7 saum.....probably the last rifle ill have built
And a freaking savage lol

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Bruce and shane hit it on the head !
7 saum.....probably the last rifle ill have built
And a freaking savage lol
That's Freakin' Savage with capitals, please. 😁 Is the goal small groups or something else, like ringing steel waaaay out there or whacking yotes waaaay out there. I really don't' know what the caliber is capable of.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Son has one and it’s his 3rd one…. All done by Mike Bryant. Justin sells them as fast as he can get them built.

Reactions: george in KY

·
Registered
13,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Basically a 7mm Remington mag ..just short and fat so it will work on a short action.
Would you believe it was invented for use in a model 7 can you imagine the thump that would give!
Building for the sole purpose of going to shoot a mile at the dome.

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
George, you better get some Wheelie Bars for the chair or else do what a Red Leg would do, spud it in. ;)

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
George, you better get some Wheelie Bars for the chair or else do what a Red Leg would do, spud it in. ;)
Teach me, Tom. In the Army, an artilleryman is sometimes called a redleg because a red stripe on the trousers denotes Artillery. And I found that redleg is a Caribbean term for a poor white person. I'm sure "spud it in" is a clue, but I can't figure it out. Means "anchor it" or "pin it down?"

·
Registered
9,520 Posts
You're correct of course my Red Leg (sic) is your redleg, from Civil War artilleryman uniform.
The trailing arms on an artillery piece will have a "spade" / spud on the end. You've probably witnessed or seen films of a 105 bouncing pretty good under recoil. Without the spades spudded in......it would be pretty rambunctious.
It seems my Uncle said they could horse a 75 around into position but the 105s not so much. Hmmm, or was it 105 compared to the155s? Prob 75/105.
It's been a long time since we would be fixing fence and having conversations. How l loved that man. I will see him again. No doubt in my mind. I'm just here on a rain check.

Reactions: Kentucky Fisherman
1 - 20 of 30 Posts