Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not been on the board much recently, It's been a rough couple of weeks around here lately. My sister in law,{wife's sister} had a little girl last January. The sister, would top a list of unfit mothers if there was one. The good part is, she knows she's unfit and wants whats best for her daughter. After Tess was born she signed over parental rights to her parents with the parents planning the adopt her. Grandma and Grandpa are in thier 50's and are not in the best health.

Fast forward to now, Grandma and Grandpa have gotten a taste of what the next 18 years are going to be like and are getting cold feet. My wife and I have wanted to step in but were afraid of insulting her parents. About two weeks ago we got the phone call. Tess is with us now and doing very well, she will have two sisters now that she can grow up with and parents that can keep up with her and don't smoke in the house. We have an appointment this Wensday with our lawyer to start the temporary custody/adoption process.

The bad part about all this is, my wife's family is pretty unstable. I don't mean some of them, I mean ALL of them. Right now everybody is agreeable and very happy that Tes is with us, but that could change in a minute. One argument between Grandma and Grandpa {who BTW are divorced living under the same roof} could change everything. Right now we have no legal claim to Tess and don't have a leg to stand on if they want to take her back. I doubt it will happen, and even if it dose I think we could make a pretty good case to child protective services, who are very aware of the situation. I just hope they can all stay sane until we have something in writing. Say some prayors for us and that wonderful little girl.

My daughter Jillian on the left, Tess on the right.

·
Registered
423 Posts
prayers on the way.........

it's a noble thing you and your wife are doing....I hope it works out for YOUR family and the little girl.
They both are real cuties!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you're gonna need it! Been thinkin' about you lately. Gimme a call if you need to talk, or wanna get out for awhile.

Charlie
I got a feeling I'm going to need to get out a right good bit in the comming years. Four women in the house!!! My luck thier cycles will cover the whole month.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Done

Us grown up people can climb out of where ever we end up at (99.9% of things) we have control over our life, it's the children who suffer from the trash in the world. Good luck, and enjoy them

Clint

·
Registered
11 Posts
You and your wife are great people. I pray that the inlaws don't change their minds as they'll have a bunch of varmint hunters pissed at em.Best wishes and remember, if the woman(women) isn't happy, then neither are you:;)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Good Luck

You've done a brave thing. Good on ya. You have my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything, you've but to tell me.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Absolutely. I may be facing a somewhat similar situation sometime soon, so I can empathize. Just resolve to do the best you can for Tess as long as you can and try to let God worry about the rest, OK? Otherwise, you'll worry yourself absolutely sick with the "what ifs."

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Sir, I will gladly pray for you, simply because you will be raising three girls, LOL!!

I have a neighbor who raised six children of his own, a niece and nephew after their folks died in a car wreck, and now has a grandchild that his oldest daughter did not want. That same daughter has since had another child, and he is trying to get that one as well. I consider him and his wife saints.:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
The best of luck to you and

your family and may God bless all of you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Phil, lets meet up at the Sportmans Show in couple of weeks!!!!
Charlie
I got your pm Charlie. I don't know if I'll be able to get away for a day yet or not. I'm going to try like crazy.

Thanks to all, I don't know how it will all pan out, but the prayers will help. Grandma was over here this evening and she seemed ok. I told her she looked better than she had in a long time. She's the kind of gal that likes to be told how good she looks. Phil

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.