God blessed me with life. And I make every effort to thank him for
each & every day. Turned 62 today. "officially retired" as of January
1, 2007. Am I gonna quit work, probably not as long as God blesses
me with the health to continue.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Happy Birthday Don!!!

Honestly buddy, the good Lord blessed a bunch of us by putting you here for us to enjoy your company. You're as good as they get in my book.

But Don, I thought your Birthday was Dec. 31??? ;>) WD

·
Registered
698 Posts
A Happiest Of Birthdays To You

Hi Don, What are you going to do differently as a retired person? I guess you have packed up all you personal belongings already. Congratulations Brother. -Cliff-

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Happy Birthday, ya old phardt. Hope you have lots more of 'em. As my brother-in-law says "hope you live as long as ya want to, and want to as long as ya live".
Rick

·
Registered
516 Posts
Happy Birthday, Don

Hope you have a great day. I retired a year ago the first of December and I honestly don't know how I ever had time to work. I turned 60 about a week ago, we are officially 'Geezers'.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Happy Birthday Don

Enjoy retirement to it fullest !!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Experience talkin here!!

You've got about 10 years to travel to and do the hard things. After that, you will be lucky just to go to the edge and peep over. Go and do!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Congratulations !

I hope you have a great B'day. I tried retirement for a couple of years, but unless you have a bunch of money laid back, it gets a little boring after a while. I recently went back to work three days a week, and I am really enjoying it. I am renewing old acquaintences, and the extra money is also nice to have when I need a new "toy." Whatever you decide, enjoy !

ThJudg (Roger)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Happy Birthday,Don...

and good luck with retirement.....it takes a while to "unwind" and really FEEL retired....took me 2 years to learn to 'sleep in' until 6:00 A.M. !!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
congratulations!

Don,

Congratulations on reaching such an august age and being wise enough to retire and enjoy life more than ever.

Stay active and get even more toys!

Hu

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Happy 62nd Birthday Don.

Keep on hunting and fishing and camping and RVing and , well you get my drift.

HARRY...soon to follow in two weeks

·
Registered
169 Posts
and good luck with retirement.....it takes a while to "unwind" and really FEEL retired....took me 2 years to learn to 'sleep in' until 6:00 A.M. !!
Yeah, Dana,.... I wanted to talk to you about that "getting up at 6 thing"....
Dee says that time don`t exist and she has led me to believe it`s true!

·
Registered
169 Posts
We`re all here to learn,

Happy Birthday and please set a good example for us and get out and PLAY a lot!:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Happy Brithday Don....

In blessing you with life, the Lord has also blessed many of US with your friendship. And for that I am truly thankful. Happy Birthdya Brother.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Reytirement is for old guys. Working is for young guys. That leaves most of us somewhere in the middle. Hmm, maybe I'll stay up late tonight thinking about this?

Anyway, Happy Birthday

Ken

1 - 20 of 26 Posts