Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
13,431 Posts
Murl, the cell cameras require the same amount of signal as your phone. But, you may find another cell co has better service in that area than you do with your phone. For instance, my cousin uses Verizon cams at an area where we hunt because they get signal there and neither of our ATT cell phones work. Not sure what service you have? Maybe you can find someone who has a different cell provider and see if their phone has service there and get the cell cam that has best service?

I just picked up a new Moultrie cell cam for Christmas at Wally World. It runs on Verizon network. Haven't tried it yet since I got it after the season, but it's like $10/month plan. It's a good cam from what I've heard and at $62 you can't go wrong. This cam is made exclusively for Walmart. I'm excited to try it out here soon, as I have a few bucks coming to the salt lick out back.

Moultrie EXO cell Cam

As for cell cam vs traditional, if you have time to run and check the cams every couple days/weeks, I'd just go with a non-cell cam. I have to admit though, I kinda gave up on my one spot last year where I was getting a lot of buck pics, and hunted at my house. After the season I pulled that cam and found several nice bucks showed after I gave up. Had I had a cell cam and knew they were there, I might have changed my strategy.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts