Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A friend picked up some barrels and dies and this die has changeable bases. One was engraved a 6mm tall dog and the other die was unmarked. He ended up with about 90 barrels. Lots of the were 6 tall dogs and look like 1.350" threaded for pandas.
Anyone know anything about this die and who made it?

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
If were taking guesses I’ll say they were made by,,,,,,,,,,,wait a minute………..is there a prize?????
Fred Hasecuster from, of all places, Indiana.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
They allow you to size the base a little smaller without bumping the shoulder. We make and sell a ring die that sizes only the base of a case and eliminates hard bolt lift without bumping the shoulder. It may also reduce primer pocket expansion. I have 30BR cases with 50 firings on them with no primer problems.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
FB has taken his Smart Pills, that's for sure.
Almost glad I'm Ignorant of this stuff; I just shoot a .204 Ruger and be done with it.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Hmmmm, probadly depends on how many high pressure loads have been shot.

Reactions: mrmurl

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
It’s rather crude but I heard one time that you stick a ham in there and pull the bone out.
Relining I guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Harrellls made a vari base die for 6ppc before they started making the custom base dies, has a screw in base of different sizes, Still uses bushings for the neck and also bumps the shoulder. I have one if anybody wants it.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
So sorry to hear this. I didn't even know he was sick. I suppose there will be a memorial shoot named after him. We could rotate it around the various states in successive years. Winner would get the 'Oddball' of the year award. The winner each year picks the 'Oddball' award for the following year. Then we could have a prize for the oddest 'Oddball' award. He'd be in the same league with Lee Collet.
-West out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts