Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. I have a local guy that wants my Martin OM-21 Acoustic.. He's offering to trade an '04 Royal Enfield 500 Bullet for the guitar and $600 (about $1600 worth of trade).. 'Seems kindof cheap even for a real paper-weight.. It's a nice lookin bike, kindof like an old military job with a bunch of accessories.. I don't have a use in the world for it but was curious if it was something that could/should be otherwise dealt with..
.. Whatchyathink.? I know squat about these things.. :confused: d:^) Jake

PS- If this is an "open forum" does that mean I can drop the "OT" designation from in front of my seemingly endless OT posts.?

·
Registered
79 Posts
That 04 Royal Enfield was made in India, it's an extremely old design only somewhat updated to comply with more recent safety laws, you would probably have a little difficulty selling it, I don't think there is much of a market for it, so if you think you could sell it easily, forget it.

My personal opinion is not to trade for it unless you have a specific use for it since you would probably have some trouble unloading (selling) it.

Caution: This advice is worth exactly what you paid for it...nothing! :)

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I agree with Wingman

A Martin OM is sweet, keep it.

That RE thing is 50-60 year old design/technology, and they are only listing 3 dealers in all of NC. If you are used to modern Japanese, American or European bikes - it ain't the same animal. 22HP out of a 500cc? My 1966-vintage Ducati Diana 250cc single was rated higher than that, I think 24HP, and probably weighs half as much. RE's were never that big in the US even back in the day, couldn't touch a Norton, Triumph or BSA. Hope this link comes through:
http://www.royalenfield.com/app/US/Products/BulletMilitary.asp

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eeeyikes.!!

.. Whot a bomb.. Thanks fellas.. I thought it sounded a little too easy.. It's a bit much for a paper-weight, also..

..Concerning the Martin, I get the guitar bug every 5 or so years.. It's been happenin since I was 14.. I just won't dedicate myself to playing like I do shooting/hunting.. And I like nice toys so this was one of the aquisitions from the last go around.. No sentimental value to me but a great piece to play.. :cool: d:^) Jake

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I really do understand. I have a Tacoma Parlor in Brazilian (not Indian) rosewood, and developed tendonitis in my left elbow 5 years ago. I can mess around playing for maybe 10 minutes before the elbow gets upset and I can 't finger chords anymore. My son plays, so he will get it eventually.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I flew accross the country to ride one ;o)

I rode one in Utah and appreciated it for what it is. No speed bike, but a retro that has found it's way back. I'm the blurry guy and I took the clear shot of the owner of this bullet. If you are really curious, I could hook you up with him to discuss the bike. If anybody would know, he would and he is a good guy.

The REAL owner... SLC in background.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Don`t!

Don`t do it unless you have the bug for one of these. A fellow I flew Helos with now works at the lumber store here. He thinks it is the bee`s knees but it`s a pile of crap. It`s only a year and a half old and is rusting, smokes, is slow, and where will he get parts in a few years?
He paid a lot for it too. I`m thinking 5500 or some crazy thing.
Proof that us helo flyin types ain`t too bright.....

Some buy indian made cycles, some buy guns.

"I used most of my money drinking, fighting and whoring,.. the rest I wasted"

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dunno, Pete..

.. Like I said I don't have a use in the world for it.. But at that price it sounded like something that had to be checked into for maybe someone else.. Heck, some "theme restaurant" might would pay that price to hang it from the ceiling or some such silliness.. I've heard of stranger things.. :p :D

..The one this guy had didn't have any chrome on it and had a bunch of accessories..

..It's sounding like something to be avoided, tho'.. Unless somebody had a taste for one of those in particular for reasons unknown.. The Martin will be a little easier to sell here in Bluegrass country.. Thanks.!! d:^) Jake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts