Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He got me on a Rural King kick. Last night after I got my AR put together, I started putting things away. I put some guns back in the safe and tried to shut the door...crunch. Ugh. I have Browning 24 gun safe and it's over full. Don't think I have more than about 18 long guns in there though. Some barrel up, some down, all catty -wampus. I managed to rearrange slightly and got the door to shut. Then I turned around and dangit...2 more guns sitting out. I have a Stack-on 12 gun "cabinet" also and it is full too. Cheaper stuff in there, 22's, old stuff, muzzleloaders. I NEED a new safe.

Today I pulled up the new RK flier on the net at lunch. Doorbuster sale on front page. 20 gun fire rated safe regular $449 on sale for $299. I knew they'd sell out quick so I hit "add to cart".

Sent mom up home for my truck and she ran down and got it. Have a bud might help me get it in the basement at some point.

Not a bad little safe...and I mean little. I think they count the 6 handgun pouches on the door as "guns". Probably fit 12 maybe 14 long guns. Just what I needed and it won't be such a bitch to get out if the basement when I move. Oh and it came with 4 free small ammo cans.

So thanks Doug. Guess I should have called to see if you had a discount code? 馃榿

Registered
There's instructions on YouTube how to "Crack" those safes..
I have a similar one and the method Does indeed work.
But it may keep grandkids out.

Registered
Yeah, introducing a friend to Rural King is about as dangerous as talking him into buying his first 10/22 or AR: Costly. You do know about RK Guns online, right? Buy on there, have it shipped to your local RK store. Shipping is a flat $12.99 and when you pick it up they have a computer and you do the transfer on their nickel. Hard to beat that. I've bought 2-3 from RK Guns that way. Only downside I see is that apparently a gazillion guys get the emails, so when a good price comes along, you have to jump on it, no waiting around to decide. And like most LGS places, their inventory has been scary low since early 2020.

Best prices in town on black sunflower seed and suet, too. And free popcorn!

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my big safe out in the open. The cabinet is tucked in a closet. I'll put this one next to it and plan on framing it out with doors and a lock to hide it. Doubt they look for a second or third safe. But even the big ones can be broken into with a grinder and you know as far in the stix as I am, they won't have to be in a hurry if nobody is home when they are doing it.

Registered
you mean if you鈥檙e rural you鈥檙e vulnerable鈥OL. I鈥檓 in trouble. Houston鈥e have a problem.

I never pass up an opportunity to post a pic. Wifey said today was national dog day or something like that so thought I鈥檇 post a pic of ours鈥.

Registered
If RK doesn鈥檛 have it, you probably don鈥檛 need it. Good selection of plaid shirts, too. 馃槉

1 - 7 of 7 Posts