Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the Jan issue of "Guns and Ammo" because of an article on TC. TC is going to make a new bolt rifle called the Icon. Really nice looking wood in the photo, and has an external adjustment for the trigger. Author said the trigger could be taken down to 2 1/2 lbs. TCs going to produce it in the usual calibers 243, 22-250 and 308. What is really interesting is that they are also going to make it in a caliber called 30 TC. Supposed to mirror the ballistics of the 30-06, but without the recoil. Wonder what cartridge it'll be based on. Supposed to be an article on the 30 TC in the March G&A.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
TCs going to produce it in the usual calibers 243, 22-250 and 308.
These calibers are use the .473" bolt face. Maybe they will provide some calibers with the small (duce) face so we can barrel it for the 17s, 20s, and .224s??

IN any case, I'm delighted to hear there is a new bolt gun in town!:D

P.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It's going to be interesting to see what comes out of T/C in the near future, since Smith & Wesson bought them in Nov/Dec. One thing for certain, is that I look for their traditional sidelock muzzleloaders to go away. Everyone wants the stainless/synthetic inline muzzleloaders - everyone except people like me, anyway.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Looks like they have put a really nice stock on the Icon. I look forward to seeing one soon.:D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Didn't S&W market a Howa rifle as a S&W 1500 a few years back? Maybe the same kind of situation where they'll use an existing maker/design instead of tooling up a new line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts