Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard that the site is going to change back to the old format or is this just a rumor? I know the classifieds have already been changed back. I hope it changes back to the old Main Board. It was so easy to see the topics and posts compared to the way it is now. I hate selecting a topic just to see who is posting what. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Old Board

I for one like this board much better than the old one. Have you realized where everyone goes on here? 49 people visiting the anything goes board, 4 in the varmint hunting section, and nine in the firearms section. On the old board as soon as something was posted that was interesting it was lost 3 pages back by the end of the day. At least on this board things get bumped to the top. I don't post alot but read all the time.
Dave in TX

·
Registered
233 Posts
The Classifieds are in the old format until John and Mike get it moved to the new I believe. The new board takes a little adjusting to, but it has some significant advantages. Give it some time to grow on you.:eek:

·
Registered
411 Posts
new board

change is good! I think. I am always open to new things if they make things better, easier or quicker. It seems it does most of these things for me at least.

I like it!

·
Administrator
1,552 Posts
Nope, can't go back...

The old software is 'Kaput. This format is permanent. We are transisitoning back to the old Classifieds though so the "For sale or trade" forums are going away.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Most change is good -BUT....

I am sorry to [email protected]@ the board change as it takes more time to find and yet more time to reply and it has become boring for me to "hunt" for an interesting topic or reply, to me. Plus, the pages seem more shorter and more "jumping" around. The board is not losing much by me not participating and you were the last using the old format of the sites I visit so all GOOD things, I guess, come to an end. May you all have a very Happy and Profitable New Year and I will still be around for awhile. For all you benchrest shooters, may all you groups be "bug holes" this coming season. The Yukon Kid a.k.a. Peter Flisock New Years resolution: Shoot a 3" group this coming season(1000 yards- 10 [email protected])

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
It is very similar to RimfireCentral where I also hang out. I like it very much and hope we stay this way. :)

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
The Classifieds are in the old format until John and Mike get it moved to the new I believe.

Not so Mi Amigo. John and some of us liked the old classies so much, he retransmogrified them back onto this new style board. So what you see is the fruits of their labor saving about the only part that could be saved and not cause them the continuing headaches the old software, which was now and had been unsupported for several years.:(

Sure do like the classies since resurrection.:D

And on the main thread, I doubt (actually would make book) that we'll see the old board as that software was not available - Mike and John did a yeomans job of checking that out before being forced to initiate the move to a new board which happens to be this configuration.........Just hop on, hang on and enjoy. If I can get used to it, anyone can. I am even sleeping almost as good as I was before the change.....<G>:rolleyes:

·
Registered
233 Posts
The Classifieds are in the old format until John and Mike get it moved to the new I believe.

Not so Mi Amigo. John and some of us liked the old classies so much, he retransmogrified them back onto this new style board. So what you see is the fruits of their labor saving about the only part that could be saved and not cause them the continuing headaches the old software, which was now and had been unsupported for several years.:(

Sure do like the classies since resurrection.:D

And on the main thread, I doubt (actually would make book) that we'll see the old board as that software was not available - Mike and John did a yeomans job of checking that out before being forced to initiate the move to a new board which happens to be this configuration.........Just hop on, hang on and enjoy. If I can get used to it, anyone can. I am even sleeping almost as good as I was before the change.....<G>:rolleyes:
I stand corrected. Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
John said it is TOAST

Can`t we let this die?
Please.....

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Set up for "Threaded" view...

I am sorry to [email protected]@ the board change as it takes more time to find and yet more time to reply and it has become boring for me to "hunt" for an interesting topic or reply, to me. Plus, the pages seem more shorter and more "jumping" around.
As many have discovered, if you go to the "user CP" section and click on the "Edit Options" section and scroll down to "Thread Display". Select "Threaded", and at the bottom click "Save Changes".

Now you will see the old familiar thread tree; who responded to who, and when you click on their title line, you will instantly get their post to pop up.

See if this isn't better. I like it a lot - especially b/c it shows the relationship of responses, just like the old format did.

P.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you, it is much better to see the entire thread. Life is better now and may you, Paul Workman have a great shooting season and enjoy that vette of yours. The Yukon Kid

·
Registered
446 Posts
OK, old format gone- now what???

It's cool ---> :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
try changing your display to linear or hybrid mode, and see how much things are sped up for your. I like the old board for its people, but always thought it was too big of a hassle to click back and forth across it all compared to other forums. Problem solved. Also, how many double posts and errors were on the other. Now they can be corrected by clicking edit. My only concern is that I do not visit every room all the time. The one big room is what made the other board great. I'm afraid I will miss some good varmint hunting advice because I am in here all the time.
ryan m

1 - 17 of 17 Posts