Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been quite down here in GA. I have a 336 30/30 that I have lost/destroyed the rear sight. I have a Redfield base and had thought about simply mounting a 4x32 scope and be done with it. Later I thought a good peep setup may work better and the scout scope option came up. What have you guys used with sucess on lever guns in the woods?

Thanks fellers!!

Scott

·
Registered
12,530 Posts

Just been quite down here in GA. I have a 336 30/30 that I have lost/destroyed the rear sight. I have a Redfield base and had thought about simply mounting a 4x32 scope and be done with it. Later I thought a good peep setup may work better and the scout scope option came up. What have you guys used with sucess on lever guns in the woods?

Thanks fellers!!

Scott
2x7 if ya got one. if not that 4x will be fine.......glad to see your back james :)

·
Registered
946 Posts

My 336 has a old Redfield 4x32.:D
It works real well
Good Luck
Kenny

·
Registered
626 Posts
Scott:

I used to have a Marlin 336 in .35 Remington that I put a Weaver V4.5 on. It was a very handy outfit for woods hunting..

By the way.. You still have your Suhl and have you been doing any shooting..??

Dave Smith

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott:

I used to have a Marlin 336 in .35 Remington that I put a Weaver V4.5 on. It was a very handy outfit for woods hunting..

By the way.. You still have your Suhl and have you been doing any shooting..??

Dave Smith
Yea I still have it but have not shot it much. To tell the truth I have not shot any of my accurate stuff in a good while, life has got in the way! You still playing the rimfire game?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The Ashley Ghost Ring sight would be excellent on a 336.
hotcap

·
Registered
626 Posts
Scott:

Yea I am.. But with the cost of gas and ammo, and with the fact that there is only one range around here, I am not shooting as much as I would like to..
Hopefully a couple more range will become available without have to drive 200 miles to get to them..

Stay in touch..

Dave

·
Registered
258 Posts
336 sights

I have two Marlin 336's.
The 30-30 wears a Weaver V4.5 and the 44Mag has a Lyman receiver sight.
Drill out the insert or remove it completely, you don't need target accuracy on a woods gun.
Either will do the job if the operator is up to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts