Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
I retired 14 months ago, just after turning 62. Since then my saying is "I thought I retired but now I work for my wife". Added the covered front porch with ramp (for my wife) last summer. Remodeling a room off the master bedroom that includes a bathroom. Turning out nice but taking way longer than I thought it would as I had to remove the entire sub floor an replace. Once that is done, I have to remodel the main bathroom. Try to find time to do other stuff, like fishing. She talks about doing the kitchen this fall and I have told her next year at the earliest.

t.................
Plant Property Window Sky Tree

·
Registered
23 Posts
I retired 14 months ago, just after turning 62. Since then my saying is "I thought I retired but now I work for my wife". Added the covered front porch with ramp (for my wife) last summer. Remodeling a room off the master bedroom that includes a bathroom. Turning out nice but taking way longer than I thought it would as I had to remove the entire sub floor an replace. Once that is done, I have to remodel the main bathroom. Try to find time to do other stuff, like fishing. She talks about doing the kitchen this fall and I have told her next year at the earliest.

t................. View attachment 31200
Maaaaate you are living the dream .......

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Remember the only clock is the clock and wife (Mostly wife) put on you. I retired at age 52 and have enjoyed the 30 years since that day. My retirement is a years in service time retirement. In the early years I did a lot of work but have slowed down.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Can’t tell you how many coppers I’ve known who retired, sat down, and never got back up. It was not a job that kept you in peak condition back in the day and doing nothing came very easy to lots of guys. I retired from IPD in ‘93 and went back to work for the city the next day. Worked another 14 years which got me a 2nd pension. When I retired for good, my first priority was to find something to get me out of the rack every morning. Played softball until I had the 2nd hip replacement at 70. The season prior to the first one, I played somewhere around 300 games. Golf has filled some of that gap but the pancake joint you’ve heard of is what gets me moving every morning. Ya’ gotta’ do something.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I,ve been retired 10 yrs..... busier now then when I worked full time...
.Working yrs. I always did side jobs...plus my regular.Had a jood job and I liked it.....
Now I,m doing all the stuff I wanted and did,nt have time to do.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts