Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty new to this game. I am hunting in New Hanover, Pender, Columbus, Brunswick, and Bladen countys. Does anyone have any pointers or tricks they will share with me? I have a Mojo Critter, Mad Calls Howler Primos KiYi, and the sceery eastern call kit. I am hunting wih a 243 Winchester. I have called up many Hawks, but no foxes or coyotes. I know I have both in the area because I have caught them in traps. I need help.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Try early morning while everyone else is asleep, but don't expect results like you see on those Randy Anderson DVDs. The eastern coyotes I see are Never hungry; they only respond to curiosity or a challenge.

·
Registered
299 Posts
All I can say is..

..Be persistant.. They are there.. But Eastern calling is a different ball'o'wax from what ya see in most videos.. Then again there's a lot of similarities.. (Byron South territory looks similar to some of mine) The videos are a good place ta start, tho'.. You'll just hafta keep messin with it till ya figure what works for you in your area..

.. Just remember, the only advantages over these guys that we have are our brains and a little technology.. In all other areas we're at a big disadvantage.. And a little luck never hurt anybody.!! :D

Have at it.!! d:^) Jake

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.