Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Nikon going to introduce new Monarch scopes for 2007? Somewhere I heard they will be, and the changes will include a side-focus feature like on the Buckmaster scopes. Can anyone confirm this? I'm thinking of buying one, but wondering if I should wait to see if they are updated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Love my Buckmaster

Don't know about the new Monarch's, but I have a 6-18 Buckmaster with the side focus feature and it's one of the best scope's I've ever had.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes........thats what I heard too !! I just bought my first two Monarchs yesterday...both 6-20 Targets.....got them from Midway....now I see SWFA has them reduced to $326 for the same Nikon #6575.....I paid $350 each at Midway...I thought Midway might price match.......NOT !!!!! SWFA will price match 110%...Any one looking at Nikons should take a peek at SWFA.....Monarch looks like a premium scope.....

·
Registered
288 Posts
I will have to agree on the new SF Buckmasters . I think they are the best low range price scope on the market right now. I had sworn I'd never own another one after a ordeal with one years back but I just bought one for a Savage custom 6mm-284 Sporter and I love it!

Rodney

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nikons

I got one of the new Nikon Buckmasters(6-18x)m with the "Side Focus",
and agree this is a VERY good scope. I am not impressed with my
Monarch 5.5-16.5x, but this Buckmaster sure is impressive. After
this one, I probably will not buy adjustable objectives, that are
not "side" adjusted.

Squeeze

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Nikon Buckmaster S.F.

I bought one of these from The Optic Zone ( one of our Board Sponsors ) a while ago when they had a Special going on . BTW , Jon is an excellent guy to deal with . I was able to do some preliminary Resolution Tests and compared them to some of my best Scopes . These Tests were all done at 16X ( or 15X in some cases ). These Side-Focus Nikons are a great buy !

·
Registered
726 Posts
Jeff, there was some news today about these scopes from the Shot Show

The NRANews radio staff interviewed a Nikon rep at the Shot Show today about the new Monarch scopes. The rep went to great lengths to emphasize that the new scopes are a totally new design, and not any kind of upgrade to the existing Monarch scopes.

He said that all the new Monarchs have a 4 x magnification range. For example, the 4-12 and 3-9 are being replaced by a new 3-12x model. And the new varmint model will be a 6-24x

He also said that the new scopes will offer an amazine 4 inches of eye relief! Wow, that is truely awesome. And he showed how these scopes will also be side focus models.

Sadly, he did not go into more detail. But the 3-12x model he was holding sure looked awesome!

Lance in Oregon

·
Registered
1 Posts
There must be some negatives to a four power zoom over a three power zoom, no? Maybe heavier glass or less light transmission through more glass. That 3 x 12 sounds great, but I'd like to know if there are any drawbacks over their current 3x9 Monarch as a calling scope. Several makers are doing the four power zoom now and I wonder why it started all of a sudden. I'm thinking the eye relief would not be a constant four inches up to 12 power, no?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Overall Scope Magnification Range

It is considerably cheaper to make a factor- 3 / Range Scope ( 4X-12X than a Factor / 4 Scope (4X-16X) of the same optical Quality . And I understand that those of us who shoot in low light conditions and close-up , need the lower magnification . For that matter , for the type of shooting I do , I would be perfectly happy with a quality 2X Scope ( which could be made cheaper ) .... say 16X-32X or so , with a NP-R1 or MP-8 Type Reticle , and maybe a 44MM Objective so it would fit Low . But most Scope Makers are like bullet makers : they tend to follow the leader . Maybe we will get a 4X-40X 100MM Scope soon ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
These new Nikons are certainly worth my look..

.. just maybe, China kicking Jap butt right about now in the market place possibly we'll see some very good buys out of Japan firms, and the Jap quality is undoubtedbly superior. Just my thoughts, right or wrong?

·
Registered
113 Posts
It would be nice if they would up the erector travel to 60+"'s rather than the typical under 50"'s of travel. A mid height target turret would be nice as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The New Redfields came out with 5x (3x15) last year so everyone is trying to keep up. I see Swarovski I think now has 6x (3x18) scopes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The New Redfields came out with 5x (3x15) last year so everyone is trying to keep up. I see Swarovski I think now has 6x (3x18) scopes. Iv'e always wanted a wider range for a do-it-all scope. Its about time!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Jeff,

The new Monarchs will be coming in a 2.5-10x42, 2.5-10x50, 3-12x42, 4-16x42, 5-20x50 and a 6-24x50. The larger scopes will have side focus. We do not have a lot of information, but you can see the pictures and prices on our website. You can go to www.theopticzone.com/nikonscopes.aspx.

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
[email protected]
When do you expect them???

I've bought several of the 6x18 buckmaster SFs from you.... need a couple more scopes soon.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Just wondering (hoping)

Are they going to come out with a 36X or something like that too? I'd heard they were considering it over 2 years ago but nothing yet. Just wondering if they've got it mastered yet.

Anyone heard anything about that?? WD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts