Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rifle I asked about in a previous thread appears to be in GC, however, it has "Arlington Arms" stamped on the receiver. I take it this gun was imported back to the USA, possibly by Blue Sky. Does this detract from the gun's value, and if so, by how much? TIA

·
Registered
751 Posts
"Blue sky" rifles have a deep stamp on the side of barrel just below the front sight that says.... "Blue Sky".

Where on the receiver is the "arlington arms"..... on the side???

One with import markings does detract from the value..... and usually these are parts guns..... which while functional also detracts from the value.

And CMP is about to start releasing 30,000 carbines ....... I've already ordered 5 of them.... they're about half of what you see them selling for on the open market.

I bought a nice Inland last week from an ad in the local paper. $525.00 no import marks, correct barrel and trigger group. Slide, barrel band, front handguard and rear sight were not matching. It is an arsenal rework from the 50s.

I've seen nice GI carbines at gunshows offered for $600-$750 but I've not seen many being actually sold at those prices unless it was truly correct and not an import.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the "Arlington Arms" stamp appeared to be along the side of the receiver, his photos were poor. Tomorrow I am going to look it over and shoot it, weather permitting. I am not a military collector and this will serve only as a plinker...I do not want to put much into it anyway. Thanks for your help.

How much are the CMP guns going for? The website gives no info other than they are currently sorting and grading guns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.