Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
24° here in Upstate NY under overcast skies and the wind blowing. It is supposed to get up to about 32° for a high temperature today with the probability we will get about 2" of snow. It will be windy all day with gusts up to 25 mph.

Yesterday I spent most of the day working on computers here at the house, I don't normally do that on a Sunday. This morning I have to go get my oil, filter changed and have my tires rotated. Then I plan on taking the rest of the day easy.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Good mornin all it's 38* here, the weather guessers say rain, they might get this one right. Today is my Friday at Glade, I'm glad I've had enough of that place for three days. I need a cup of coffee and then get ready for work. Have a good one and be safe today.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Good Monday morning from NC Ohio. 40 and staying there after some rain and windy all day. Spent yesterday in the greenhouse with 90* and the fan on, not so today. The so called "renewable" energy does not work every day or night. I have one appointment today and most likely will spend the rest on domestic work. Be safe and healthy. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 24, foggy with 4in of fresh snow. High of 39. Laundry 1st then work on the CZ sling. I really hope to shoot more consistently today.
Yesterday was difficult in the sound booth missing a hearing aid. We all survived and learned a few things. Today I resume trying to contact the VA.
I hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 36º and hazy here headed for 50. We got a little rain last night but I can't tell if it melted any snow or not.

Yesterday was a lazy day. It warmed up enough that I didn't have to keep a fire going. We did get out to take my Mom by the church where they were giving shots. There was a long line and it took a while.

Not sure what todays plan is yet. The secondary roads and side streets are still snow covered so we'll stay home.

Prayers offered for those fighting the Chinese Virus, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
12,852 Posts
Mornin boys...
Around 40 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Yep, rain...ground has had all it can take, but its what it is.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Its 41 in Western Ky as we speak, going to 49, Global
warming has finally arrived. A lot of the snow left on
Sunday. It was calm and sunny, felt like spring was in the air.
Y'all have a goodun. LDS

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
morning all. 15 with low 40s later, just hope we don't have the cold wind we had yesterday.
Only know of one calf born yesterday, could have been more later in the day. Hope they break loose and start getting 20 to 30 a day!!!
Got another 50 rounds of 223 loaded up yesterday, now I'm out of ready brass, need to get to sizing and preping more. Maybe some evening or next weekend.
Not sure what else besides cow watching will take place today, may know by tonight.
Have a good day and prayers for the ill and hurting and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Good morning everyone....36° this morning at the house as I am not in a big hurry to get to work today. Walking in 8-10 of snow all weekend and up and down hills wore my ass out! We did win the contest with the only 2 coyotes brought in. It was a tough weekend for sure. The other teams didn't see anything at all. The deep snow must have had them on lockdown and not moving much at all. Sunday we seen a more movement. One was a nasty looking female coyote that had only a nub for a tail and was chewed up by something pretty badly. Teeth were all wore down and missing too. She had a 4 or 5 inch bald spot on her neck and it had about a 1 inch diameter hole and about as deep and was looking bad....we did that coyote a favor!
I did manage to loose a few more pounds and just dropped below 180lbs...hopefully it keeps dropping.

I need to finish the loader arm repair today then get back on the bucket to finish it up.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Administrator
12,147 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 29 and windy. The snow just started less than a half hour ago, it's a fine powder, but it's already covering the sidewalk and driveway. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches before lunch time or so when it gets out of here. I think Miss Sue is planning to stay home, so I can blow the snow off later, and don't have to worry about her driving in this mess. Didn't do much of anything yesterday. Ran to Walmart for a few things. Put a new pole up for the bird feeder. This one is almost 7' high, and that one ole doe is pissed she can't get any bird seed. I had 10 out front last evening. Poor critters. This weather is very hard on them. The birds are all over the feeders this morning, trying to fill up before the snow.

Well, I slept in a bit, better get busy. Prayers sent. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Great morning folks,

I am rather surprised to report 34° with some rain falling on last nights snowfall here near HalfwayUSA. That probably won't change much for the next couple hours. High today may get to 38° with a breeze..

Washing the trucks yesterday fell short of expectations. Seems the two self serve car washes I visited were not prepared for a thawing day as both bill changing/coin vending machines were out of quarters.

As of this morning, a path to the yard is shoveled away so the foo foo dog can safely pass onto the grass for business purposes. Bird & critter food is distributed around. I think I'll spend time at the reloading bench.

Another pic for a few decades ago.

This was 1991 and one of the last great years before the wolves took over in the west end of the U.P. eh. My old hunting partner is on the right & John Nowiki Sr (aka Gramps) at camp "Y".

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
We have the same degrees as Skruske, 34. But now that I have shoveled the heavy wet crappy snow off the concrete pad, it has begun to rain. I do not like to shovel the heavy wet snow. I’m thinking if the 34 or more lasts with the rain I won’t have to blow the drive clean. The blower doesn’t like the wet any more than I do. And I don’t think we’ll see the sun any time soon.Oh woe is me, poor old little old me.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Good morning old man Blog from the sticks of Kentucky at 43° and our snow is gone. It was in the low 50s last afternoon. That will probably be the end of snow for a while for us.
JB and Jackson's GF got this snowgirl made before the snow left yday.

Nice Nips for sure...
KyFishman may get excited.

I'm trying to figure out where I can unroll hay for the cows without making a mud pit. Maybe roll one down a hill.
JB is heading to get her Chinese Virus vaccine in a minute and I am off to find the Wizzard I suppose.
FB you and the other northerners are still in for it it seems.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Monday, yuck! Check it off, Charlie.

It's 40 in Louisville, going to 42. I thought we were going to get rain most of today, but apparently that front went through overnight. I can't see that we got much. Going to 55 tomorrow.

Judy Brown, you put a smile on an old man's face this morning, and that's really tough to do on a Monday. Was Jackson's GF modeling as you sculpted?

Hey, Ohio Mikey, could you post on here when you start planting seeds in your greenhouse. I realize you're a little north and you're doing things in a greenhouse, so start dates will likely differ a little. But I figure if you're doing things like tomato seeds, then I'd better jump because I'm behind the curve. I just start 'em under lights here in the house. Been using peat pellets like Jiffy pots.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there. Prayers up for Bruce, Nekkid George, MrMurl and all our other GoGo buds who need 'em.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

My wife sent me this. Anyone else with me?
47° this morning with a high of 52° and rain. I should just copy and paste that weather report for the next two months.
I'll be running and terminating a box or two of CAT 6 cable this week for HVAC controllers. Hey Mr Low Voltage, Skruske, to B or not to B?
Still no internet from our ice storm of the century. It hit a week ago last Friday. No power for 6 days. Massive oaks down everywhere. Utility poles down everywhere. I heard they ran out of poles and are bring them in from other areas. 100 trucks from Utah I heard and still a lot of people out of power. It could be worse. I could be in Texas.
Have a great day folks,
Lee Gabriel
from the non Cooperhead stomping part of the world.

Reactions: JRinKY

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
We got Snow melt water running out of the fields.
Doesn't happen much here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts