Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI for those of us who cannot attend.
The SHOT Show is not open to the public. But you're invited!

By special arrangement, NRANews.com is taking you LIVE to Orlando, Florida, for the 2007 SHOT Show, America's largest trade show for the shooting sports and hunting industries.

Join us at www.nranews.com at noon Eastern on Thursday and Friday for special LIVE editions of "Cam & Company." You'll be among the first in America to see:

The newest firearms & ammunition
The hottest high-tech gadgets
The best in camping and outdoor apparel
The latest in optics, cutlery and archery gear
We'll also talk with industry leaders and newsmakers about issues important to you. Just send me your questions, and I'll get you answers.

"The Daily News with Ginny Simone" will also broadcast from the SHOT Show at 5:00 p.m. Eastern. And if you miss "Cam and Company" live, catch the replay on www.nranews.com and on Sirius Satellite Radio's Patriot Channel 144 from 9 to midnight Eastern.

So join me at www.nranews.com at noon Eastern Thursday and Friday, Jan. 11 & 12, LIVE from the 2007 SHOT Show.

Together we'll get up close and personal with some of the biggest names in the industry, and get sneak peeks at products that won't be on sale for months.

See you there!

Cam Edwards
Host of NRANews

·
Registered
488 Posts
Life member of the NRA and I will not watch. If the Shot Show people wanted us to see, we would have the right to go. I just think it is absolute BS that the public that buys and supports the manufacuters products, and puts food on their familys tables, cannot attend the show. :mad:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a life member as well. I understand your feelings, and did not want to start a debate, just wanted to give people the opportunity to view what we cannot see in person. Not sure it is the NRA who keeps us out, but they are giving us the chance to view it. If it is the Shot Show organizers and the manufacturers who deny us access to the show, we should direct our actions directly at them. I agree with you that it would be nice to have access, however, like a thousand other industries that have closed industry shows, it is their option. Appreciate your comments though and hope they come around to your way of thinking.

·
Registered
57 Posts
NRA Annual Meeting..

We (NRA members) have a chance to see much of what is at the SHOT Show....the NRA annual meeting. It is a "no pressure" setting, where questions can be asked and answered.
Like already stated, the SHOT Show is a trade show. Business atmosphere. Very easy to see how the public is not allowed.

Greg

·
Registered
488 Posts
I understand about trade shows and public being excluded from most but from a consumers perspective I don't buy it. These are direct consumer related goods. If you have ever been to the NRA Convention, it is the same mfgs. No flames intended in my last statement.

·
Registered
868 Posts
The SHOT Show is for Vendors, Dealers, Distributers, Press and Guests. If it was open to the public it would be so crowded you couldn't move. It's crowded even with the restriction. Go to the NRA Convention instead.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Anyone watch BIG GREEN on video?

I missed it- anything surprising mentioned?

·
Registered
244 Posts
If the Shot Show were open to the public, that would mean that all anti-gun people would have the right to attend. No venue would welcome the protesting, and negatave media coverage that would follow. Just my thoughts O C

·
Registered
726 Posts
I understand about trade shows and public being excluded from most, but from a consumers perspective I don't buy it. These are direct consumer related goods. If you have ever been to the NRA Convention, it is the same mfgs.
Man 30378, you have answered your own complaint! Most of the same vendors that go to the Shot Show also go to the Annual NRA Convention. So just attend that show. That is the show for you, and the rest of the public. The NRA does not require NRA membership to attend the vendor displays. Anyone can attend, it is open to all the public.

You have absolutely no right at all to attend the Shot Show. These people are doing very serious business at this show. No one there would appreciate interference from the general public with their business activities at the event.

How do you think a gun dealer would feel if they had to wait to get service from one of their vendors, due to someone outside the industry taking up their vendor's valuable time?

Sorry, but I don't think you are going to get any sympathy for your position about this.

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
351 Posts
Man 30378, you have answered your own complaint! Most of the same vendors that go to the Shot Show also go to the Annual NRA Convention. So just attend that show. That is the show for you, and the rest of the public. The NRA does not require NRA membership to attend the vendor displays. Anyone can attend, it is open to all the public.

You have absolutely no right at all to attend the Shot Show. These people are doing very serious business at this show. No one there would appreciate interference from the general public with their business activities at the event.

How do you think a gun dealer would feel if they had to wait to get service from one of their vendors, due to someone outside the industry taking up their vendor's valuable time?

Sorry, but I don't think you are going to get any sympathy for your position about this.

Lance in Orygun
Agree. Some people on this board just can't resist taking a cheap shot at the NRA. As the old saying goes: "With friends like that, who needs enemies."

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts