Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
56 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Been awake since 130...special...
Back to the old.grind this morning. 1 more to fix
on the first floor then it will be 2 nd floor bound...that's
going to be fun...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

PS...shpposed.to be mid to upper 90s...joy

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Good to see Donnie is up and at ‘em this morning. 69° here right now and they say it’s gonna be 94 and muggy just like yesterday until the rain comes this afternoon. They say it’s gonna be mostly comfortable for the next week or so. We shall see.
Didn‘t accomplish a whole lot after work. My son and his friend stopped by and Little Miss Martha grilled some steaks. We had a good visit and I turned in early. I have a pile of firewood that needs to be split, stacked and covered but it can wait for a cooler day.
I saw Barrel-Man, on my drive home Sunday. His superpower is bringing traffic to a crawl.
Prayers offered. Make it a good day.
Wood Sky Art Gas Brick

·
Administrator
4,318 Posts
61° here in Upstate NY this morning, the high temperature for today will be up to about 78°. There is a 30% chance of showers today with a mild breeze of about 8mph. We have a 30% chance of some showers today.

Yesterday I was on the road in the morning and then home in the afternoon. I fielded a call from a customer in PA that has a nursing home, he has new management there and the old did something to the network. I have to go there tomorrow to straighten everything out. I also heard about my ultrasound; my doctor told me there is more than 50% stenosis in the superficial femoral arteries on both legs. Now I have to go to a vascular surgeon ion July 11th.

Prayers for all those in need.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyonne.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 73, high about 83, and I think the wind is more gentle, I have free time this afternoon to slip out to the range.
Busy day yesterday, we had a good time with the in-laws, they all like me.
Doctor this am for a general check-up. Supper with my daughter this evening, it's her birthday.
Need to clean the car before tomorrow evening.
Hopefully everyone will have a great day,
Ken

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Good morning. It’s 77 in Indy heading for 95. Played golf early yesterday. Started at 6:40 and was done and home before 11:00. The men’s club doesn’t start until 9:00 today so I’m taking a pass. Not sure what’s gonna hapoen but it will be indoors. There’s always guns to clean.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
morning all. 41 here with 66 for a high, breezy with a 70% chance of some moisture...maybe. But still DRY as of now.
Had to work on a couple things the bossmans' damgrandkid messed up. You just can't take a hammer and put the hydraulic
couplers in the tractor!!! Then had to switch the disc off and put the dikers on the 4450 JD.
Other odd jobs and sprinkler work the rest of the day, was cool and windy all day. Also whacked a few p-dogs along the way.
Happy Hump day to ya all. Prayers for those in need. Have a great day and be safe and cool.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
Good morning everyone...74° at the house this morning. Nice and hot yesterday and gonna be about 93° today. Delivered the Coronet yesterday after work when I got home. Then waited for it to cool off a little before going to the garden. The dog thought she wanted me to throw her wore out toy so she could chase it.
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Grass

After a few minutes out in the heat she decided it was better to lay out there and chew on it.
Dog Mammal Grass Plant Dog breed

And this morning now that it's cool she's on it again. For 15 minutes now she's been chasing a toy. I need to get her one of those automatic ball tossers. She's relentless and will not take no as she smashes a slobbered up squeak toy all over you until you take it and throw it.
Well I'm about to head to the shop and get a few things done and then I might just say I'm done until after the 4th. We leave Friday for Nevada and will probably clock 4k miles by the time we get back and probably $1k or better in fuel I'm sure.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Great morning folks,

We are up already from the overnight low of 74° and probably heading to clear sky sunny 90° later here near HalfwayUSA. 99.9° was the high yesterday.

Outside chores were done by 11:00am & even then I was wringing wet. I spent much of the hottest part of the day inside. I added buckshot & slugs to a sling & attached them to a Charles Daly folding 12ga.

We watch a hen pheasant & 9 babies walk across the back yard. Good to see a nice brood & hopefully the survival rate will be high.

Some outside activity was handled after 9:30pm as it had finally "cooled" to 85°. Deb & I spread out & secured the sun shade over her pergola and hot tub.

I spoke with old hunting partner last evening. He golfed in 90° yesterday. By 5pm he was exhausted. 9 holes in a cart sure does take a toll on him. Good on him for continuing.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Good Morning Everyone,
69 headed to 83 . 40% chance of rain this evening. Lunch went great yesterday. It was a enjoyable day. I did dig a little more into the PTO switch yesterday as I'm one that has a hard time thinking stuff just goes bad . I will be disconnecting the PTO clutch this morning and doing a ohm check it suppose to have a resistance of 2 to 4 ohms if it's good. I was reading yesterday that when they go bad or are going bad it will burn out a switch. Yesterday I accepted the contract for the sprinkler system estimate He's to call me today with a projection date . I'll slow down after that yesterday I got a unwanted shock both me and the Mrs has lived without drawing from any of our retirement funds and at this point we really don't know which is the best way we should get it monthly, all at one time or what. Time will tell . But I made the mistake of calling on our 401 k plan . This had been rocking for the last few years will all I will say is I'm slowing down after the sprinkler installation. This country and the ones running it had best get their azz in gear and start getting things in order. It's a shame what has happened in the last year or 2 .
HHH

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
HAPPY HUMP DAY, GoGo! It's a pleasant 73 in Louisville right now, but going to 99, with a "feels like" of 105. Forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms this afternoon.

Read several articles online yesterday reporting that the Biden administration may be trying to push through measures that would keep 5.56 ammo from the Lake City (MO) plant from being sold to citizens. Apparently this proposed restriction comes up every few years, but has never been approved and gone into effect. I don't know whether to panic and join the lemmings in ordering ammo at 60 cents a pop or more per bullet. I think I'll stay calm.

We had our Old Quartet monthly gathering last night at Roosters, a wings 'n' beer chain. As I'm sure all of you know, it's really nice getting together with guys who are around your age and who have a lot in common. In this case, we sang in a barbershop chorus and a quartet for many, many years. Lots of stories, lots of laughs.

Here's my Hump Day visual offering for today:
Hair Joint Lip Shoulder Muscle

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and remember to pray for our friends here, for our nation, and for the people of Ukraine.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,431 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 69 going to 83 with humidity increasing. Chance of severe storms later. Humidity is increasing. And it's HUMP DAY Mikey! Sold my boat and was looking for another but this has me seriously thinking hard about getting a jet ski/wave runner. (PS - JR, she's friends with @hannabarron)

Water Swimsuit top Muscle Sunglasses Brassiere
Water Sky Swimsuit top Brassiere Swimwear

They do make them specifically for fishing too. They use a hell of a lot less fuel than a big ass boat. There's guys in Virginia & Hatteras that take these 20-30 miles offshore and they catch all kinds of stuff. I want to do this at least once before I die.

Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Yesterday was just BUSY. I'm glad it was the longest daylight day of the year because I needed it! Worked at the shop until close, after my 9-5, then ran home and changed quick and ran up to get the swing set. No surprises there, a couple whacks with the chainsaw and it was apart. I'll try to salvage some of the hardware. Maybe rip it apart tonight if it doesn't rain. After I got home, I mowed. It was a bit after 9pm when I finished. At least that's done before I leave for vacation.

Carl, thought I might swing down and drop by for a steak as well, then you mentioned the wood thing....nope. I only do firewood in the winter.

Well I better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 79º and hazy here headed for the upper 90's.

My running buddy called right after I got off of here yesterday morning and I met him at the Doctor's place. I mowed another 1/4th of the place and then we had a late lunch at our favorite brewery. I got home and started watering the yard and watched the Razorbacks beat Auburn last night.

Not sure what today holds yet. I expect I'll be back on a tractor at the Doc's place.

They moved my Wife to a private room yesterday. It should be a little more restful and much more private. The test showed that the new meds seem to be helping. No word on when She will be released.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Guys , you need to remember the old Asopes fable about the goose that laid the golden egg. Leave the goose alone , you best not kill it. Leave it alone and collect the golden eggs it lays and live off what you collect.

Reactions: 45TAJ

·
Registered
101 Posts
Morning all, 82 headed to 95 today, humidity is ramping back up also. Got several things done in the shop yesterday, and got Elmer Yoders barrel in, 6XC -7 twist, we are going to start working on his rifle shortly. Hopefully we will get our new kitchen window put in this week, wife will be happy. Got several small jobs to finish up today after getting some gun parts in, get them out the door. My garden is coming along very well, we got several cucumbers and a few bell peppers out of it yesterday. I have a huge number of tomatoes coming along and Okra is starting to produce, blooming and growing well. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Hay, Hay, Hay to everyone today. Already fluffed a 20 acre field...wasn't going to but lost an 10 foot pipe (guard) off the fluffer and tried to find it...but did not.
Maybe Rake will find it but most likely it will wind up in the Bailer and screw it up.
JB is cone on search of a Chikin sammich and to pick up pills.
Gonna get back on 2 more tractors in a few minutes.

Glad you folks are solving the world problems, I don't have time.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Took a nice long shower this morning....finally had decent water pressure. The well man seems to have figured it out...I hope. Anyway it's working fine now.
Shane....good looking dog.
JR...hope you find the missing piece before it goes into the baler.
More painting outside today and windows replaced tomorrow. I wandered around outside a lot yesterday and felt pretty good last night. I don't think I over did it. I'm sure wanting to make the trip next week with son and grandsons PD shooting.
Thank you CarlP for the kind words about our family. One of the happiest weekends ever was Memorial Day Sunday. I had all kids, grandkids, great grandkids, Sister-in-Law and all her kids and grandkids from Kansas. City) In church with us. It was a very enjoyable weekend. Everybody went to the river after lunch and had a great time.
Family is everything to us.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine, and all Y'all.

·
Administrator
1,931 Posts
86* with clear sunshine on the way to the low 90's here in the northern Ozarks. It is hot and guess my air conditioning has quit working, have a call in to the repairman who said that he would try to make by some time today. Quit sometime around noon yesterday, and was a warm night last night. Not much going on here except setting around sweating.
I have a question about game cameras. You folks that use them what do you recommend? I have looked at several different ones and now I am confused, do I need a unit that will transmit the photos back to my cell phone or just one with a memory card that I can change. Do the one with a cell link require a strong signal to send photos or will the work in weaker signal conditions? The area that I want to cover has a weak signal on my cell when I am in that area.
Prayers for the ones in need and the people of Ukraine and of course this country that Brandon is trying to bury. God bless all of you'all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts