Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
4,520 Posts
45° here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies, the high temperature for today is going to get up to about 71°. It will be a mostly sunny day after some morning fog with a mild wind of about 7mph this afternoon. No precipitation is predicted for today.

Yesterday was a quiet day for me, I was on the road in the afternoon for a time. Today I may or may not head up to the gun club for some shooting. I have no computer work planned but you know how plans can change.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
60° here this morning. Came home yesterday to a pleasant surprise. My younger son was off work yesterday so he took Marty to her PT appointment. Afterward he mowed the grass, trimmed around everything and had supper cooking when I got home. Made for a nice, relaxing evening and I was able to meet my brother-in-law at the range for a little shooting. I’m off work this weekend and not sure what I will be doing. Might split some firewood if it doesn’t get too warm.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 67, rainy and 76 later. Looking like a stay home day. I hit 4 rummage sales yesterday, it's nearly the end of the season and very useful treasure was spotted, even less filled me home.
Range time was the high point of the day. 110 rounds fired through the Savage MK II. The chamber got dirty and it stopped ejecting. The box of Wolf gave the best accuracy, Federal Automatch just so so accuracy. WW Super Speed was the least accurate but it really bounced an empty pop can at 50 yards.
Hope everyone has a blessed Friday,
Ken

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 58 going to mid 80's with sun after fog is gone. Went to the ARA shoot my friend Bob shot it for the first time, with a decent score. Saw one fellow shoot a 2500 card, he was smilin' big time, his first perfect score. Maybe I can shoot the next match. Time to get goin' for a long day. Be safe my friends Prayers to all of us and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Great morning folks,

With a few scattered clouds our morning begins with 58° and our high should get to the low 80's here near HalfwayUSA.

Old hunting partner's chores got handled, mail sorted, bills paid ect. Then we started in the cluster that has been is medical stuff. What ridiculous frustrating couple hours of getting nothing done. Health services in northern Michigan has gone down hill badly since the University of Michigan hospital systems has taken over. Simply put, if they never answer the phone or return calls how in the hell can treat any patients. His kitchen stove is working ok. He just wasn't lighting it before the ceiling fan blew out the matches. Ya, his old stove still requires a match to light. NOPE, he won't spend the money on the new stove with modern electronic ignition.

Good news is Mr. & Mrs. Damncow farmers have arrived safely if not so soundly. ;) Our plan today is to visit Hausbeck Pickle company & buy factory direct at their outlet store. Rummages sales, probably some lunch at Toni's & a fire in the back yard this evening with Mike & Corey coming to visit.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
morning all. 37 to start our way to the mid 70s and windy today thru the weekend.
Started a sprinkler back on a new alfalfa field yesterday, had oat hay with the baby alfalfa, hope it makes it thru the winter.
Baled most of the day and got another one done for the year. Bossman raked then came to bale and broke the drive line when he turned his
baler pto on. So I had to do it all, six hours later and only to times stopping I was done. Then help the NH service man get the boss' baler going again.
More of the same today, without any break downs...I hope.
Need time to shoot something!!!
Have a good FRIDAY and be safe. Prayers for those with health issues and those traveling. And our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Mornin' folks. It's a chilly 49 here, headed to 80's though later. Another beautiful, big, red sunrise this morning, although mine didn't get off to a good start. Didn't sleep well, didn't want to go to work. I rolled out of bed and went to start the coffee pot and promptly stubbed my toe on a f%$&ing cooler that was sitting in the kitchen. That sumbitch went flying out the door onto the deck. (Yeah, I have a temper at times. LOL) Anyway...I'm here at work, waiting for the coffee to kick in. Didn't do anything last night. Worked at the shop until close, came home and made chik'n fajitas and guacamole for dinner, watched the tube a bit. Streaming Ozark. Decent show. Anyhow...TGIF. I don't know if I'll last all day here or not. It looks like I may have several extra use or lose hours built up by the end of the year. I may burn some now. Need to mow at some point this weekend. May go look at a few boats. I may climb a tree as well in search of Bambi's granddad, if I get my MD license. Gotta run. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I think what DeSantis and Abbott are doing is hilarious. Maybe this will wake up some Americans. BUT NO.
I guess we have California’s wildfire smoke in our air this morning. I had the trusty old R-R-Rug-g-ger 10-22 out yesterday and rolled a can around for a while.
Thinking of the mangled brass that came in the mail the other day and you can’t convince me that the damage wasn’t intentional.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. Beautiful morning 64 wif a high of 78 .
We went into the town of Mathews VA yesterday Mrs had a eye doctor appointment.Very nice small town along the coast of the Chesapeake and surrounding waters . After the eye exam we went and had Mexican.
Today I plan on checking out the dove field and running by the machine shop.
Everyone have a great day and enjoy your weekend.
He is sound as sleep
Dress Sleeve Clothes hanger Grey Fashion design

HHH

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 72º and partly cloudy here headed for the upper 80's.

Yesterday was a slow day here. I got the Deer Camp work stuff unloaded from the truck and the Ranger and mostly put away.

Todays big event will be taking the Wife to a mid morning Doctor's appointment. I expect we will get lunch someplace.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Son Is scurrying around trying to get it together this morning. He is picking up little redhead from school and they are headed to see Momma at elk camp.
Momma called from a good place with phone service yesterday morning. She reported that the bulls had been screaming since they had got there, but of course opening morning on Thursday they somehow knew it was time to be quiet. You would think the elk had opening morning wrote on their calendars.
I finished up the rest of “the room” about dark last night. Feels good to know it’s done, but now I don’t want to start reloading with fear I might make a mess…. 😵‍💫😱😁
Charlie… hate it your day was a mess. Looking at boats or climbing up a tree stand will probably make it better.
Ken… l liked your post this morning about the board. Not only will they give you stuff you need, they will take “stuff” you don’t have room for… 😂
Like they said one man’s junk is another man’s treasure…. Did Skruske or JR say that?
I needed to get rid off some brass, before I did something stupid. Have you ever bought a gun just because you had some brass that nothing you had fit it? Everybody 🙋 raise your hand.🙋
That’s what you call being frugal and now wanting to throw that piece of brass away.
I bought a FN 5.7x28 pistol once because I thought the ammo “was cute”.
I’m thinking I need to take the 223 setup off the Dillon and put the 9mm on. Don’t really need any more ammo for either, but I probably already have about 3-4 thousand 223 loaded up and only about 3-4 hundred 9mm. I would bet Doug would say just the opposite. He has Julie to help him with the 9mm, but I have 2 grandsons and one son to help me burn the 223….👍
At least we have family that enjoys what we do with us… We are blessed.
Hat Guitar accessory Musical instrument Sleeve Sun hat

I have found that I’m a lot smarter than I am wiser.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
56 at sunrise and in the low 70s currently with sunshine in the hollow. Slept in the recliner last night as the grandson had my side of the bed. But the recliner sleeps pretty good, so no worries.
Picked up my 18 yo Escalade from the garage this morning. Had the tires rotated and oil changed. Seems that ball joints are in my immediate future, so the alignment will wait until after the vacation. Still no $$ restored to my account. I'll bet they would move a little faster if it was their $$. Several things to do today, but nothing urgent so life is good. Bruce, I've had a set of 45 LC dies for 25 years and have yet to get the revolver to use them. But it's still on my radar. My Dad once waited 15 years to but an electric drill. When he got a TVA settlement for easement ($7,000), he finally decide he could afford one (1959).

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts