Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Nancy's State of the union address

748 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Terry N. 
#1 ·
It's TRUE that the Speaker of the House is in charge of all invitations to speak before a joint session of Congress.... However.... the President has the Constitutional right to call for a special session at ANY time. He also has the right to require all members of the House and Senate to be there, no matter where in the world they are. I think Trump should call for it the day AFTER Nancy heads out of town!
The last President to call for one was Harry Truman, a democrat.

Steven

#3 ·
Nancy Pelosi?

Nancy Pelosi is the most "taxidermist ready" critter I've ever seen. She already looks like her hide has been tanned! ALL those critters in either the House or the Senate, over the age of 70, ought to be run off due to possible impending senility. What we currently have in office NOW, ON BOTH SIDES, is proof enough that the old bass turds are incapable of handling the job!
I'm seventy-four, bull-headed as hell and just as conservative but I wouldn't want to be doing that job after the age of 70. There are also at least 150 women in the House of Representatives: May God help us!! They're all crazy and Pelosi & Ocasio-Cortez are prime examples of that. They haven't the backbone to make the "hard" decisions. They want to 'mother' everything, except probably their own husbands, if they're lucky enough to have one!:rolleyes:
Darrel

#6 ·
She could be a poster child for term limits. They should be restricted to 8 years in office and mandatory retirement at 65. I

I read someplace that there were something like 89 people in her group when Mr Trump canceled her trip. It would have been a good start if he had let them go and then canceled the return flight. Oh well,, missed opportunity.

#7 ·
Term limits

All senators and house members should be term-limited. It would discourage
them from becoming career politicians largely motivated by getting reelected and encouraging new blood in government by qualified people who would likely want the jobs to get stuf done.

Ps, the retirement salary situation should be seriously looked at and changes to it voted on by the public.

Pps. How is it that the president is term limited, but senators and representatives aren't?

#8 ·
Pps. How is it that the president is term limited, but senators and representatives aren't?
Because they're the ones who would have to submit and vote on the legislation! Such a bill would not only be Dead On Arrival, but whoever proposed it would be blacklisted!

What we need is a national referendum on Congressional term limits Draft the legislation, specify that it MUST be passed as-written, with no changes, and then let the people vote on it. Oh yeah, add a clause about congresscritters not being allowed to exempt themselves from future legislation, either!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.