Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
14,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did make it in the woods this morning. Running late and didn't make it to the stand and saw a deer feeding. It was a small 8, seen movement beside him and it was a bigger 8, 1 I'd shot if it had been a little closer. They spared a little and then just fed. Seen 2 more smaller bucks below them and watched as the fed across the ridge. Thats what I get for being late...lol
Turned around and headed to another spot and saw a whole heard of turkeys running toward me, bet there was 50...and had 7 Tom's following but they was taking their time...lol.
Got a pic of the Tom's about 200 yards away and let them go on down the hill. After a few, I walked down the hill and walked up to about 30 yards of the toms.strutting...hens and little 1 was below them. Setting here now watching them about 100 yards down the hill just chill'in...lol
Branch Twig Wood Plant Bird

Attachments

· Registered
2,242 Posts
Just getting out there makes it all worthwhile. Congrats on a “great hunt”.

Reactions: hedgehoghunter

· Registered
1 Posts
Your picture is not clear so I can't figure it out

· Registered
1 Posts
It's always fun to encounter a heard of turkeys, it sounds like you had quite the experience with those Tom's! It's great that you were able to get a picture of them and let them go on their way. And getting that close to them is always a treat, it's amazing to see them strutting and watch their behavior.
If you're looking for new fishing gear or accessories, be sure to check out Fly Fishing Deals. They always have great discounts on fishing equipment and accessories, so you can get everything you need without breaking the bank.
Thanks for sharing your hunting adventure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts