet. We have a load of boxes that I need to take down town to the recycle dumpster but its been full. One day this week the Wife and I need to go shopping for another side by side. If nothing else I need to sort that brass that I've been tumbling, pull out what I'm going to load and store the rest of it away.

Prayers offered for those fighting the Covid, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Well, it was.snowing a little as I left the house this morning and
Now we ha e about a inch. I left the school I was working at because its backroads and had done got white and
the van aint 4wheeldrive. Made it back to the shop and got the jeep...

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Late morning check in you all, 31 headed to 39 today. Got to box up some stuff and take to the PO to mail out today. Need to put out hay today as well. Need to put some fuel in the tractor and 4 wheeler as well, and get the trailer hooked up to the truck today to haul my 4 wheeler I plan on going rabbit hunting tomorrow. That is about all I will get accomplished today, as I dont do well in the cold. You all have a good day, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
It's been a productive day so far. Just finished breakfast at Lincoln Square when I got a text from a nephew telling me Cabelas/BassPro in Noblesville was showing primers available in store on their website. Tried to call them but they weren't answering the phone so off we went. Of course, they had no primers and looked at me like I was crazy when I asked about them. They advised I should never believe their website. Seems like I've heard that before. I wasn't too upset because we'd arranged to meet up with 219DW farther north. We finalized the meeting plans and headed up to Wilson's Farm Market north of Indy. He had some primers he didn't need which happened to be primers I did need. A steal of a deal, I don't mind saying. Julie and I did a little shopping and now I have to go back regularly. It's about an hour from here and worth every minute. Don't think there will always be a good guy there with a great deal on primers but we'll definitely be going back.

Pleasure meeting you Dave. Hope we get a chance to solve some world problems........perhaps at the Forum Reunion in May if not before.

Guess I didn't mention it's 27 here and not going to get much better until tomorrow.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pleasure meeting Doug and Julie, glad I could help out with the primers. You got to keep her 9mm's loaded so she can shoot. We will have to get together again when we don't have to stand outside in a cold parking lot to swap stories.
Dave

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Hey, Dave and Doug. Wilson's Farm Market is good, but the real prize is close by. Lisa's Pie Shop, which is about 4 miles straight North of Wilson's. Really great pies other stuff. Doug, they make cinnamon rolls that rival them from The Machine Shed. Try it out. And Dave, they usually have Coconut Cream and Lemon Meringue in addition to most all the varieties of fruit pies.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
33º with occasional light snow & clouds in the hollow. I've made my biweekly trip to Bowling Green and will now spend this afternoon packing and shipping. Seriously disgusted with the political situation and have no real idea what to do about it. For sure things will get much worse before they improve, if ever.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Rick, about all I can say is I'm glad I didn't make the trip to DC, because the only thing that would keep me outta there would be the fact that I don't think I could walk that far.
Some folks are in serious trouble mainly because they didn't conceal their identity like the Professional Rioters like BLM and ANTIFA.
That place is full of Cameras and maybe you don't need to post up your photo on Fbook. Ya think?

Reactions: Greyfox
1 - 20 of 21 Posts