Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've waited for the 17HMR to die a slow death but it doesn't look like that is going to happen, now I want one. From what I've read, real accuracy is hit or miss unless I buy a Cooper, Kimber, or Anschutz.

I do not want to buy 3 or 4 cheaper guns to find one that will shoot.

This new Weatherby is supposed to be made by Anschutz. I'm wondering if I could expect Anny accuracy without the price.
Anyone have any experience with the new XXII?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Weatherby XXII

Kyle , I have not heard about Weatherby re-introducing the XXII . The old XXII was my favorite semi-auto 22 , and I would sure be interested in something similar in 17 HMR . Is the new one a Semi-auto ? and what is the street Price listed ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weatherby has it on their website, and I've seen them in a 2006 summer catalog.
It's a bolt action. Street price somewhere around $750 new.
Other than that, I can't seem to find much real information.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My experience is different from what you're describing. I don't think I've seen one .17 HMR that wasn't an excellent shooter. Cheap or costly, fancy or plain, they all seem to shoot awfully well. My $200 Marlin will average .6" at 100 yards, and has shot a few groups under a half-inch. I don't think more $$$ will change that much, not for rimfires shooting factory ammo. Of all the HMRs out there, the only ones I've heard of, that were "iffy" have been Rugers, which DO seem to have a spotty reputation, the Marlins and others are all pretty good.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Well I've waited for the 17HMR to die a slow death but it doesn't look like that is going to happen, now I want one. From what I've read, real accuracy is hit or miss unless I buy a Cooper, Kimber, or Anschutz.

I do not want to buy 3 or 4 cheaper guns to find one that will shoot.

This new Weatherby is supposed to be made by Anschutz. I'm wondering if I could expect Anny accuracy without the price.
Anyone have any experience with the new XXII?

Thanks
Kyle, why don’t you check out Rimfire Central? If anybody knows something about a new rimfire those boys sure should; Worth a try, anyways. http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/
It sure looks like an Annie with the 64 action.
Larry

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ditto's

My experience is different from what you're describing. ...My $200 Marlin will average .6" at 100 yards, and has shot a few groups under a half-inch. I don't think more $$$ will change that much, not for rimfires shooting factory ammo.
My Marlin has been devastating on PD's and ground squirrels here. It had a trigger job. Now, I have to pry it out of my 16 yr olds hands to get a chance with it though.
Guess I need another one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.