Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to Thank You all for your answers about having a Cronograph. I know nothing about them. I do know what there for HA! HA! Midway is selling a "CED Millennium 2 System" is that a good brand one. Second should I get Replacement sensors, what ever they are? And it comes with Sunscreens, what ever there for? They also sell Infrared Shyscreen set. Do I need all these extras?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The CED Millennium is a very good chrono. You can upgrade to the infrared sensors and shoot under any light conditions. If you have a private place to shoot, you can shoot at night.
I have one and like it, use it all the time. Can't go wrong with the CED.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Ron, today's chronos are very easy to use and come with complete instructions. (So simple, even a cave man can do it!!:D ) Make sure you get a model that has the cord running from the sensor unit back to the bench to your readout unit, you dont want to be running back and forth all the time. Most of them have more functions than the average guy will use, but a little time spent with the manual will get you going with no problem.

·
Registered
148 Posts
CED Millennium

The CED is a good chronograph. Spare sensors are for those that have shot or dropped their chronographs. You shouldn't need one until after you do that. Skyscreens are used on chronographs to get a uniform back ground to detect the shadow of the bullet against. The IR screens are a good idea if you live in a place that is generally overcast. They allow the unit to operate in low light conditions or indoors. The IR screens also help get more uniform readings.

The Millennium 2 isn't available yet and looks to be a slight design change. Midway says expected availabiility is 2/4/2007. The new design has voice announcement and a new program to calculate IPSC power factor. If you want or need those additional features then maybe it's worth waiting for.

Check out : http://www.shootingsoftware.com/chronographs.htm

Jim Ristow runs the business and is one of the very few places where I can say I have gotten extremely good customer service. His software also interfaces quite well with the CED chronograph.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.