4K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  joez 
#1 ·
God blessed me with life. And I make every effort to thank him for
each & every day. Turned 62 today. "officially retired" as of January
1, 2007. Am I gonna quit work, probably not as long as God blesses
me with the health to continue.

#2 ·
Happy Birthday Don!!!

Honestly buddy, the good Lord blessed a bunch of us by putting you here for us to enjoy your company. You're as good as they get in my book.

But Don, I thought your Birthday was Dec. 31??? ;>) WD

#5 ·
Happy Birthday, ya old phardt. Hope you have lots more of 'em. As my brother-in-law says "hope you live as long as ya want to, and want to as long as ya live".
Rick

#6 ·
Happy Birthday, Don

Hope you have a great day. I retired a year ago the first of December and I honestly don't know how I ever had time to work. I turned 60 about a week ago, we are officially 'Geezers'.

Molon Labe

Kim

#11 ·
Congratulations !

I hope you have a great B'day. I tried retirement for a couple of years, but unless you have a bunch of money laid back, it gets a little boring after a while. I recently went back to work three days a week, and I am really enjoying it. I am renewing old acquaintences, and the extra money is also nice to have when I need a new "toy." Whatever you decide, enjoy !

ThJudg (Roger)

#12 ·
Happy Birthday,Don...

and good luck with retirement.....it takes a while to "unwind" and really FEEL retired....took me 2 years to learn to 'sleep in' until 6:00 A.M. !!

#17 ·
and good luck with retirement.....it takes a while to "unwind" and really FEEL retired....took me 2 years to learn to 'sleep in' until 6:00 A.M. !!
Yeah, Dana,.... I wanted to talk to you about that "getting up at 6 thing"....
Dee says that time don`t exist and she has led me to believe it`s true!

#19 ·
Happy Brithday Don....

In blessing you with life, the Lord has also blessed many of US with your friendship. And for that I am truly thankful. Happy Birthdya Brother.

#20 ·
Reytirement is for old guys. Working is for young guys. That leaves most of us somewhere in the middle. Hmm, maybe I'll stay up late tonight thinking about this?

Anyway, Happy Birthday

Ken

#24 ·
A pleasure to have known you

I can honestly say that I have never met a nicer guy than Don M. Hope you get a lot of shooting done in the next decade, wish I could pack it up right now with the USPS and do some Coyote hunting. Work interfeers with all Fun things. JR and Jess

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.