Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature is going up to about 28°. We are to get some snow today they say but it won't be bad a possible 1". Tonight we will get snow/sleet, and freezing rain, accumulation of snow and sleet is about 4".

Yesterday I spent the day here at home alternating between watching some movies with my wife, being with Rusty and by myself. As of late I have had a lot of things on my mind and I did some thinking about different things and talked to a good friend. Today unfortunately I have to spend sometime on the road but I don't think the weather will be bad enough to worry about. I rather be with Rusty all day as he has brought a lot of joy into my life.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

A picture of Riley last October when we were out hunting.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 16 going to 20 with North wind no snow yet but "we gonna get it." Made a grub run and RK stop, wish I took a picture of the gun counter clerk when I asked if they had any CB caps? He asked what I wanted them for, my starling education plan He understood. The grocery had very little meat, eggs and milk. I didn't need any of that but got the rest I needed. No snow shovels to be found and all I can say is "Well done weather guessers." Be safe and healthy Prayers to all the ill and ones in the path of this storm and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 18 below and dropping, projected low is 24, high is 9 below.
George, you need sunny days and warmer weather.
I got the truck started yesterday and made it to church. Went out to dinner afterwards, it was great, best meal I have had in a long time.
Last Monday shooting was canceled, today we need to tough it out as the target's need to be sent in Thursday.
I hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Good mornin from the hills of WV, it's 32* and right now is calm. JR your going to have farm duty today I'm headed for Glade again, take care of those damcows and cats. The weather guessers are all over the place on what were getting here so I won't even go there, Got to feed my critters and birds and get ready for work. Have a good and safe one today,

·
Registered
12,852 Posts
Mornin boys...
Mid 20s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Kinda mist'in rain and they say we may get ice...
Who knows, it'll be what is is and we'll deal with it.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Great morning folks,

Overcast, a bit more snow on top of the 4" of powder that came over the past 24 hours here near HalfwayUSA. 7° isn't a bad start & is a bit higher than was predicted.

Shopping was accomplished yesterday. Debra Dearest found herself some bargains. A stop by Cabelas was, uh, interesting. Mostly for the lack of anything. One example, there were 3 boxes of centerfire ammo, all 50AE.

Today's task list, similar to the other winter days. Firewood moving, snow moving & stove cleaning.

·
Administrator
1,787 Posts
-6 and cloudy on the way up to a really high +5 today in the northern Ozarks. Not a lot of stuff happening today, supposed to have a direct tv guy come by to swap out some equipment and the a fellow from a solar energy company to talk about installing a bank of panels behind my house. Will see where that goes. Have a friend that has the panels and he is really impressed with them, we'll see.
Not much else to say other then prayers for those in need and this country. God bless!

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
morning all. 0 this morning, with possible high in the mid 20s. No wind to speak of...yet.
Wind blew and the snow flew and you couldn't see for several hours yesterday, but along in the afternoon it stopped!!! Really weird! Then last evening we got about a inch of snow, straight down. It will get moved around today I'm sure. Possible snow Tues and Wed.
After church and lunch and a short nap, we worked in the hobby shed. Got the last coat of oil finish on the Remmy stock and cleaned up my end of the building. Then started re-doing my cartridge collection. Have a lot of different ones to add, thanks to Lightman!!!
Not sure what will go on today, but I'll bet we'll be moving cows around, heifers need in the corrals for calving, older cows need moved to the calving grounds.
Prayers for those in need and our country. Have a good day and stay warm and safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we have 25° and a breeze.
Big Snowapocalapse predicted resulted in NO SNOW here but sleet last night has produced icey roads. I
Dang Joez is not able to make it again for Farm Duty and Dean is covered up so I got it alone. Heres all you missed

JB made it home safe before any ice landed.
Today we were scheduled for the Chinese Virus vaccine but it is Cancelled.
Its gonna be slick outside and I have to be extra careful about falling today.
Carry on.....I can't carry much anymore....but still moving.

·
Administrator
12,147 Posts
Good morning folks. Check another Monday off Carpman. Luckily, Sue has off today. Unluckily, I don't. It's 32 here. They were calling for drizzle/ice but all clear. Tonight they are calling for up to a 1/4" of ice across the area. Tomorrow morning may be interesting. I don't really care. Not going anywhere anyway. We got the doors to the daughter's and installed yesterday and everybody's happy. I got a piece of dirt in my eye cleaning up the basement yesterday morning and fought that damn thing all day. Never did get it out, that I know of, but luckily today it seems like it's gone.

Dang deer have been emptying the bird feeder every night. Had seven out front this morning, 10 yesterday. I guess I'll need to raise it, or stop feeding the birds. I have a feeder out for the deer, this one doe seems to like bird seed better.

Well I need to get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Monday, double-yuck! Good morning, GoGo. It's 19 in Louisville, going to 23. We got an inch of snow overnight and now it's the lull before The Big One starts around 1. Calling for 6-8" with part of that being sleet. Second round due Wednesday into Thursday.

Didn't do much yesterday, but we did fix a nice Valentine dinner with charcoal-grilled strip steaks, baked potatoes, rolls, and asparagus. I have two pork loins that have been curing in the fridge to make Canadian bacon. Since we have snow and cold predicted through about Friday, I probably ought to get my butt up and put those loins in the smoker this morning.

Charlie, please check off another Monday for Mikey. Today would be a stay-at-home snow day under the old work pattern, but the weather really makes no difference to work-from-home folks like me, so long as the power is on.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there. Prayers up for our buds who need 'em and for our nation.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
23º with "wintry mix" in the hollow. The temp appears to be the high for the day and the forecast snow is arriving later than expected, sometime this afternoon. We have close to a 1/4" of ice, hasn't been a single vehicle on our road this morning since we got up. Tarcila took the dogs out and said there was one set of tracks on te road. I have no plans to get out at all, probably won't get off the couch for another hour and then I'll refill the bird feeders.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Its 14 in Western Ky, w/just a trickle of snow falling. I can still see the tops of the grass, so last nights prediction missed. Calling for up to 9 by tomorrow morning, maybe that will miss also. My big agenda today is to put some more bird seed out.
It doesn't last long. The starlings trash the feeders quickly. I'd like to feel some of that global warming. Anyone have any GOOD news about Bruce.?? LDS

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Morning all, 25 headed to 32 today. No precipitation as JR said, just a little ice. Wife is feeding the cows some feed, and I am going to try to venture out to the shop today, maybe. Dont have anything pressing to do, just getting stir crazy, wanting to powdercoat some bullets and load them up, 7.62x54R, see how the cast bullets shoot in a couple of rifles. Dean PM headed your way. You al have a good day, be safe and take care of yourselves, Prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 10º here with the Sun out and snow on the ground. It will only warm up a few degrees and we have a few inches of snow.

Yesterday was mostly keeping a fire going and keeping the bird feeders full. They are really going thru the seed. They don't hardly even leave the feeders when we go out!

Todays plan is a repeat of yesterday. Fire wood and bird seed!

Prayers offered for those fighting the Chinese Virus, our Country and others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
Good afternoon all. We're up to 16 in Indy with what may be the 2nd round of snow starting. Got enough over night that I broke out the motorized man-toy (AKA snow blower) after breakfast. Doug don't do shovels! I have some .380 cases mixed in with a batch of .223 brass in the tumbler. Both presses are set up for the mouse-gun ammo so I'll run it all now. Sizing and decapping on one, loading on the other. Some for the niece, some for a friend. Once I get those loaded, the rest of my small pistol primers will get stuck into 9mm cases on the off chance Julie might want to shoot a few. She probably will............if a pig's ass is pork!

Talked to my DIL who is a cardiac nurse about our friend Jim. Based upon what we know, which is all pretty much 3rd hand info, she thinks he's in dire straits. 🙏

Nice herd you've got going there Charlie. Keep those birds off the deer feeder.

Not much else going on today. Have a good rest of the day.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Afternoon everyone...16° here at the shop and Snowmageddon has started. It's been snowing for a while now and 15mph winds. Supposed to get 25mph and I do believe they are saying 10-13 inches of snow now. My wife is on her way home from work and said it was already pretty bad. I might stay here for another hour or so before I leave. I may try to get out in the morning depending on what things look like. I might hide out in the garage too who knows.
Got some aluminum welded up for a cell tower of some sort and finished welding the bore up in the loader arms and then blew all the dried sand and shit off the faceplate so I can weld the pin bores up in it too. I'll have to grind those in by hand as well.

Well hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Interesting weather today. We have NO SNOW but we have nearly an inch of Sleet on about everything. Electric lines are pretty clear as it is falling as little balls of ice. Cars, Grass, and Damcows have a pretty good coating of crunchy ice. Temp is 29°.

We might be better off with Snow?
Good thing is I'm not going back out till tomorrow. I hope.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Staying in would be a good option for you. We only had that 2 inches or so that fell overnight and it has just begun to snow lightly. we’ll see what the onslaught brings later in Michigan’s Thumb.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Unfortunately It does look like "we are going to get it" snowing pretty hard here in NC Ohio. I had a dentist appointment tomorrow and they just called the office will be closed so no need to show up. That won't hurt my feelings any, at least the snow fence my friend put up is working. Be safe my friends. Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts