Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would appreciate reports from actual users of these two reticle offerings as to their relative usefulness in the small-furry-critter wars. Is the standard Nikoplex too thick for use on small (GS) critters at extended range? Is the FCH so fine as to be a problem in other than bright sunlight? Especially valuable would be input from those who use both versions who are able to give an informed comparison of these reticles after extended use. Many thanks.....Jack

P.S.: I also posted this same thread on the regular discussion board, hoping for maximum response. I hope nobody takes offense at this....Jack

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have found the FCH better for longrange. I have the Monarch (japan) and they are very good scopes. Have dots 1/8 min on 2 PD rifles and out past 400yds dot will cover. With the FHC you can see your hold-off much better.

Bill Z

·
Registered
270 Posts
I only have the FCH model. It is mounted on a 204 Ruger, it works great for small targets.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your responses...

My question was for a comparison of the reticles in this particular scope. From your responses and those over on the main board I have to conclude that for small crirtters at range, in all but the worst of conditions, it is really the FCH with which I would be most satisfied. Damn shame too, as my question was prompted by the great price from Midway on the Nikoplex version that Lance mentioned in his post on the other board. Thanks again to you both. Regards......Jack

·
Registered
96 Posts
Jack,

Below are the subtensions for each reticle. Maybe that will help your decision. The numbers below are for just the center crosshair.

Nikoplex
6.5x .33" at 100 yards
20x .11" at 100 yards

Fine Crosshair
6.5x .14" at 100 yards
20x .05" at 100 yards

Personally I think that both reticles would work fine for small targets for you. If you want as small as you can get, the Fine Crosshair is going to be the better reticle.

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for those figures, Jon...

Jack,

Below are the subtensions for each reticle. Maybe that will help your decision. The numbers below are for just the center crosshair.

Nikoplex
6.5x .33" at 100 yards
20x .11" at 100 yards

Fine Crosshair
6.5x .14" at 100 yards
20x .05" at 100 yards

Personally I think that both reticles would work fine for small targets for you. If you want as small as you can get, the Fine Crosshair is going to be the better reticle.

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
[email protected]
That seals the deal for me, as I can see now that it is really the FCH that would be most useful for me. Regards.....Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts