Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got ahold of any of the new CCI 22 mag ammo I've heard about? It's suppossed to be a 30 grain ballistic tip. Is it available yet? Hoping for some info. Thanks, Gapmaster :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I haven't heard about it but would love to try some. When I first bought my Marlin 22 mag, I bought a case of the CCI +V and it was awesome for starlings and crows. I did have problems stopping ground hogs, the lighter bullet would not anchor them near as well as the 40gr CCI would. I have since tried the Win. Supreme and it is the most accurate I have tried as of yet. But I haven't shot them regularly due to the large quantity of the regular CCI's I have had on hand.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Dont know if any is avail. yet.........

Someone told me February or March, it will be on sale. Cant remember where I heard or read that, so dont quote me....:)

Here is a link to look at it from CCI's website.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/default.asp?menu=1&s1=2

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
30 gr VMax WMR

There's been a lot of chatter about it on rimfire central. I hope it's as good as the Rem Premier VMax. Don't know the velocity of the Rem round but it's pretty effective on small critters. The CCI would be almost twice the weight of the HMR and only about 300 fps slower. Lotta' guys watching for it at the online retailers. It would also be nice if it wasn't quite as "spendy" as the Rem which is sneaking up on $15 a box. My WMRS all seem to have expensive tastes.............

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ammo costs

Ya. I know what ya mean. I have always flipped a coin to see what to buy, 22 mag ammo or 17 hmr ammo. Between the both of them it can get spendy. I have really been happy with the 22 mag though. The 17 hmr is more accurate but my 22 mag kills really well with the remington premiers. I have got to the point where sometimes I am not in the mood to reload my larger calibers. (I get lazy about it sometimes) :) The 22 mag I just grab a box and go. The weight of the rifle is nice too so I seem to have alot of fun with the rimfires. Getting to where I like the mag rimfire more and more. Hope the price on the new ammo is a little cheaper like you guys mentioned. Don :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
.22 Win mag ammo....

I used to buy everything I could get my hands on regarding .22 WMR ammo, I have shot just about everything! The Remington Premier is the cat's arse for trajectory and accuracy, but decided that the tarriff is "too steep". The next stuff that I had "great experiences" w/ was the Winchester Supreme 34 gn. JHP. Holy mother of...is that stuff devastating!!!! I would have sworn I was shooting a .223!!!! I have "divided" half grown cottontails @ 125 yds w/ that stuff. The accuracy in my Ruger 77/22M is "exceptional" to say the least. My 2 cents worth...Good shooting, Russ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.