Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Oh, woe is me

807 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  TinMan 
#1 ·
Actually, woe was me.
I dropped two small ash trees on the driveway, right where I wanted them. I went inside to get a spot of tea. When I came back out the chainsaw wouldn’t start. I broke the trigger safety or release on the top of the handle and the throttle wouldn’t engage. What’s a fellow to do? Broken chainsaw and two trees on the drive way.I hate to borrow mechanized equipment but I had to hit up the neighbor for his chainsaw. The job is done and all is right again in Michigan’s Thumb.

#8 ·
I can no longer start a chain saw of any size because of a very deteriorated right shoulder. Needs replaced but time is not right with wife deem in chemo. I gave my son the new Husky I got as his was pretty well shot after 20 years. He got me a DeWalt 60 volt electric for Father's Day. It does the job quite well. More guts than I expected. He is 2 1/2 states away so I can't shame him into cutting here.

#10 ·
The lithium ion batteries and brushless motors have made a huge performance difference in modern power tools, no matter what tool it is. I had to buy a new cordless drill about a year ago, and the difference was very surprising. Be careful what brand you choose, as none of the makers will interchange batteries, so IMO it is best to stick with one brand, so you can have multiple batteries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.