Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of one of my 2006 chucks. A rather big one at that. It was actually one of the biggest of the season. I just thought that some winter doldrums could be warded off with a glance at a summer target. The rifle was a Savage Model 40. Caliber was 22Hornet. Load was a book dose of Lil-Gun under a 50 gr V-Max. Enjoy! Bill..........

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Oh Yea:D That's what I'm waiting fer. Thanks Bill

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bigger one yet! ***PIC***

If you thought the "thread starter" was big, check out this bad boy. The derringer measures 4" from muzzle to butt tip. That derringer is my dispatch tool so as to not waste a handloaded round. It is a 22 Mag.

I had spotted this big boy on a number of trips afield. Due to an angle that I was not comfortable shooting, I had to pass up several opportunities. One trip afield, I altered the dirrection that I approached his den. He was looking away from me as I approached. Fatal error on his part. The dairy farmer was one happy camper.
I've never entered a "weight contest", although there are a number of contests started every year. I just feel that it is real easy to cheat in that type of contest. I've known guys to actually semi force-feed pizza and such to a backyard pest in order to win a contest. Not for me.
Take care,
Bill.......................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.