Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
63 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Going fishing with my cousin this morning.
Hope they are still there and hungry...
So glad the stone ain't going this time...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Administrator
3,054 Posts
Donny, I am glad you are feeling better, I am going "Up Home" this morning fishing as it is opening day of bass season here.

52° here in Upstate NY this morning with the high temperature going to be about 79°.

Had a long day of it yesterday, I was fixing computers most of the day and spent about two hours mowing last evening.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Good morning from Home, finally.
76 in Waseca and rain. High around 89 with humidity the same, that we are not used to.
Need to finish cleaning up the the camper and truck, getting both ready for the next trip in two weeks.
It's really nice to be home, sleeping in my real bed, even the cats are happy.
Hope everyone has a blessed Saturday,
Ken

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Good morning all. 69 in Indy heading for 93. Planning on getting a coat of sealer on the deck before it gets too hot. Julie has a dinner with the girls from work so a couple of us abandoned husbands are gonna’ scatter golf rocks this evening. Probably be cooled down to the upper 80s by then. Let’s get a move on. Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
morning all. 62 here this morning, moving up to around 72 for a high. 50% chance of showers today :) sure hope they are right!!!
Worked on sprinklers most of the day. But had to do a little welding on the one hay swather that is running, ordered the part, hope the weld holds till next week.
Have one sprinkler that needs serviced and running today, last of the new alfalfa was planted yesterday under this sprinkler.
Better get to it. Have a great day whatever you are doing.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Mostly great morning,

67° with rain in the area but none hitting the ground here near Halfway USA. 90° with humidity later.

I'm pretty sure the Wyoming gang made it to the other grandma's place last evening. Baptism for 1yr old Maddox is later this afternoon. Big ol' birthday party for grandson #1, grandson #2 & their momma. Gonna be a big ol' bash in the old home town.

DD & I took the RZR north for a dusty ride. Big fun & saw quite a few deer early in the day.

Once back home, the RZR got a power bath then we got the Thompson's water seal out & coated the porch on the garden house. I'm not sure how long we've had that stuff hanging around, probably 10+ years and it was still good enough to use. That despite freeze/thaw & heat over the last decade. After a cursory inspection this morning, it all looks pretty good. New Behr transparent stain & sealer will go on in the next day or so.

·
Administrator
11,798 Posts
Good Saturday morning folks. It's 60° with bright sunshine here. Going to be a hot one. Good luck fishing Donnie. Fishing is not in the cards for me this week. Send pics. Been having withdrawal symptoms lately. Had to resort to watching a few youtube fishing videos (Jacki Shea and Darcizzle are my favorite Mikey...look'em up). Hopefully we can get the boat out in 2 weeks.

I got the yard mowed after work last evening. It's drying out and not growing quite as fast. Some of my grass I planted has begun to sprout. I gave it a real good watering last night and this morning, it's noticeably greener. Think I'll turn the sprinkler on again here this morning.

I finished patching all the holes in the boat and have them all sanded out. After work at the shop this morning, I'm going to wash the boat real good and get ready to give it a good compounding and waxing. It may even need some wet sanding. It must have sat in the sun for years, the topside is all dull and chalky. I got the sides looking pretty good last year, they should shine right back up.

Doug, I'm going to try to get Miss Sue to help put the stain/sealer on our deck tomorrow, if it stays dry long enough. Our deck is 12 ft by 52ft...gonna take both of us for sure.

Have a good one,

Charlie

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's a warm 72 outside, going to a blistering 93 with more than enough humidity. Heat Index will probably be pushing 100 later.

Today is Pesto Making Day. Miss Cindy started basil from seed back in March and we got 'em in the ground the first week of May. Earliest we've ever started. I'll probably get close to a gallon of pesto made and ready for freezing in little half-cup plastic containers. When I harvest the plants here in an hour or so I'll leave a few stems and leaves at the bottom. New stems will sprout and I'll get a second harvest in 6-8 weeks.

Had to resort to watching a few youtube fishing videos (Jacki Shea and Darcizzle are my favorite Mikey...look'em up).

Charlie
Charlie, you truly understand what the ol' Carpman is about, don't you? Ha! Yeah, I watch Darcizzle, but my favorite, I think, is "Fishing with Luiza." Haven't run across Jacki Shea, but will check out those videos. Is Jacki a man or a woman? :D

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Nice ones

I never fished much but I guarantee I never caught any of those!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
West Bank checking in

55 going to 79 they say. It is cloudy but low humidity.
My wife is out of town today and I got my Jeep back last night so I am unsupervised and untethered, lookout! I’ll probably do something crazy like go shopping for hitch parts to connect the Jeep to the motor home. I used standard Roadmaster parts designed for a Jeep Cherokee but I don’t like the setup since I have a winch bumper.
With an RV cam header and bigger exhaust it sounds great. There is a 62mm throttle body and reworked aluminum head so the intake has an interesting hiss to it. Think 60’s muscle car only this is a 4.0 liter stroked to 4.5. I am 66 and it still makes me grin.
BTW the owner of the shop that did the machine work drives a 98 Explorer, the mechanic that installed the engine drives all older cars, even my friend that owns a shop that specializes in automotive electrical work drives an older Toyota. All of them hate the newer cars.
The electrical repair guy said it is becoming a divided world, those that can afford high end repairs and those that have older cars that can be repaired by a traditional mechanic. Another friend is a BMW tech. Notice I said tech, he is also a mechanic but has won several competitions among BMW techs. He said that if they know you have worked on your BMW they will not touch it. The newer ones use fiber optics for a lot of the electronics. People try to save money but when they can’t fix it they bring it to the shop. The cost go up because the tech has to figure out what they screwed up, then the customer gets mad.
Oh by the way
Good morning gang!:)

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Good Afternoon from the sticks of Kentucky.
I have been working on machinery and fluffing hay since 0630, and just got sat down.
Man. There's a lot of stuff going on here today!
I checked out the Fishing ladies.....looks like I need a new hobby.. I wonder if any of them would like to drive Tractors? I have about 10 acres of hay to ball up after it dries some more and about that much to do tomorrow. Then just move it to the storage area and I'm ready to go visit SKRUSKE in Yankee territory
I need him here today, I have a new carburetor to install on a weed eater, new screen guard to bolt to storm door, yard needs mowed, weed trimming, spray under 4 miles of electric fences, AC to stick in the winder, chainsaw 3 trees off one of my fences, fence the hay rolls, check the Damcows.....none of it is going to get done today.
Screw it, I think I will go to Key West and go fishing.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Wellll, I'd say the gal in the middle has chosen augmentation surgery along the way. Now, on to a loftier subject:
VBS is over again for another year. Some 50+ made The Decision and 15 we're baptized last night. A well organized and all stops pulled out for theme decorations. 60 or so adults made it happen nightly. A lot of spokes to make that wheel go round.
Epoxy finally ordered, ran down a debt owed so $$ coming - been a ruff month. Hangfast tgt hangers coming to accommodate my very old, heavy T posts. He had to widen the slots. Will put some stain and or poly on the edges and maybe some stain before pouring the eeeepoxy. I'm assuming they won't war with each other.
Still need to find out where my two critter gitters are printing. I did laser the missed shot at 161 yds. I had to have been high. Keith has been talking with a guy abt Dasher loads. It turns out he is on his 4th or 5th bbl, avg of 1500 rds of excellent accuracy then 1500 more of acceptable. H4895 with a 7 1/2, not a 450 but hasn't tried the BR4 yet or the Wolfe/Tula yet.
Time to get busy now that the mail has been sorted and processed. Tom out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts