Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Happy Birthday! Don't know anything about that brand, but most ARs will shoot less than 1 moa, even the carbines like yours. To get best results, you need to use quality commercial bullets and develop loads that it likes. The twist rate is usually stamped on the barrel and that will determine how heavy a bullet you can use successfully. Get a few extra magazines also. i prefer 20 rounders, especailly want to shoot prone or on a bench.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Blackpaw, I did a Google for Diamondback Firearms, and there was even a review on American Rifleman from a few years ago. They are made in Florida, and are owned by Taurus. Unless they have changed a lot, is should have a 5.56 NATO chamber and have a 1:9 twist barrel, so bullets from 40gr to 69gr should be about the range. Most of the Hornady VMAX bullets would work great, but also try the Sierra and Nosler bullets for varmints or match, depending on what you want to do. I have 1:9 twist ARs, and those bullets all work fine. The GI 55gr FMJ or 62gr bullets are not as accurate in my experience because they are not as precisely made. For powders, try AA2230, H335 or W748 for powders. Enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts