Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the neat article [haven't read it all yet] about ignition in rimfire cases.
Neat to have a 2" barrel stub and accuracy/stablization targets posted. Any one think about 'minimum barrel length'???:eek:
Still a neat article. Hope he pulled the barrel RIGHT after the picture!
Alan in GA

·
Registered
446 Posts
Haven't read all of that 22RF article yet, but I do know..

.. the magazine cover and page quality on this issue appear of less quality compared to any prior magazines. Kinda light weight and cheap feeling.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hi Folks....

Alan , I get a chuckle from Calfees ..... Folksy Folks usage ! But I pay attention to what he writes. He builds winning Rimfire Competition Rifles . They are expensive and don't last long when Advertised for Sale . Calfee does do some interesting and unusual Experimentation ! I stopped getting Precision Shooting about two years ago and just recently re-subscribed . Man .....they need to fatten up the Magazine.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The jes of the article seamed to be that rimfires should have the firing pins on the bottom, not the top or the side for most consistant ignition.
Yeah, but how many semi and bolt rimfires have the firing pin on top? I thought they were mainly to the 3 or 9 o'clock.

I agree his point is a valid one.

Get ready, his next generation RF's will have 6 o'clock pins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.