Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys ,or girls, handled one of the new remingtons 799? I have been looking for a 222 ever since i traded mine for a 25/06. I thought bigger was better. But now im cured and wanting to replace it. How does it feel ,like a toy or a real gun, cycle, shoot, and look? Also what is the trigger like is it a 700 trigger? THanks to everyone , Ollie

·
Registered
303 Posts

ollie, I am wanting a 222 also. I had a Remington 799 in my hands today at the local gun store. I loved the feel of the gun, little/lightweight, quick and easy handling.Felt like my Browning Micro Hunter. Beautiful wood grain, really nice looking. The bolt had a cable zip tie holding it shut. I asked the clerk to cut it so I could cycle the action. He did, as he stated it is gonna be tight. Tight wasn't the word for it, stuck would better describe it. It was really rough. The bolt is short and tiny and the bolt ball is very tiny. The action would defintely have to be worked over with flitz or something to smooth it out. But, dang it, after all that said, I still want one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts