Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
14,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up before 2 and can't go back to sleep.
Phone says its 47 and I don't hear any rain here
high on RUGER Mt this morning. Don't know if we'll
hunt this mornin or not. Supposed to have a chance of rain
they say. Maybe wind too, guess we'll see in a few hours.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

· Administrator
4,639 Posts
60° here in Upstate NY this morning, we were to have heavy rain overnight but it never happened. We got some light rain and that was it. They have a flash flood watch in effect till 10:00AM though. It is going to be windy again today though. The high temperature will be about 70°.

Yesterday morning I went varmint hunting looking for woodchucks and crows but the only thing I saw was some turkeys. I hunted two different farms that I have hunted for 25yrs now. Today I think I will just take life easy.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

· Registered
2,379 Posts
Great morning all,

63° for now, 72° later with a sunny sky here in Grandkidville.

The tree cutting down party got under way. Two pines in the backyard are down. First one fell exactly where it wanted to with gravity doing much of the work. We picked the correct fence panel to move prior to running the saw. The second one took a bit more thinking & you can guess what those results were. :eek: Nothing real bad since Zac cut it in pieces from the top down. I gave a little blood on that & it was pretty fascinating to the grandkids. "Gwandpa youw eaw is bweeding"

Got all that cleaned up and the fence put back up just as the storms hit. High winds did cause damage in the area.

Today we start taking down a big Oak. That one is in the front yard. I think if the girls set up lawn chairs & make popcorn, they can charge admissions to the show. We can sell souvenir fire wood afterward too.

· Registered
2,845 Posts
Good Morning

41 degrees here at the beginning of another cold and rainy day. Not much on the agenda today. My son and I spent some time in Dad’s garage yesterday. Replaced the fan motor resistor in the Wrangler and put rear brakes on his wife’s car. My nephew is bringing his boat over to do a little work on it.
If the weather down south is anything like here, JR’s cattle shouldn’t have any trouble stomping hay into the mud. That always reminds me of the brick-making scene in The Ten Commandments- one of my favorite movies. Mom and Dad took us kids to see it when we were young and I usually watch at least part of it every year. It is on tonight but I doubt I will be up late enough to watch it all.

Thanks for the Valkyrie load data Doug. I will pass that information along to my son to give that a try.

Good luck to Skruske in Grandkidville. I always look forward to hearing what kind of adventure he is into for the day.

Mike, I mentioned to Dad (AC) that the BBB could use a new elder statesman but I don’t think he is going to make it this year. I still don’t have any good fishing pictures to post but here is one of my nephew. He was determined to keep this one so he put it on his stringer but eventually turned it loose once he found that it could drag his kayak all over the lake.

Make it a good day

Attachments

· Registered
6,328 Posts
37* and wind and heavy rain from the NE. Never good and a noreaster's lasts three days in these parts.
Gun show this am to sell a couple of excess shotguns, hopefully. The venue has a reputation of getting muddy and slippery because of the clay. I think I will let my buddy drive. His tires are better than mine. My money is on him getting stuck. He doesn't really have this mud thing down.

· Administrator
13,824 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 63° with drizzle here. Woke up to a gobbler or two giving it hell out front. I grabbed the call and don't kjnow if I ever had one so hot. Too bad our season is NEXT week.:rolleyes: Boy it poured yesterday afternoon and into the night. Real frog strangler. We needed it. Thankfully it held off until I got finished with the boat. I washed it and started it up. Fired off first try. Love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning. ;) I have it mostly loaded except for fishing gear. I'll throw that in tomorrow night. Sure glad I serviced bearings and brakes while I was at it. Had a pad frozen onto the rotor. Hell of a time busting it loose. It's all good now though. Also checked the air in the tires and broke all the lug nuts loose and retorqued. Never know when one of those will freeze up. We are ready!

Well, I gotta work a bit today, not sure what else I might get into. Have a good one.

Charlie

· Registered
10,511 Posts
Good morning all. It’s raining in Indy (this is a recording) and 43 heading for near 50. Julie’s off to some defensive shooting thing this morning. Must have something to do with shooting in the rain.

Biscuits and gravy looming. Have a good day.

· Registered
7,403 Posts
Good morning from the cold rainy sticks of Kentucky. We finally got some rain 1.2 inches but it has really helped grass grow...western Ky received 3 or more inches. I have turned the Damcows in on a pasture field and they are good for a couple days without hay.
It is misting a bit now and i see the entire East coast got a lot of rain and storms.

I have reserved 2 seats in the Tree cutting exhibition, kinda like seats to watch a train wreck. Good luck. Did i see MPC post? Hope he's ok.

Some of us don't have much hair on top of our heads. Here's an easy fix.

· Registered
2,238 Posts
Good Morning

Late for breakfast - again !! 41 only going to 46 with spotty mist, cold and wet for an old fart!! Made a trip thru Mansfield yesterday only spending a little bit this time. Got close to 1.5 of rain yesterday on top of the 2 the night before anyway the grass around the house could keep JR's danmcows for a couple of days, just leave that bull at home he had a look in his eye that I'm afraid of!!! Be safe and Prayers to those and country. Mike

· Registered
2,210 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 43º and Sunny here headed for the upper 60's. Looks like it will be nice for the next several days.

I came home from deer camp yesterday, a day earlier than I planned. It rained and stormed all day Thursday and the woods were flooded. I didn't hear a Turkey and neither did anyone else. Just sloppy and miserable.

They finished the Kitchen before I left and the Wife just about has it arranged like She wants. The new dining table and chairs were delivered yesterday.

Our Family is having our Easter today. My Boys, the DIL's, all the Grandkids, My Mom, one SIL, the whole gang. The Wife is excited, She will get to try out Her kitchen!

Skruske, you be careful with those trees. Thats a dangerous job.

You'all have a good one!

· Registered
5,111 Posts
late morning all. Was 29 when I got up, saw a low of 26 on the pickup thermo. Got to 70 yesterday, not today, the wind is going to blow about half that though!:eek:
Already got chores done and cows checked, now to get some get up and go, think I'll try to get one sprinkler serviced before lunch. The first one is always the hardest... just getting started is the hardest :rolleyes:.
A couple coyotes got shot...AT, this morning. When my AR started messing up I switched and put the 22 hornet in the pickup, amazing how far short it shoots when a 'yote is on the run. But I did whack a p-dog with it yesterday!
We went to the Good Friday service last night, was really good but getting home late sure slowed us down this morning!
Better get back at it, you all have a great and safe day. Happy Easter to you all too.
GOD BLESS. Dean

· Registered
7,588 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. At least as I start to type it's still 3 minutes before noon. Temps started around 39 this morning and are only at 43 now with rain, rain, rain. Weather folks earlier this morning had pictures of a light snow somewhere within 15-20 miles of Louisville. We've had 2-3 inches of rain since Thursday night.

Carl, thanks for telling AC that we could use some senior humor and wisdom down in Somerset. Maybe he'll make it another time. As for the photo of the kayak fisherman, I should copy that and use it as my avatar here because that's a dandy carp being held up. And I can definitely see that bruiser towing the kayak around, which makes accurate casting pretty difficult. I still need some spring pond pictures from you, preferably including fish.

I'd have checked in earlier this morning, but I got shanghaied (sp?) into helping my wife rearrange our church sanctuary for Easter. Lots of carrying and arranging flowers, plus other things.

Y'all have a good day and be careful if you're taking down a big oak tree ... or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.