Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
37° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies. It is going to be a pretty nice day with a high temperature of about 56° with a fairly mild wind hopefully.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday morning making up new gun card for members that have renewed thus far and I had three new members to take care also. After that I just took the day easy, we had a very nice meal for Easter. Today I have a customer coming to pick up his lap top this morning and the rest of the day hopefully will be mine.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 44 going to the 70's and dry, weekend was fantastic weather. No heat in the greenhouse last night, first time for the year. Having a hard time today with old arthur must have done to much over the weekend. Well have to grab some coffee and get busy, yard to mow and some loaded 22 hornet ammo to dump thru the Ruger 1, if I had black rifle in that caliber wouldn't take long to get rid of 300 rounds. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 50 and getting to 81. Yesterday was the same high. Really feels nice to be outside.
Yesterday was busy with church all day. Today is back to the routine. I have a rifle to pickup this morning from the gunsmith. He tapped it and installed a scope mount. I need to finish the stock and it should be range ready.
Hopefully everyone will enjoy great weather this Monday morning,
Ken

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Good morning all from the Mountains, it's 42* here and into the 70's today, beautiful spring day. Mike that #1 helps you save ammo shooting one at a time. I'm headed to Glade today, Monday's are always busy after the weekend stuff. I better get moving, have a good one today.

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
Mornin boys...
Upper 30s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Supposed to be a pretty day here today too.
Yep, Mike...old Arthur has been getting me the last week
or so. Figured it was the cold snap we had but sure hope he
leaves soon...lol Back to the old grind today. Sat was youth day
for turkeys and was the first time in 15 or so years that i wouldn't in
the woods. Gracie Mae didn't want to go.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 54º and cloudy here headed for the upper 70's.

Yesterday was a lazy day. The Wife wore herself out Friday and Saturday cooking and we just didn't do much yesterday. I tinkered in the loading room some and moved a few things out to the storeroom. Feeding the birds and sweeping the Sunflower seed hulls off of the porch was about it.

The Wife has a blood draw at the local Doctor's office this morning and I'll blow the garage out while she is gone. After that I'm not sure what we'll get into. A couple of buddies want to cast one day this week so I may blow the shop out while I have the blower out.

Prayers offered for our members fighting health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Great morning everyone,

An overcast sky with rain & thunder on the way here near HalfwayUSA. 47° now with a high of 66° sometime later.

Mid day dinner prepared by Debra Dearest was quite good. The other dishes brought by guest filled the counter. It was noted this was the very first 'empty nesters' dinner we've had in decades. All the "kids" had somewhere else to be. The 'adult' easter egg hunt was worth a few laughs when treasures were found.

My plan of washing & detailing my truck probably won't happen today. Instead I will be making .223 ammo. It appears my prudent purchases of powder, primers & bullets from 2016-2019 were visionary.;) Sure is satisfying knowing I paid $21/1k for primers when they are currently listed on Gunbroker for $190/1k with active bids.:eek:

Maybe I'm thinking wrong on this. Rather than reload, perhaps I can trade a significant quantity of primers & powder for land in Wyoming? :unsure: How many primers per acre does that work out to be?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
morning all. 28 this morning, with mid 60s later and wind, 30+mph later in the day and for several days this week.
Gwyn went with me yesterday morning to check cows, we spent some time watching the sun come up and listening to gospel music and in prayer.
Went to the little local church then had a nice big meal at home, just the two of us.
Worked in the hobby shop in the afternoon, then cow checking in the late afternoon.
Got the 80% lower finished and mostly put together yesterday, hard to tell when I'll have time to finish putting it on the upper.
Kids don't have school today for some reason, so I'll have a helper today, hope to work on the disc.
Better move along, prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Good morning all. It’s 49 on the south side of Indy heading for 76. Yep, that’s golf weather for sure. Shorts and short sleeves golf weather.

Had a nice cookout at my son’s house yesterday. Ate too much, tossed a football around too much, got a bit of sunburn. Maybe summer is here. Maybe I just jinxed us.

Either way, have a good day.

·
Administrator
12,274 Posts
Good morning from sunny south central PA. It's 39 here, headed to 70's and the squirrels are out in full force raiding the bird feeders. Haven't seen any sign of the rat, and I've been keeping an eye out day and night. 22 is next to the door. Yesterday I got the last of the firewood split...maybe. I'm not sure if it'll fill the shed or not. Gonna be close. I need to get it under roof before rain later in the week, probably do that tonight after work. I need to get some weeds pulled in the flower beds before they go to seed too. Getting out of hand. I also need to get the driveway ready for the tar and chip. Supposed to be coming in a few weeks. I'll need to clean off the edges and spray weeds in the cracks. I have a torch to burn them off when they're dead. I should start thinking about getting some weed and feed down on the yard, and getting the oil changed in the mower for when the fertilizer kicks in.

We had a nice meal at my cousin's yesterday. Funny how some are gone, and some are new. Youngin's on the way changes things. Still fun to watch them look for eggs, and fight over who got what candy or toy to play with. I'm not the oldest in the group yet, but not far off. Enjoy your family while they are here.

Hey Mikey, it's Monday again. Better get to work. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
12,828 Posts
Good morning GGVG
Think ill shoot some today! Before the 40x makes another trip to Texas for a new barrel .
U'all have a great day

·
Administrator
1,812 Posts
Hope all had a great Easter! 56 on the way to 77 and partly cloudy here in the northern Ozarks.

The crew is supposed to be here today to start the install of new solar array behind my house, sure hope it does what they say it will do. I have a friend who has three different arrays on his place. Another friend who says it cut his electric bill well past half and he has a total electric house.

Had a great Easter here myself, had all of my great grand kids here even the one not due to make an appearance for a couple more weeks. Going to be a big boy, poor grand daughter is big as a barn, but should soon be over with.

MPC I know what you are talking about the RA is kicking my butt today too. My grandson brought by a Marlin 30-30, that the forearm keeps coming loose as you fire it. The little metal nose piece is just as tight as I could possibly get it with out striping the screws. Have not had a chance to take it apart yet, maybe today.

Prayers for all in need and even not so much in need, especially this great country. God bless!

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Morning all, 55 going to 75 today. If you all would, remember the wife and I in your prayers today, we lost out 19 year old son in a car wreck, 19 years ago today. He was planning on getting married, we had a spot picked out on the farm for him to build a house on. He was the constant smile, loved every one and loved by everybody. He was in the national guard, working full time and halfway to his bachelors degree. The one thing that gives us solace, is that he gave his heart to Christ at 12 years old, at home one night, was baptized the next weekend in the lake, on a cold March day. We will see him again .God Bless you all.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Made a trip to Ky Lake on Sunday afternoon. The lake was high and nasty with lots of floating trash and current. I didn't expect to catch anything, so therefore I wasn't disappointed. It was just to purddddy not to get out. LDS

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
We, Red T. Basset and I, have been out three times since 4:11AM and now. I think the approaching storm has him on edge. We’ve taken are of all anatomical or physical needs so he should be good until the rain clears out. We were busy yesterday with a houseful of family. Today the menu will be filled with leftovers. Other than that, not much going on here.

·
Administrator
1,812 Posts
FB I know what you mean, lunch was left overs and quite sure dinner will be as well. But I like left overs, sometimes better then the first time around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts