Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Lake City plant makes the military ammo, the nickel plated cases are for some special purpose, I've read about it but I don't remember exactly what it was right now. Nickel plated cases don't last very long, they're brittle and crack easily, not the best for reloading.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I've been using some for quite awhile now, I got it in a batch from the Louisville Metro Swat team, where they'd been qualifying with some. So far, knock wood, it's held up quite well. I THINK it's FEDERAL GOLD MEDAL MATCH brass, Federal has the contract for running Lake City right now, but I might be mistaken somewhere along the line. I've been asking about it for two years, and no one else has much info. All I know is where I got it from, and who was using it, the rest is guesswork.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies

I picked this up on a range that is sometimes used by a few LE units.

Might load it up a few times to see how it works.

In spite of all the good board advice, I happen to like nickel plated brass and have had no problems with it.

A. Weldy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.