Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Nice! This is one my buddy picked up not too long ago. Getting 4 wheel disk brakes and new fuel system with EFI.

It sat in a garage forever until then guys wife finally decided to sell it and his son didn't want it.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Nice. When I lived in KC, my body shop guy and his son had 34 Fords. The dad had a yellow full fendered yellow five window coupe with 327 Chevy. The son had a red three window coupe chopped and channeled with cycle fenders, chrome tube axle with discs, and a big block Chevy with a 6-71 blower and dual quads on top. I all could do was to stand there and drool.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
34 Fords
My late Dad bought a brand new 34 Ford Coupe back "Then" and a fella 3 days out of the Penitentiary, Drunk, on wrong side of road, Hit him Head On and Totaled both cars.
The Drunk was driving a car he bought for $50.... back before Insurance was even thought about.
He seldom ever talked about it, but he talked about a Hudson Terraplane that he owned till he died. Monster 6 banger engine and a fast car. He said a V8 Ford didn't have a chance.

This one is on sale for the paultry sum of $77,000

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Great Pictures JR. Dad was a Ford man his whole life. He had a couple 57’s and a 58. The only picture I have handy is this one of Mom sitting on the hood of a 57.

·
Administrator
3,600 Posts
In my youth my buddy and I rebuilt a 55 ford and drove it for a couple of years till we graduated from high school. A fella I think of once in awhile that I haven't seen since 1967 had a Terraplane, I ought to look him up.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow that 55 Ford in the first picture brings back some memories. As a senior in high school (way long ago) I bought my Grandmother's 55 Club Sedan for $250. It was a two door with at 272 V8 and three on the tree transmission. Had 48,000 miles on it. Only thing I hated on it was the 6 volt positive ground electrical system. Ford got smart and went to a 12 volt system in 56.

Whenever I drove it seemed I was always asked if I wanted to sell it. Kept it for 24 years and then sold in in 2001 because I just didn't have the time or money to restore it. Had 78,000 miles when I sold it.

Wish I could have kept it but know that I would never have gotten around to doing the work I wanted. Will see the 55's and 56's at car shows and always have a lot of nostalgia seeing them.

·
Administrator
3,600 Posts
A guy across the river from me has a beautiful 55 Ford with fender skirts and conny kit on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts