Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well another cold and kids stuck in the house again today,Like to know what I did to deserve this?Another cold and just plan nasty day ahead. Maybe can go out later and do some tracking and see if I CAN GET UP A YOTE or Two. Hope you all are having a good one and glad you are up and afe reading this , that is a good think.
Mike Murphy

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Good Morning Mike and GGVG er's=

Well alright then=
Got the 22 Dasher burning some powder
looks promising
goin' to the Reloading Dungeon to roll up some more
boolits, hoping for calm winds today for load developement
have a great day
over and out
Doc :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Mike (Always Trust Me ) Murphy & Crew

Good morning folks! We had buckled down for a winter storm and instead of bad weather it was 48 degrees here last night when we went to bed, just 40 miles up the road they were having icey conditions, go figure! :confused: Wakey wakey up boys and girls get up and get at it! I hope you all have a great day today!

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Mornin' folks

Warming up nicely here! Up almost 10 degrees from yesterday....-3 right now with only a light breeze.

I'll take the camera with me today when I do a lap through my telco exchanges. I've seen several Bald Eagles in the area, perhaps one will present itself for a portrait :D

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Mordid Murph...

So U have a code id da dose? Sorry, buddy.

We have 7" of fresh powder and single digit degrees right now. That oughta get the yotes stirring around!

Tomorrow I gotta get up with doc (i.e., early squirrely) and head to the airport. I have an interview in Hickory NC for a "real" job. Wish me luck!!:D

Well, I feel like I've been in a pissing match with a skunk...I shoulda known better.:rolleyes:

Y'all have a great "hump" day!

P.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Mornin' folks

I'll take the camera with me today when I do a lap through my telco exchanges. I've seen several Bald Eagles in the area, perhaps one will present itself for a portrait :D
That would be nice! Hope to see a pic if you get lucky!

P.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Murph & Tha GGVG Gang

A goooooooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a warmer
Southern, Ky. 30.9 degrees here this morning and we missed all the
snow that went to the northern/eastern parts of Ky. The wind blew
yesterday/last night like I have not heard in a while, long, hard &
constant. Murph good to see you up and attum this morning and
thinking about exterminating Coyotes. ;) Reckon you can find a
Ruger or two to do them in with ?;) Now that Ken is back to work,
I guess that Mary Ann has full time duty trying to teach "Douglas H"
how to hunt/call/shoot Coyotes. :D Hey, got around 500 rounds loaded
yesterday for the 222 Mag (Tomcat) for the 07 Prairie Dog Safari. Got
about 200 more for the other 222 Mag (IMproved) and I will have both
of those rifles ready to go. Already got the 204 pretty well ready to go,
just like the ammo for the two 220 Swifts, and the canopy maybe next
week for "Tha War Wagon", and I am ready for Safari 07 !:cool: Greyfox
picked up some powder for me yesterday and when I pick that up Friday
I will get heavy on the .220 Swift ammo. Had to laugh yesterday, while
loading the ammo for the 222 Mag (Tomcat) using 40 grian Sierra BK's,
got my left fore finger bit just a little seating those tiny pills. Boy did the
right hand ever stop on the Dillon 650 crank when my left finger got bit.
Jerked up a little blood blister, smarted just a bit, and touchy this morning.
Looking forward to a visit Friday with "Tha Grefox". Good luck Doc with your
22 Dasher ! HOpe each of you has a great day today. Walk with a smile &
the assurance that God loves every one of you. God Bless.....

Don M.

·
Registered
9,374 Posts
I see where Ft Wayne has a PLUS 4* - a veritable heat wave, especially since that 20-30 wind has finally lost some punch. Too cold for me.......

Hickory you say? That puts you about 5 hrs away from here, but is really going to play hobs with your PD trip(s). Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It should get mid 50's here today

Still having computer problems , will have a new one monday, and if this one can be fixed I'll give it to one of my sons . Don't know when this one will quit. Art

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Mr. Paul

So U have a code id da dose? Sorry, buddy.

We have 7" of fresh powder and single digit degrees right now. That oughta get the yotes stirring around!

Tomorrow I gotta get up with doc (i.e., early squirrely) and head to the airport. I have an interview in Hickory NC for a "real" job. Wish me luck!!:D

Well, I feel like I've been in a pissing match with a skunk...I shoulda known better.:rolleyes:

Y'all have a great "hump" day!

P.

Well if you land the job in Hickory, NC. that would put you about 7 1/2 hours
from here. I worked for a firm out of Greensboro for about 8 years. Long way
to comute to work (for me). Just put a few miles more for you to go on the annual PD Safari. MIght even have to stop by here on your way ! :eek:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Goood Morning - Varmint a Go Go'ers

.. hope you all have a great day

.. just think, it won't be long until the grass will need attention

:)
:)

.. ya'll turn2

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I'm headed to Florida!

Well, the day's finally here, guys! I"m pumped! Can you tell???? Fly to Fort Lauderdale today, do a little work tonight and then until noon tomorrow. Then my lady flies down to join me for five full days in the Florida Keys hunting saltwater varmints. Spinning gear and about 30 pounds of lures all packed and ready to go.

Doc, I'll see if I can't get some new pictures of Cindy with various exotic saltwater fish as I believe you enjoyed that shot of her with the white bass. ;)

Don, I got the package you sent with the thongs. I appreciate it a lot, but if it's all the same to you, I'm only gonna take the new ones on this trip. And I'm not returning them, either. You did keep at least one or two for your own use, right? Oh, and I'll return the diamond-shaped blue pills that somehow were mistakenly put in with the thongs. I hope that's not your blood pressure medicine or anything like that. :confused:

Workman, keep the posts coming in regard to how cold and windy it is in your area while I'm gone. I'll try to log on every few days and will really enjoy knowing you're freezing your arse off while I'm walking barefoot on the sand. :D

Jones

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Well if you land the job in Hickory, NC. that would put you about 7 1/2 hours
from here. I worked for a firm out of Greensboro for about 8 years. Long way
to comute to work (for me). Just put a few miles more for you to go on the annual PD Safari. MIght even have to stop by here on your way ! :eek:
Well, if it works out, I'll be based here at home - traveling to their clients to conduct training and construction assistance of their new products. And, I may wind up getting back into technical training development, which is a love of mine...Don't know why I got into construction...Just evolved, I guess.

We'll seeeeeeeee!:)

P.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Workman, keep the posts coming in regard to how cold and windy it is in your area while I'm gone. I'll try to log on every few days and will really enjoy knowing you're freezing your arse off while I'm walking barefoot on the sand. :D

Jones
Ya know...You can really be an SOB sometimes!:D Ah...The COLD is my friend...the cold is my friend...the cold is my friend...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.