Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Birddog Pleasure Dome and shooting Sports extravanganza had a nice sunday shoot. The Mirage was terible in the a. m. with the warm sun heating the frozen ground. Temperatures came above freezing and guns actually started shooting better. a few 400 yd. eggs actually were hit after the temps reached into the 40's for the first time in days. Junebug and i opened the range about 9 a.m. and stayed untill dark. We were joined later in the day by John Kruzan who brought his new coopers in 223 and 22-250 A. I. I drooled over the A. I. Junebug shot his Salvage LRP and custom 7 mm wsm. the salvage is for the 200 yd factory class at BBBuck Creek.
I went home and got my 700 police special 308 and did some 200 yd egg testing myself. I guess it will be my factory gun. later in the day the Birddog Range was honored by a visit from two world class shooters , James Phillips and Teresa King. James tried junebugs 7 wsm at 500 yd. on ground hogs and 400 yd. prarie dog, then took one shot at an egg at 400 yd. and made a egg kill. 180 bergers make a spectular hit on eggs. Greyfox and Doc Stone could not make it yesterday.
Waiting anxiously for my 6mm dasher to arrive this week. Junebug has a farley rest scheduled to arrive today. Junebug won a squirrel shooting contest saturday at Smithville, tn. 10 squirrels had to be turned in by 1 P.M. -- two man teams. the prize is based on the heaviest weight of the ten squirrels. also the squirrels must be head shot. Prize money was around $750. June bug shot 8 squirrels in the eye and his team won the weight competition by two ounces and won the head shoot competition also. Junebug also won at frog gigging competion last summer and a fishing tournament. This guy is a regular davy crockett, daniel boone.
yesterday we were at the country store eating lunch when junebug spotted a coyote in a field about 400 yds. away. He ran to his truck and took off managing to get a shot at the running coyote but it got away. every one have a nice day. Need to go clean some guns. . Doc your switch barrel vice will be ready Tuesday. John smith was at my house last night. He went to Nashville yesterday to get a tool he needed to finish it.
Congrats to Coyote Joe Carter , jr. ky, who got a double on coyotes yesterday. Great picture on the varmint forum. Coyote George is getting behind with you taking two at a time. I am envious.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Can't keep ahead of the Ole Birdog=

Well alright then=
Sounds like a good time was had by all @ The Birdog Pleasure Outpost
and Shootin' gallery yesterday. I'm crushed I could not be there but had to
get presentations ready for 3 continuing education seminars I'm doing today..
Believe it or not subject is Dentistry not shootin' GUNS :D
I've got a decent start now w/ my new 22 Dasher just got to get some more
bullets to try and refine loads.. Learned to turn necks-interesting=
Got to be a Dentist this week for a change so =
over and out
Doc :)

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Bird Dog & GGVG Friends

A gooooooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a warmer
Southern, Ky. 31.8* here this morning. It actually got about freezing
yesterday for the first day in a while at around 48*. Bird Dog, sounds
like you fellows had a good time and a good shoot yesterday. I do
believe you fellows have "tha bug" bad ! And, thats good !;) I sure
did enjoy my visit (too short though :( ) with Greyfox last Friday.
Had a good relaxing weekend, with a Turkey Shoot at our local club,
and degree work at our local Lodge Saturday. Church Sunday and
family/& nap time. Knees are feeling much better after an easier week
last week. Got to order some new dies for the .223AI, and .222 Mag
Improved's today. Looks like there are no used ones available and they
are kinda "pricey". Oh well, isn't shooting fun, more especially since these
rifles will be used for Prairie Dog Hunts. We are missing some of the good
morning regualrs today in MLM (alias "Tha Poor Old Farmer") & Tha Old Grey
Rooster". Guess Murph is out stooling the ditchlines looking for cans and
occasionally looking up in the moonlight for a Coyote, and Paul is probably
still hung tight with his spurs clinging to tha roost. Hope our friend WD is
feeling much better ! Each of you have a great day today and take time
to thank the one who blesses each of us with this another day in our lives.
God bless........

Don M.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Monday Morning!

Good morning to all you fine folks on the start of a new week. Been a lot of shootin going on all over the country this weekend, several yotes bit the bullet, 2 and 3 at a time, lots of practice shooting at paper sounds like, lots and lots of fun! :) Wake up you sleepy heads and get up and get the day and the week started! :mad: Take care and stay safe and have a great week! :D

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Good morning all from WV, looks like some mid 40's temps today but Tuesday looks a little different. Have a great day in your neck of the woods, God Bless.
Joe

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Mornin bd, Don, doc, KU, joe n gang!

Bd, you guys are sure having a lot of fun! I wish I wasn't so far away. I'm kinda spoiled by the fact that I have a range and shoot from my deck out to 200m. I would be lost if/when I have to move!

Heatwave! Got up to 28* yesterday! A fresh tracking snow is on the ground this morning.

Don - Got most of my 220 Swift brass prepped for the 07 PD Safari, just need the powder to fill the cases with. N550 doesn't come in 8# jugs, apparently, or so I'm told. At least it comes in 2# jugs. Someone once asked why powder manufactures didn't supply a "sampler" size powder bottle, meaning a bottle that contained 1/2# or less to try out. IMO, they do...It's called a 1 pound can!!...But, by the time you find a good load, you're looking for another supply of powder and hope it might be from the same lot (which it seldom is) and even then ya hasta fire some test groups to dial it back in.

Busy week ahead. Y'all have a great week!

P.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good Morning Gang

Its getting up to 70 here today so I am heading back to the deer camp and jumping on the tractor again. Coyotes must have a sixth sense as last time one trotted right by me when I was unarmed and sitting on the tractor. I wont be unarmed today...yall take care.-Cliff-

·
Registered
446 Posts
Goood morning..

.. hi folks, hope you all have a fine week.

Any thoughts from the GGVG gang? I bought a used Panda 6BR barrel, 1-8T, 27", and now considering reaming to 6x47Lapua Match for the Berger 105VLD's.

God bless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.