Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Wanted to thank ya'll for all the info earlier. I appreciate it beings this is my first rifle i am putting together. I am SUPER EXCITED!, I went and picked up my new Precision Varminter today. I love it.....i def. got the fever. Cant wait to get a scope and mount and fire some downrange! Haven't stopped smiling yet! Haha

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a Burris 8x32 SS in Fine Hairs for $400 and the guy is sending it to me to see how I like it. So i guess i can't lose there..... I am gonna put it in some Burris Sig. rings on top of burris bases. I also have the harris bipod coming along w/ some brass and bullets to get a lil help reloading with.
As for Gunsmithing..... i am new to this....and this is the first rifle i am putting together....any suggestions for any minor things that could be significant? Thanks again for all the help guys.....! This is my new favorite site!!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Your main objective now is.....

to work up a good safe ACCURATE handload. When you are ready for this magnificent adventure; there are plenty onboard here to help. Maybe even help TOO much. Log into the powder websites and download their loading data for free if you havent already. That is a good start. Then look for a powder that nearly fills the case and gives the best velocity with the bullet you choose. For a benchmark I always go buy a couple boxes of factory ammo just to see what it can do. I always better the accuracy of factory, but it gives a good starting point. Always here to help guide and entertain. Good luck and may the Prarie Dogs bark at you!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.